Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Installing windows XP on Pentium 3 below

guyz, need you help.

been trying to install windows xp sp2 on a pentium 3. there wasnt any problem with the formatting etc. the problem came when windows will start to copy files. i get messages like " xxxx.dll cannot be copied".

does anyone know what the problem is? is it the installer? or would i be better of installing windows 98 or below?

and another thing, it keeps on booting from the CD even if i dont do anything. as far as i know, it only boots when you press any key when it says "Press any key to boot from CD". but in this case, it automatically boots.

memory test usa brad to check if ok ba imong ram

- bad xp-cd?
    - bad cd-drive?
    - bad hdd?

thanks for the replies guyz. anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by istorya_19 View Post
    guyz, need you help.

been trying to install windows xp sp2 on a pentium 3. there wasnt any problem with the formatting etc. the problem came when windows will start to copy files. i get messages like " xxxx.dll cannot be copied".

does anyone know what the problem is? is it the installer? or would i be better of installing windows 98 or below?

and another thing, it keeps on booting from the CD even if i dont do anything. as far as i know, it only boots when you press any key when it says "Press any key to boot from CD". but in this case, it automatically boots.
    I t would help if you could give us the specs of the rig. IIRC, some p3 mobos do not like XP. Sometime you had to remove all PCI devices before you install XP, and then add those removed PCI devices one by one.

pa-ilis nana ug bag-o bro.... i7 ...hehe

pwede ra xp ana bai!, peru change your cd/dvd drive,
    d lang kabasa tarong imu cd drive.

y dont u try installing another OS? like.... uhhhh windows 95?

@grss1982

i wasnt really able to take those rigs apart coz it was super dusty.hehe i was at my friends house lang yesterday and was trying to help him run those things.

@zyper_jag81
    di man kinahanglan mag i7 bro kay tutoring ra man toh for kids.hehe

@chill_angel25
    will try that when maka balik ko did2 sa ila.

@kazuya
    that would be my last resort. if i still cant install xp on those rigs, i'll go for win95 or 98.

Windows XP Minimum Requirements:
    •PC with 300 megahertz or higher processor clock speed recommended; 233 MHz minimum required (single or dual processor system);* Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended
    •128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features)
    •1.5 gigabytes (GB) of available hard disk space*
    •Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
    •CD-ROM or DVD drive
    •Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

Make sure nga imo PC specs fall w/in the Minimum System Requirements especially sa processor ug sa memory. Diha kasagaran mo fail ang installation. Also, PCs are typically configured to look for the OS on a CD or DVD first and then the hard disk. Since nag format man ka, then you are trying to install OS, mao nang mo boot siya pirme sa CD...Imo computer wala pa man OS

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast