Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Home Theatre and Surround System

Hi bros,

Me and my dad are planning to buy a 250k worth of home theatre system but since i'm not good at this really, in short i have no idea which is which..or where to buy quality stuffs at a good price...

I need your suggestions to which monitor is "sulit" for 200k and which surround system is "sulit" for 50k.

*they say plasma is better than LCD. Another say LCD is better than plasma coz if madaot ang plasma it cant be repaired OR shall i settle for a sony VEGA?

anyone?

buy a projector nalang... then hang it on your ceiling... ^_^ problem is you must have a big wall or something... but you could have a really big screen.. just like in the movie house... as for the sound system... i am satisfied with my JBL SCS10 worth 16k @ 40% dc...

i prefer,... plasma screen batter.... coz of da clarity (HDTV),.....
    but for ur budget u wanna get everything right,..... (TV,... amp,.. speakerz) i dont think u have enought for a plasma,......
    but just check on it for da pricez,...... coz da EDTV Plasma screen are dropin down,...

but for dat budget,... just get LCD,.....

(info: plasma uses phosphors,....da plasma we have today has approximately 25,000 to 30,000 hours before it fade'z out and die'z out,..... and there'z is no wayz of replacing it,....)

DLP TV'z list the backlight bulb hourz at around 80,000 hours.... when it die's out,...... u can replace da bulb fo only 200 buckz,....

thinkz bout it homie,.....
    but for me i still pick'd plasma,......

Set up an HTPC Buy A Computer, Audigy 2 ZS or Audigy 4 soundcard, Creative Gigaworks S750 (7.1 surround speakers), and an LCD projector. You'll have a pretty good setup na with your budget - plus you can use computer for other things...

A high end computer... would cost you 100k...
    dont just get creative speakers... get a good amplifier, hook it up to the soundcard via optical, then buy a real home theatre speakers... JBL is a good one, or support local, Daichi... then the LCD projector...

oh btw, it is indeed a great idea (if you dont worry about electricity)..

@dom_08: bro, where did u buy the JBL speakers?

@cholocoy: tanx for the info bros...Plasma man gyud ko pero...damn! i hate too think that my 200k goes to waste in the future.
    What's a DLP TVs? Does it have the same quality with the LCD?

@kid: What's an HTPC?

*tanx for the suggestions guys. So, where can i buy them?

@pogy_uy

i bought it on a JBL shop here in SM MegaMall... during a 3day mallwide sale..
    LCD projector are good, IMO, Tried In-Focus Brand, and they are bright, ang good even in outdoors... as for the availability and where to buy it, i have no idea...

DLP - Digital Light Processing

check out this site,.... http://www.dlptvshowcase.com/
    therez also a link in this site datz tellz u which is better for u,... DLP or LCD
    u ask'z if it has da same quality,.... for me i find DLP better then LCD,.... but datz just on me,...

check out da site,....
    grip of info'z

No Prob that's what we're here for

HTPC - Home Theater PC. Computer setup mainly for Home theaters... This is definitely the way to go.

Gigaworks ain't that bad. For 30k, you get thx certified 7.1 speakers with 210w sub and 70w satellites (thats 70w per channel not total) Others only have 7-10w per...

But if you wanna go further, get ampli and jbl speakers like dom said. JBL is what most good moviehouses use. Make sure to get the digital speakers

And for display, I'd say get projector. It's bigger, and feels more like a theater... If you want Flat panels (LCD, or Plasma), get it for your dining area or bedroom, but definitely get a projector for your home theater

Just my 2 cents....

check-out cebu circuit city at ayala and country mall. they might have what you're looking for

my personal preference would also be an HTPC but with a separate amp (Denon or Onkyo) and some great speakers (JBL or B&W). for display, i'd go for DLP or plasma (i'm not a fan of LCD)

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast