Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Questions on Linksys BEFSR41

Brods,

I enable the DCHP feature of my Linksys BEFSR41. I want filter the MAC address of a certain PC in the LAN to prevent it from accessing the internet. However, by doing so, that certain PC can't obtain an IP address from the DHCP. How do I configure it to block that certain PC from accessing the internet but still obtain an IP address from the DHCP?

Thanks.

Default Re: Questions on Linksys BEFSR41

if DHCP imo gamit murag lisod kaayo na i-filter.. coz everytime your COMPUTER turns off and everytim u turn off your router... IP and MAC addresses changes....

so better set static IP... and filter the IP.

BEFSR41... be careful not to use it in a place without ventilation.... mine got busted because no aircon in the room... somehow, linksys isnt designed for warm climates... better pa ang dlink or cnet.. my dlink is still working till now..

MAC addresses donot change, whether Dynamic or Static IP addressing

Quote Originally Posted by raven
    Brods,

I enable the DCHP feature of my Linksys BEFSR41. I want filter the MAC address of a certain PC in the LAN to prevent it from accessing the internet. However, by doing so, that certain PC can't obtain an IP address from the DHCP. How do I configure it to block that certain PC from accessing the internet but still obtain an IP address from the DHCP?

Thanks.
    Kung wala kay third party device nga firewall, I advice you to activate the content advisor to thus PC nga imong e-restrict pag access sa internet just supply a long password..
    Nudity set to Level 4, *** set to Level 4, Language set to level 4, violence set to level 4

well... its a nice brand linksys. for me IT SUCKS... kapoy kaayo na ... switch to DLINK IT ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uyyy bro ako suggess ayaw gamit linksys dagahn na kaayo diri reklamo about ana nga brand

Network administrator

bay Myron..

Using two linksys of this model here. Found in its manual that it can sustain a certain degree celsius above 38 so I just put them anywhere I want without proper ventilation and the area where I put them is quite hot. So far the two are running smoothly for years already. I upgraded their firmware. Only the LED light indicators design I dont like for they are very tiny and unpredictable in a distance.

If you have a small network 10-15 PCs you can just use stattic IP coz i also experienced the same problem using the DHCP server of that linksys router sometimes it can not negotiate an IP address. You can still prevent access to internet of a certain PC by filtering the MAC address of the LAN. LAN MAC address is static.

these are all good suggestions...whew!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast