Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Nice tips ... daghan ko nakat-unan . Keep it coming guys ... kadtong naay knowledge na related ani , share it here !!
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

I just learn this from my mentors regarding breeding,grooming and proper conditioning. Mau na ingon ko better gyud u will have a mentor on a certain breed kay they know best and they can give informations regarding the breed standards

Quote Originally Posted by jepoi27 View Post
    share lng pd ko ah? nindot au inyo mga ge share gd.. with regards sa pets nga with papers or without.. price wise mas mahal jd kasagaran with papers but does it matter jd ba? bag o lng ko ngpalit jd og dog gd and nkahbw anang papers2... pra nko dli ra kaau.. for the quality lng ky mkuha mn cguro nah nmo bsag wly papers bsta sakto pg gam, sakto age sa pgbreed sa dam or sire, pgcare, vet check for health and readiness sa pet pra mgbreed, etc2x.. other people tend to spend to much sa ilang dogs ky lge mahal pgkapalit and sayang dw ang quality sa pup.. how about sa barato lng pgkapalit? d nlng kaau gastoan? tagaan nlng sub standard food and place to stay pra naa lng bnty sa gate? then kng kaabot na sa 9mons or unsa nah edad and "pra nla full physical growth" ky breed na dyon". for me, i own a pup nga wly papers pero d tungod sa dli ko kaabot sa budget, knah ky gnhn ko nga naa ko spare money to cater the need of my pup.. ahaton nmo nga moana ka tiguman jd ko nah ky d pa kya sa budget nko ron.. then imng budget taman lng sa pgpalit.. wla ky spare pra emergencies.. dli inOA pero i treat my pup as my own sibling.. my girlfriend tends to be jealous na gane because of the time and attention nga akng nhatag sa akng binuhi... pero i wanted and need to do that... it is not my job but it is my responsibility to take care of the pet i bought/own ky naa japon nah kinabuhi gd.. this goes to the breeders, sellers and to those who are planning to own pets...

wew.. add lng ko sunod npd ky wla na naorganize akng utok sa ktaas.. correct me if i'm wrong lng..
    sakto ayo ka! if you adopt or buy a dog dapat you are ready sa tanan expenses and sa resposibility that goes with it.

@ IRONWOOD ...

Basin naa ka ma share indepth jud or any istoryan na knoweldgeable enough regarding sa PRICING .
    This would be crucial to sellers since sila man ang naay concern ani .

- Why are females more expensive than males in the same litter ?
    - Is it supposed to be the male or should be just the same ?
    - Are pricing should be figured out during the weaning period ?

Regarding sa 3rd question , critical kaayo ni siya na stage gud ... breeders tend to price , sometimes overprice puppies based on the red and green marks it has passable by the parents , some even mag pricing na maski wala pa natao ang puppies hehehe .

Anyways , my point is , maski unsa ka bug-at ang parents or bloodline ... naay possibility na puro GARBAGE or REJECT ang puppies of that litter . The bloodline is only a factor , you should be paying for the QUALITY of the puppy but mao lage lisod i assess since ang lutas is 2 months but then some breeds wont have noticeable or obvious telltale signs na naay quality siya not till it reaches 6 months .

Now for thos knowledgeable enough also ... can you guys share to us which kani siya na issue pod is crucial for BUYERS .... how can BUYERS know that they are getting what they are paying for ? Any signs of the pups to look for in regard to drive andf temperament maski 2 months old and younger pa lang ? Pigmentation ? Body structure ? Etc .
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by jepoi27 View Post
    share lng pd ko ah? nindot au inyo mga ge share gd.. with regards sa pets nga with papers or without.. price wise mas mahal jd kasagaran with papers but does it matter jd ba? bag o lng ko ngpalit jd og dog gd and nkahbw anang papers2... pra nko dli ra kaau.. for the quality lng ky mkuha mn cguro nah nmo bsag wly papers bsta sakto pg gam, sakto age sa pgbreed sa dam or sire, pgcare, vet check for health and readiness sa pet pra mgbreed, etc2x.. other people tend to spend to much sa ilang dogs ky lge mahal pgkapalit and sayang dw ang quality sa pup.. how about sa barato lng pgkapalit? d nlng kaau gastoan? tagaan nlng sub standard food and place to stay pra naa lng bnty sa gate? then kng kaabot na sa 9mons or unsa nah edad and "pra nla full physical growth" ky breed na dyon". for me, i own a pup nga wly papers pero d tungod sa dli ko kaabot sa budget, knah ky gnhn ko nga naa ko spare money to cater the need of my pup.. ahaton nmo nga moana ka tiguman jd ko nah ky d pa kya sa budget nko ron.. then imng budget taman lng sa pgpalit.. wla ky spare pra emergencies.. dli inOA pero i treat my pup as my own sibling.. my girlfriend tends to be jealous na gane because of the time and attention nga akng nhatag sa akng binuhi... pero i wanted and need to do that... it is not my job but it is my responsibility to take care of the pet i bought/own ky naa japon nah kinabuhi gd.. this goes to the breeders, sellers and to those who are planning to own pets...

wew.. add lng ko sunod npd ky wla na naorganize akng utok sa ktaas.. correct me if i'm wrong lng..
    yes sir for me papers matters alot authenticity man gyd na sa imu dogs kng tao pa birth certificate like u are assured nga pure breed gyd imu dog. with out it no way to prove where ur dogs came from mu ana pa ka ug pure breed ni people can think an will think twice sa imu dog. but while u have the papers no QUESTION asked dyn. no one would say nga mixbreed ni? wen u have the papers to show ^^

na a man gyd daghan mga tao nga hilig ayo mu mix breed^^ i dont knw y or kng ge plan ba na nla but they do it .. personally kta gyd ko ug mga dogs like super cute and super nice. let say kad2 sibe ge mix ug spitz. it was so cute. imagine a sibe nga gamay. when i asked ni ana cya nga "pure ni bai". ako ni hilum lng ko. then i asked how old nani. he the answered "1yr" hehehhe nya teacup size daw hahahhaha. i mean nothing is wrong man sa crossbreeds and dogs with out papers. but if QUALITY and standards na gyd imu ge apas.
    i strongly advice buy dogs with papers.^^

ako lng pud sa super sayangan ko ug mga dogs with pedigree nya e mix nila to other dogs. like y? destroy somthing nga so beautiful and took aegis to improve and developed ^^ hehehehe

happy dog keeping everyone ^^

Quote Originally Posted by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40 View Post
    @ IRONWOOD ...

Basin naa ka ma share indepth jud or any istoryan na knoweldgeable enough regarding sa PRICING .

Regarding sa 3rd question , critical kaayo ni siya na stage gud ... breeders tend to price , sometimes overprice puppies based on the red and green marks it has passable by the parents , some even mag pricing na maski wala pa natao ang puppies hehehe .

Anyways , my point is , maski unsa ka bug-at ang parents or bloodline ... naay possibility na puro GARBAGE or REJECT ang puppies of that litter . The bloodline is only a factor , you should be paying for the QUALITY of the puppy but mao lage lisod i assess since ang lutas is 2 months but then some breeds wont have noticeable or obvious telltale signs na naay quality siya not till it reaches 6 months .

Now for thos knowledgeable enough also ... can you guys share to us which kani siya na issue pod is crucial for BUYERS .... how can BUYERS know that they are getting what they are paying for ? Any signs of the pups to look for in regard to drive andf temperament maski 2 months old and younger pa lang ? Pigmentation ? Body structure ? Etc .

sa ako lng na experience. "quality breeder" gyd ni cya i met her in the net rapud^^ she shows and sells akitas. ang dam niya kay few points missing na lng para ma grand champion ^^ nways going back iya rule is mu release cya ug pup if they are 8months old ra gyd. never younger. i was amazed kay iya price cheap ra ka ayo mu range ug 7-12k ang pups regardless of ***. but iya pud nang rule nga all pups released are spayed and neutered. iya reason para ma control niya ang iya line^^ then she realeses the pups @ 8months so people could really see ang quality sa iya pups ^^

"how can BUYERS know that they are getting what they are paying for ? Any signs of the pups to look for in regard to drive andf temperament maski 2 months old and younger pa lang ? Pigmentation ? Body structure ?"

ang ako lng u can compare the pup to its siblings ^^ and its my rule lng pud before i buy a pup dapat maka kta ko sa dam and sire so u would have a slight idea how they would look like in the years to come ^^ cuz puppies at 2 months are ALWAYS cute and cuddly man gyd ^^

That is nice of her selling quality pups at a cheap price but it will turn out na selfish siya because if its not NEUTERED , it is SPAYED .

Some breeders needs to know that for a dog , its a 50/50 chance of becoming a topdog . Not all dogs has these " qualities " because they need to acquire it from the owner/handler and instill it to them . Dogs dont become CHAMPIONS , GRAND CHAMPIONS , HALL OF FAMERS etc because of their bloodlines or was born to become one but of proper training and skill development .

The moment you have a dog that cant teproduce anymore is no more or no less just a PET QUALITY DOG . Well ... hope she doesnt venture to other breeds and sakto na ang SIBES ... poor SIBES by the way .

Now ... I get the point of controling the line but in the case of her being scared na ma abuso ang lines pod , it is a different story . She should sell it also to RESPONSIBLE OWNERS . Balik2 na lines pod will definitely stop pod i the future kay ga balik2 na man lang ang sire and dam .

Buying a QUALITY DOG that is SPAYED or NEUTERED is basically buying something precious na DAMAGED GOOD siya .

Quote Originally Posted by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40 View Post
    @ IRONWOOD ...

let me share my inputs regarding your questions sir springfield;

1. usually, females are priced higher than males because of the possibility of breeding her. though not all females are breedable as this will depend on the quality of the female. remember, the primary reason for breeding should always be for the improvement of the breed.
    2. it depends on the quality of the pup may it be a male or the female but usually, females with very good potential are usually price higher than a male that has very good potential also because of the reason i shared in point 1.
    3. experienced breeders can actually put up a price on the pups as early as 6-8 weeks because they can usually compare their previous litter to the current ones. it may not be of the same sire but the dam usually gives around 60 percent of the genes to the litter.

with regards to the red and green marks. for me, they are just a guide. they are not an assurance on the quality of the litter since even HOF dogs produce pet quality litters. my advice would be to study the pedigree, who's in the red and green marks and study what those dogs have produced and what their progenies have done so far in the show or working ring or whatever your preference would be. you can always ask the breeder these type of questions and you can also ask them why he chose that stud to her dam and what points does he want to improve to her dam. what does he expect from the litter.

my final point is, before you pay for a dog or a pup, make your intentions clear to the seller as what you wanted for a pup. if you want show quality pups, then expect to pay a higher price and in return, you should expect a full contract or a guarantee from the seller that in case the pup turns out to be a pet quality one, a full refund or a replacement pup shall be put into place after assessment of the pup by both parties. this is because some show stopping dogs are put to waste because of improper care and handling. always follow the breeder recommendations especially on the diet and weight management coz most of us tend to want a chubby and huggable pup and this has a major effect on their feet and pasterns latter on in life.

Usually man sad gud mga experience breeder they can assess as early as 8 weeks the pups that are show prospect and the pet ones. Their is a difference man gud between a show prospect pup from a show quality pup.
    Last edited by elars; 10-19-2010 at 08:02 AM.

as for temperament and drives, @ 6weeks old., you can already see the tell tale signs of a pup. some pups are very outgoing and adventurous while others are laid back. as ive said in my previous post, always make your intentions clear to breeder seller as what you want for in a pup coz if you would want drivey dogs, the best option would be to get those adventurous, outgoing pups. those that do not shy away from unfamiliar sound and environment. a sound from a whistle or a key might help in choosing those pup.

my guiding principle in choosing a potential pup is that an 8 week old pup is the miniature look of what it will become as an adult when it comes to structure. have a picture in mind of the standard of the breed of pup you want and compare it to the pup. always check the dentition, movement of the pup before you pick it up. and before you leave with your pup, dont forget to bring along with you as you leave the pups pedigree, vaccination card and puppy contract/ agreement. usually, code of ethics breeders give around 15-30 days health guarantee that the pup is free from potential deadly viruses. so there you go, ive shared the best that i have in my short memory and happy hunting for your dream pup.

11.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast