Page 7 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by elars View Post
    Usually man sad gud mga reputable breeder they can assess as early as 8 weeks the pups that are show prospect and the pet ones. Their is a difference man gud between a show prospect pup from a show quality pup.
    indeed, cause the show prospect pups might turn out to be not a show quality dog. then, the puppy contract comes in handy. talk to your breeder regarding that concern and im pretty sure that reputable ethical breeders will not hesitate to replace you with a show quality one. but if you really wanted a show dog right then and there, my best advice would be to get a dog that is around 6-8 months already. with that, gamay nalang kau imu risks

naa ko concern... naa man gud uban nga lahi nga papers ang ihatag.. bisan ang dili purebreed dog ibaligya nila then ipadala ang papers sa purebreed dog.. naa bya mahitabo ani daghan kay naa man daghan mga unggoy nga breeders gone businessmen

mao na dili kaau ko ma engganyo anang papers2x.. kay among apas sa family is to have a pet that we love and who loves us back

Quote Originally Posted by francis21 View Post
    indeed, cause the show prospect pups might turn out to be not a show quality dog. then, the puppy contract comes in handy. talk to your breeder regarding that concern and im pretty sure that reputable ethical breeders will not hesitate to replace you with a show quality one. but if you really wanted a show dog right then and there, my best advice would be to get a dog that is around 6-8 months already. with that, gamay nalang kau imu risks
    Ingon ana ako kaila na breeder they will replace it to the next available litter usually after a yr pa.

yes sir, usually ingun ana dyud nah. kay ethical reputable breeders only have a few litters a year. usually,maximum of 3 litters a year ra nah cla sa ila kennel. naa sad uban na full money back minus the shipping expenses incured and ang uban if napa mahal nah sa dog kay i sell as pet quality and return the excess money paid. daghan man kau type of breeders gud. naay ethical breeder nah dili pa sikat or reputable kay just starting. naa sad reputable ethical. naa sad reputable but unethical and ang pinaka worst, puppy mills in which sir darsmiths concerns fall. common practice naman nah sa uban nah pa buhatan ra ug pedigree.

Quote Originally Posted by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40 View Post
    @ IRONWOOD ...

Basin naa ka ma share indepth jud or any istoryan na knoweldgeable enough regarding sa PRICING .
    This would be crucial to sellers since sila man ang naay concern ani .

- Why are females more expensive than males in the same litter ?
    - Is it supposed to be the male or should be just the same ?
    - Are pricing should be figured out during the weaning period ?

Regarding sa 3rd question , critical kaayo ni siya na stage gud ... breeders tend to price , sometimes overprice puppies based on the red and green marks it has passable by the parents , some even mag pricing na maski wala pa natao ang puppies hehehe .

Anyways , my point is , maski unsa ka bug-at ang parents or bloodline ... naay possibility na puro GARBAGE or REJECT ang puppies of that litter . The bloodline is only a factor , you should be paying for the QUALITY of the puppy but mao lage lisod i assess since ang lutas is 2 months but then some breeds wont have noticeable or obvious telltale signs na naay quality siya not till it reaches 6 months .

Now for thos knowledgeable enough also ... can you guys share to us which kani siya na issue pod is crucial for BUYERS .... how can BUYERS know that they are getting what they are paying for ? Any signs of the pups to look for in regard to drive andf temperament maski 2 months old and younger pa lang ? Pigmentation ? Body structure ? Etc .
    hi mod.. i might not be able to sufficiently answer this very good question but ill try nonetheless... whatever ill share, be guided tho that it is entirely based on my own preference.

pricing - sa ako na encounter so far sa mga breeders nga ako gikanegotiate, GENDER DOES NOT PLAY MUCH IN TERMS OF PRICING. big breeders have no issues whether baye ba na or lake... they give more emphasis on the QUALITY and FORM of the dog.. rather than its s.ex or gender. sa ako nabantayan, kanang mupresyo sa females more than males are, at best, backyard breeders, or at worst - puppy millers. because most of the times, these guys give more importance to BREEDING rather than SHOWING. thats where the difference lies.

sa 3rd question... yeah sahay kataw-anan kaayo to encounter sellers who hype how many reds (or greens) their puppies supposed to have... its as if, it will make a bearing on the conformation of the actual dog! LOL! reds/greens do not mean anything, most especially the QUALITY of your dog! let everyone be guided about it. WALAY BEARING NG MGA REDS OR GREEN MARKS SA PAPEL INTAWN! ayaw mo patonto ana sa ubang sellers... if you happen to encounter sellers saying "__# or reds to pass, etc etc" most probably that seller has no damn clue of what he is talking about! he's just HYPING his product. period.

as to pricing even before breeding or whelping... it depends bay. naa koy kailang breeder nga dili siya mag breed unless there are sufficient number of "reservations" sa iyang dogs... meaning, dili siya year-round breeder... his dogs are almost purely for showing... unya, if insistent na ang demands sa iya mga friends nga i-breed na kaning particular bitch to this particular dog, thats the time lang siya mu-breed. NOW, if however, the results are not up to expectations, he will not pursue the selling of the pups to the prospective buyers... the buyers will be refunded of their reservations.

there are some man pod, bag-o lang nanganak - FOR RESERVATION dayon LOLZ! klaro kaayo pahak hahhaha!

as to the last point... how can buyers be guarded nga they are not being short-changed sa transaction? aw, the BUYER must also be knowledgable of the kind of breed he is getting... murag mao na lang iya safeguard para dili mailad sa scrupulous sellers... the markings, pigmentations, body structures etc can easily be "assessed" if the buyer himself knows what he is buying. if pataka lang pod palit, aw mailad jud. sahay man gud tungod ato gusto dali2x magka-iro, palit ra ta que palit, kay ingon pa nila "dili bitaw ko mag show2x, para ra man ni pet nako".... yes tinuod na sa sinugdanan.. HOWEVER sa kadugayan man gud nato sa particular nga breed, believe me, magka upgrade jud imu appreciation sa quality sa imu breed... mao na later makaingon ka "gabasol ko, nasayop diay ko palit ani, mahal2x lang ko.. maypa kato na jud tinuod nga quality ako gikuha dah!"... this is true, it happened to me... and happened to most of the guys i know.

mao na everytime naa koy inquiry about my dogs, i always tell them, ayaw pagdali palit... learn the bred standards first while gatigum ka... kay dili bitaw mahutdan dogs sa kalibutan. lisud palit ka karon nya later on makarealize ka, bati diay ako napalit... libat diay, bakang diay, crooked diay ang topline, etc etc...
    Last edited by Ironwood_Cebu; 10-19-2010 at 09:13 AM.

additional sa pricing :

mao ng panagsa ra ka makakita ug breeder nga ga-depend ila price sa gender sa puppies kay most exhibitors pod PREFER males over females.. kay with males, no interruption sa showing kay dili man mag heat ang males... ang males dili pod maguba ang porma tungod sa panganak... dali pod mahimong stud (@ 10-12mos) pwede na mang maipahabal sa females (and without interrupting his show career)...

sa females, if one's emphasis is showing, hassle kaayo ang fems kay mag heat, manganak etc... nya if manganak, lisud pagpabalik sa iya old form...

@ FRANCIS21 and IRONWOOD ...

Tnx very muc sa inyong mga shared inputs . I am pretty sure daghan mga newbies and future pup owners maka benefit sa inyohang knowledge gi share and most of all , free information lang siya .

I agree on both of you !!
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by Ironwood_Cebu View Post
    additional sa pricing :

mao ng panagsa ra ka makakita ug breeder nga ga-depend ila price sa gender sa puppies kay most exhibitors pod PREFER males over females.. kay with males, no interruption sa showing kay dili man mag heat ang males... ang males dili pod maguba ang porma tungod sa panganak... dali pod mahimong stud (@ 10-12mos) pwede na mang maipahabal sa females (and without interrupting his show career)...

sa females, if one's emphasis is showing, hassle kaayo ang fems kay mag heat, manganak etc... nya if manganak, lisud pagpabalik sa iya old form...
    Nindot sad gyud ang males sir compare sa females but naa sad exemptions kay naa sad nice nga females nga murag male body structure except sa height. Mau gyud sir kay once mabreed na ang female mausab ila stucture. Sa ako kaila na breeder usually iya sa ipa HOF usa niya ibreed iya females. kay after manganak gud naa na changes sa ila structure

Nindot sad gyud ang males sir compare sa females but naa sad exemptions kay naa sad nice nga females nga murag male body structure except sa height. Mau gyud sir kay once mabreed na ang female mausab ila stucture. Sa ako kaila na breeder usually iya sa ipa HOF usa niya ibreed iya females. kay after manganak gud naa na changes sa ila structure
    mao ng for known breeders, their prices vary not much because of gender but more on because of conformation and quality.

Usually man sad gud mga experience breeder they can assess as early as 8 weeks the pups that are show prospect and the pet ones. Their is a difference man gud between a show prospect pup from a show quality pup.
    +1 to this..

11.    Advertisement

Page 7 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast