Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

@personalmgt
    True.. and that's a good reply, better than the others that are senseless and and very far from facts in the real life.
    To put it simply, we just can't demand right away for "good stuff" from a company. We are talking Programming and real programmers here, the truth in the real situations.

Elite Member
    Blog Entries
    @dodie

you're barking at the wrong tree as what personalmgt says about you and yes! I agree, that you're such a problematic over-acting person. I don't even seen a 286 PC with 8MB RAM its already a size of my harddisk that time and I barely bought a expansion card for another memory, I use my 5 1/4 high density disk as RAM DISK instead of buying new one. anyway, I didn't mind about it since I know what simon trying to deliver which unfortunately stupid showy person like you barks agressively.

Quote Originally Posted by dodie View Post
    Have you ever been in a company?
    fortunately yes, and they pay me good

You think the world is the same like in schools or learning in books?
    no... but its a part of the WORLD. not unless you tell us what planet you came from...

Do you know the different situations from different companies?
    stupid, dumb, gay employees? there are bunch of monkeys from a company who feed peanuts! (hope its not true!)

You're just seeing only the TIP of the devil's horn. It's not about technology. It's about business+technology. Programmers can't survive without clients or businessmen. Without technology there's no business. If there's no business, there would be no new technologies to create.
    what a small brain you got! back in old stone age, are they having business before technology? or do you really know what is TECHNOLOGY and what is BUSINESS! I don't want to explain further, surely you don't understand... but just in case you mama will taught you how to read english, please read carefully here Technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Technology controls,creates,affects business. and I don't think that there's no new technology if there are no business... coz eventually people hardly survive without TECHNOLOGY! and I'm glad to see the devil's horn, even only for a tip
    Last edited by MarkCuering; 10-21-2009 at 08:37 AM.

Elite Member
    Blog Entries
    @personalmgt
    True.. and that's a good reply, better than the others that are senseless and and very far from facts in the real life.
    To put it simply, we just can't demand right away for "good stuff" from a company. We are talking Programming and real programmers here, the truth in the real situations.
    great... I thought we are talking business and technology issues
    Last edited by MarkCuering; 10-21-2009 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by personalmgt View Post
    I think you're barking on the wrong tree, perhaps even over-acting. The point simon is referring to is how can you use your ultra leet skills while you expend on ultra outdated hardware. He mentions no thing about 3D Rocks and programming sucks.

His post is not that hard to understand, in fact I find it ironic why do you have your reply like that. Try to think what people will think of you when you post that way

But yeah I agree with your point that I only understand. Programmers were built and weathered to hard conditions. We are all built to comply in deadlines no matter how early they are, whether with bill of rights or none.
    Yepp... my point is that the hardware should match the job that we need to do. If our job requires us to make a 3D game engine, then we need a hardware that is capable of rendering 3D objects as well. Good luck with your 286 PC and 8MB of RAM!

The company that I am currently working right now requires us to compile entire operating systems every day, run multiple operating systems in virtual environments, and other stuff... I'm quite fortunate that they have provided us with the right hardware. Right now, there are 3 CPUs (amd64 + soekris) sitting in my desk, in addition to other boxes that I can access remotely. Access to these hardware makes my job more effective.

[ simon.cpu ]

@simoncpu
    I feel your compassion about 3D stuff. It's good that you have a job like that.

You know what..... NOT all programmers into 3D. In the thread states about the environment for programmers... which is not always about renderers or animators.

Programmers can be anything, like device programming, desktop application, algorithms, or data processing, which is not 3D by the way. Don't put the topic into your own 3D world.
    Last edited by dodie; 10-21-2009 at 12:44 PM.

Piti... hehehe! Dodieyo... Dodiebax... hehehe!

Up up2 tane nga thread..

up ta ni nga thread beh

I wanna have rule #1 hehehhe

Guys,

I'm not saying that Dodie's wrong...he may have some point though...

Just my own point of view (and this goes out to Dodie), let's have some COMMON SENSE here!

@Dodie: Yes it's true that a good programmer does not really need "high-end" computers to be a good one.
    But ponder on this, how would you become productive if your machine takes a week to compile or a month to debug? How would you meet deadlines when a snail is far more faster than your processor? I'm not being over-exaggerating here, and I hope you get my point.
    If you are used to being "unproductive" on your previous or current company, please be considerate to people WHO WISH TO BE NOT LIKE YOU.

Just a piece of advise: Don't be too showy bro, even the toughest metal is consumed by its own RUST.

Ciao guys and more power!
    -Mr. Yuso

11.    Advertisement

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast