Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Performance Leak

We're starting to get a clearer picture of just how fast AMD's Ryzen processors will be thanks to a select few benchmarks leaks, and they're painting a rather worrying picture for Intel. The latest data points to AMD's Ryzen 5 1600X outperforming Intel's Core i7-6850K in both single-threaded and multi-threaded tests in the CPU-Z benchmark tool.
    Image credit: Antony Leather. Data via CPU-Z database and Wccftech.com

Why is this significant? Because the Ryzen 5 1600X is slated to retail at just $259, while Intel's Core i7-6850K retails for a whopping $610. The two CPUs also offer similar specifications, with similar frequencies, 6 cores and 12 threads each, with the AMD processor having a maximum turbo frequency of 3.7GHz and the Intel chip of 3.8GHz.
    Impressively, not only does the Ryzen 5 1600X beat the slightly higher-clocked Intel CPU, but it has a much lower TDP/power consumption of 95W compared to a TDP of 140W for the Intel Core i7-6850K, which should mean it runs cooler.

ADVERTISING

I've included data for Intel's Core i7-7700K in the graph too - it has a much higher turbo frequency of 4.5GHz, which is why it obtained a faster single-thread score. It's worth remembering that not all programs will make use of the extended number of cores and threads offered by both Intel and AMD's 6, 8 and 10-core CPUs - raw frequency and IPC are still just as important, so a lot will depend on just how overclockable Ryzen parts are when they arrive.
    Image credit - Antony Leather

That said, even the lowly Core i7-7700K costs $100 more than the supposed retail price of the Ryzen 5 1600X, which is a huge amount at this end of the market. Even if the AMD CPU can be pushed to around just 4.5GHz, it would still make for a vastly better offering and as the graphs above show, in anything remotely multi-threaded it will likely be significantly faster, even if clocked slower too.
    It's all exciting stuff and with Ryzen supposedly launching in just a couple of weeks in early March, the desktop CPU market could be about to go through some drastic changes, swinging things in AMD's favor.

Good luck intel! Hahaha

Source: Forbes Welcome

^ nice, now lets wait for the real world apps and real world gaming benchmark... I know that the whole world is waiting and is excited...

go go go AMD!

Synthetic paman pud pero it still shows high numbers given the price points. $300 ish difference? Deym.

Also can't wait for REAL gaming/program benchmarks. Di lang ko mag over-hype basin ma disappoint ra ko. Wahahaha!

^ sa akoa, ang price ang mo matter pag ayo para sa mainstream... even kun sa actual benchmark sa apps and games, awahi gamay ang AMD (but not much) then sa price, dako kayo ang difference, then, we got a clear winner... that would be AMD. samotan na kun ang result sa actual apps ang gaming benchmark, mo gawas na ang AMD Ryzen ang naa sa taas, mas better pa gyud ni... kay barato man daan ang price...

but kun sa enthusiast level, kun ubos ang sa AMD (bisan I-OC), those peeps in the enthusiast community will still embrace Intel's offering bisan mahal... kay they need to get the best there is... then will not settle for 2nd place... cost is not an issue sa ani na peeps...

whews!

kalamay... hopefully mid march naa n ni dre s a2a.. hinay2 na tag tigum ani!

I hear mas flexible pd daw ang upgrade path with AM4.. gaaaaad mayta!!

A the last time i check AMD puros ra hype,,hehehe hope dili na this time

kalamay!

hopefully this translate to real world performance advantage

and NOT Another Mad Deception...
    Last edited by butitoy; 02-20-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_joy View Post
    ^ sa akoa, ang price ang mo matter pag ayo para sa mainstream... even kun sa actual benchmark sa apps and games, awahi gamay ang AMD (but not much) then sa price, dako kayo ang difference, then, we got a clear winner... that would be AMD. samotan na kun ang result sa actual apps ang gaming benchmark, mo gawas na ang AMD Ryzen ang naa sa taas, mas better pa gyud ni... kay barato man daan ang price...

but kun sa enthusiast level, kun ubos ang sa AMD (bisan I-OC), those peeps in the enthusiast community will still embrace Intel's offering bisan mahal... kay they need to get the best there is... then will not settle for 2nd place... cost is not an issue sa ani na peeps...
    As what I've read, di kaayo nindot ang Ryzen's OC potential. So sakto ka nga mas taas jud ug expectation sa intel in terms of overclocking. Hopefully, we see a much better result for Ryzen. GO BUDGET GAMING!

Quote Originally Posted by 21guns View Post
    A the last time i check AMD puros ra hype,,hehehe hope dili na this time
    unless nalugi ka kay namalit ka ug AMD stocks before bulldozer launch then MOVE.ON. Bulldozer fiasco was 6 years ago jeezuz. murag sirang plaka mga tawo diri. As for the overclocking potential. Leaks and rumors pa so tumar ug usa ka kutsarang asin bago mo mubasa ug Ryzen related nga article para dili ma hype. Naa ra na sa atoa kung magpahype ta or dili.
    Last edited by Sempron Guy; 02-22-2017 at 02:57 AM.

klarong istorya ana boss, kung aha ang mahal didto ang uban. Labi na mga anak ug druglord, di na sila mangutana ahay paspas, diretso na nah aha bulawan ug presyo. Ganina lang naa koy nabasahan sa pikas forum, di daw kaya tapatan ni AMD ang mga high end/enthusiast level na line ni Intel. Nag tuo sila ang current broadwell-e lineup sa intel nga muabot thousand dollars ang presyo maoy pinakapaspas pang gaming hehe. Default na siguro sa ila utok. Mahal = paspas.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast