Page 68 of 153 FirstFirst ... 586566676869707178 ... LastLast

finding a copy mode pa but I don't mind waiting.

naa mo baligya games? plz txt 09228541557. salamat!

Yes nkapalit njd kog vita.aus kau ky instant 5 gmes sa ps plus.wa jd ko mgbasol nga nisubscribe ko.. Mra rko garent gmes for a year

guys ga libog ko unsa ako paliton vita OLED or kani new LCD slim model....

OLED is superior in clarity but prone to "ghosting" permanently on the Vita. Don't take my word for it. Black Screen smudges or ghosting OLED - PlayStation Vita Message Board for PlayStation Vita - GameFAQs

The fact is that Sony did an "update" on the Vita is because:

1. ghosting is a normal; its a standard manufactured "defect". Although not all Vita user's had black screen smudges, mind you it does not affect game play but is only visible during dark games. In order to avoid this Sony, decided to switch to LCD.

2. OLED are expensive to manufacture as opposed to LCD. Sony might be accused of short changing PSP Vita Slim buyers as manufacturing cost made the unit cheaper to produce but is selling it higher than the PSV.

3. Switching to LCD greatly decreases the power consumption of the screen by 1hour.

either Slim or PSV, you will end up amused and don't forget to get PERSONA4: Golden. It's the only game for Vita that made me invest 150+ hours.

Thank you, for taking the time to ask and I hope this may help you in your decision to embrace the PSN community.
    Last edited by mraljoriz; 12-09-2013 at 06:30 AM.

I wonder why the OLED PSvita is cheaper here in the Philippines. In Japan, the new PSvita Slim is only around 8k and the OLED PSvita is around 10k. Dire sa atoa kay bali. Mas barato ang new compared sa old.

OLED is better than LCD, trust me. And the one hour extra battery life is negligible. I've tried both. Its my own opinion though.

Anyone know where I can have my Vita serviced? I'm kind of concerned that the battery life degraded (Likely not, but still would like to know for future reference), so I just wanted to know if there is any place that can service the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by john_zealot View Post
    I wonder why the OLED PSvita is cheaper here in the Philippines. In Japan, the new PSvita Slim is only around 8k and the OLED PSvita is around 10k. Dire sa atoa kay bali. Mas barato ang new compared sa old.

OLED is better than LCD, trust me. And the one hour extra battery life is negligible. I've tried both. Its my own opinion though.
    I totally agree. I prefer OLED even without the extra hour. I know many have had issues about Ghosting effect but not all unit have that problem. Lucky for me i dont have that problem. If Sony only took "careful" mass production of the OLED screens instead of rushing thing so that they can market the Vita right away, im pretty sure they wouldnt have reverted back to LCD. Like some say (even me) that reverting back to LCD is a hardware downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxal Eternitum View Post
    Anyone know where I can have my Vita serviced? I'm kind of concerned that the battery life degraded (Likely not, but still would like to know for future reference), so I just wanted to know if there is any place that can service the thing.
    I had a problem with my very 1st vita that i bought january 2012. The issue was the camera was not properly working. Most of the time it would hang. I tried bringing it to a Sony Service Center i think it was located in Jones. The employees and even the supervisor had no clue what a Vita is, even when I showed then literally what a Vita is. Sad to say they work for Sony but poorly informed on what new Sony hardware releases are available. They couldnt do anything for me cause they said the Vita is not yet familiar to them or have the knowledge to repair or where to send the unit for repairs. Unbelievable!! Thats all I can say but that was almost 2 yrs ago. So i dont know about now.

I dont know where you got your Vita but if its from iTech, i tried bringing my Vita to them as well since it still had store warranty. They wanted me to leave my Vita so that they can send it to one of their technicians in manila to look at it and would take 4-6 weeks. REALLY? **** that! If Sony couldnt even offer to send my Vita to a qualified technician whether it be here in Pinas or abroad, what would make me give my Vita to non qualified tech who has less or no knowledge to do Trial & Error.

I used to live in the states. Warrantees there means a guaranteed replacement of an item that becomes disfunctional due to a hardware/software defect not unless you personally did something to it then thats a different story. I mean i was there at iTech with the Vita and they can see for themselves along with the management the defects of the functions of the front and back camera and yet they cant offer to give a replacement even if the unit was still in warranty. Sorry for the long story but WARRANTY here in Pinas is pure bullshit in this country.

If you got your Vita thru a non store purchase, just try the Sony Service center. Its been 2yrs since the Vita has been around so by this time they should have answers. If you wanna try and work out your battery problems on your own, there are batteries for the Vita being sold on Sulit.com.ph taken out from other units. But thats your risk just remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxal Eternitum View Post
    PSV battery are very user replaceable. The image was taken from Kotaku.com, and the same appears in the manual for my asian PSV.

They are easy as removing 7 screws, gently lift the back compartment and use a tweezer to pull the battery connectors. now the only problem is finding those battery replacements. Maybe you can order one online and replace it yourself. The above picture is for PSV but the same instruction can be found on the new PSV JPN manual (in case you were reading the PSV original manual? yes that one is also included in it.)
    Last edited by mraljoriz; 12-10-2013 at 06:38 AM.

well, you could do the above steps... but it voids your warranty.
    Last edited by john_zealot; 12-10-2013 at 05:50 PM.

11.    Advertisement