Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Epox 9NPA+ SLI Phased Out! WHY?

Why has the legendary Epox 9NPA+ SLI been phased out here in the Philippines?

Is it because it was too good a performer for its price point of PhP6,500? Over in the western world, and even in Japan, it is lauded as one of the best overclockers for the socket 939 boards, comparable to the DFI Lanparty, but at 1/2 the cost...!

It is also one of the highest rated motherboards on Newegg, with over 80% of reviewers giving it 5 stars...

With features such as 10 USB ports, 6 SATA II ports (supports 2 eSATA external ports), 2 Firewire ports, that great I/O panel Fan, Thunderprobe, Onboard Post-Port LED display, OK Status LEDs for RAM, Proc, and V-Card, Status Activity LEDs for the RAM, extra heatsinks, free tools, etc...

So, WHY has it been phased out here? I asked their local distributor, but even they could not answer me...

Now, the local stores are peddling the "castrated" version of this board, which is the 9NPA3 SLI at just PhP300 less... which cuts the SATA down to 2, and removes the Firewire totally, converts all IDE cables back to the old style FLAT instead of round, deletes the extra heatsinks and tools, and God knows what else...

Why did they do this?

The legend in all its glory....
    [img width=500 height=375]http://www.tbreak.com/reviews/imageview.php?image=9375[/img]

The RAM activity LEDs...

The onboard POST port LED display, Power and Reset buttons, and 6 orange sata Ports....

Default Re: Epox 9NPA+ SLI Phased Out! WHY?

alkanse guro ang Epox bai for that price point and with all that premium features installed.

philippines ra tingali bro, from what i know ni hinay gyud ang epox sa pinas since last year. its even so hard to order highend mobos gikan nila price point wise dli sila ana ka alkansi.
    majority gud sa atong market is low end ang halin, mas maka profit ang mga local distro in selling many low end mobos that cost 2~4k

Kewl! Bai, she's a beautiful mobo if I may say so. Mura ko nagtan-aw chicks nga hubag kaayo! lol

what a shame though.... and for P300 less, they're pushing a product that offers so much less...

I asked my supplier maka order paman siya daw ani, pero if incase mag warranty its gonna take longer than regular.
    for a price of 6,500 parihas raman na as DFI

nindot ma ni na mobo!! basin lugi na sad cguro ang epox karon diri sa local nato!!

can't say i'm surprised. it's usually the good ones go first because they usually cater to the midrange to the common user.

Quote Originally Posted by weedmeister2
    what a shame though.... and for P300 less, they're pushing a product that offers so much less...
    ??

And retailers who don't carry epox mobos especially pcx
    used to say that epox mobos capacitors will explode in just a weeks usage.

How wrong they are I even Oced my Epox mobo to its limit as a normal usage.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast