Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

do we really have this in CEBU? I mean the authentic blades. all I know are the imitation blade found mostly in colon.

i have a samurai sword decor, two blades, 3" and 4" long...(pwede nani pang self-defense,hehehe) coz its durable,strong enough to pierce a flesh......stainless steel and made in japan...here's the pics

with 5 peso coin

stand and stainless blade,with "japan" engrave

kanang sa mga mall? japanese man cguro na

Blog Entries
    i have some authentic blade but later nako e post... i bought it from japan

Default Good quality swords at a good price

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    anybody who has a collection? anybody who knows where to buy these things?

i want to collect
    You should check out Martial Arts Supplies - Karate Equipment - Taekwondo Gear for some good swords. Just go to Swords - Japanese Sword - Martial Arts Swords

If you are looking for a wall hanger (pang decoration only), you can find it in malls and you can buy one from geishasblade.com. Just tell them you want a wall hanger (it is much cheaper than a real sword). Not all swords from japan are the real deal. Many of the swords for sale there are called MOGITO (fake swords). These swords are not intended for martial arts display as they have been poorly constructed. Rat-tail tang profile, bolted hilt, some blades are stainless steel, some are aluminum, tsuka (handle) is plastic, virtually everything in a mogito is fake. If you try to sharpen it and cut stuff with it, 101% it will end in a disaster (with a 1%margin of error). Real deal Japanese swords or Nihonto are made from tamagahane and is really, really, really expensive. the cheapest nihonto sells for .5M php not including the taxes you have to pay.

The closest to the real stuff that sells for a more reasonable price is sold at Geisha's Blade. Anyway, without proper training, DO NOT CUT STUFF WITH A KATANA. There are also practice swords (though not sharp) that is called an iaito. Same construction as a live katana but unsharpened so that when you make mistakes, you don't cut yourself.

I remember this fake kenjutsu teacher before. They were "demonstrating" to an audience how to cut with a japanese sword. The fake sensei draws out the sword and makes frenzied slashes at a banana trunk (he thought he was kenshin or goemon ishikawa), then sheaths the sword. now the sheath is no longer in the proper position thus the blade cannot be resheathed. instead of stopping there and checking the scabbard, the fake sensei rammed and forced the blade (it was a fully sharpened blade) down to the scabbard. His "student" (actually a victim of his sham) replaced the banana trunk. He then proceeded to draw again the sword, this time, it won't come out. he pulled and pulled hard but still it won't come off. He became so embarrassed in front of the crowd, so he gathered all his "samurai" strength and pulled really hard. He finally was able to draw the sword, cut his banana trunk, cut his scabbard, and CUT HIS OWN THUMB OFF. That's right, he cut his own thumb off, cried in dear pain, called for an ambulance, and fainted bleeding profusely. Moral lesson: if you're not meant to do it, don't do it.

The second incident involving the SAME "sensei" in another demonstration, this time at a mall. He placed an apple on his poor shivering student, drew out his sword, proceeded to raito stance, and cut the apple along with the student's forehead. Yup folks, this time it is his STUDENT'S FOREHEAD. The sword went through the apple like hot knife through butter and stopped on his student's chopping board-like forehead who was now lying on the floor, bleeding profusely, to the horror of the mall goers.

^asa ni nahitabo boss tenchu? diri cebu?

everything happened here in cebu. way back 2003-2006... me, my sempai, and sensei who were watching it all happen tried so hard not to laugh (to see someone bleeding is not a laughing matter). We were sincerely concerned on the injuries they sustained.

Blog Entries
    I found one in one of the Japanese surplus shops here in Cebu, they're selling it for 8k , it;s not the authentic one though, but looks like the real one, kuwang ra sa ba-id

just be careful. not all swords that came from japan are useable for martial arts practice. hell, they become dangerous if sharpened and may cause injury or death. If you found it unsharpened, let it be. it was created not sharp for a purpose. Chances are, 70% what you found is a mogito, or wall decor sword where the blade is made of cheap cast iron,not full tang, lots of synthetic parts. 29.9% it is a iaito for Iaido practice where the blade is solid iron/ aluminum alloy, full tang, blade thinner than a full katana, certainly not meant for cutting as it would break if subjected to impact. .1% it could be real. but then again, there are lots of fake stuff. the fact that it is unsharpened is already a red flag.

11.    Advertisement

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast