Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

I remembered when my group got stranded in Mt. Pangasugan in August 1992, I was the one who stood out from them. My gears were outdated and heavy; my shoes and backpack were mere improvisations and patched up things. I didn't know, at that time, I was practicing bushcraft. I walked on the trail as if I am familiar with the terrain although it's my first time there. Believe me Pangasugan is ruthless terrain. I do many short-cuts along thick jungle leaving me bleeding in the arms. On the second night I slept alone. At dusk and at dawn the jungle became alive with nocturnal creatures. One wild pig left its mark on the ground beside me. I used common sense all the time that benefit the group's survival. Read my story of my adventure in Mt. Pangasugan.

These are the adventures I really want to experience , something that is not scripted ... things that just happens and you are on your own deciding what to do to make it . Well of course with the pack .
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

@apache: i am running out of adjectives to describe what it is like to be alone at night deep in an unfamiliar place much less a jungle. i have read and re-read burnham's book in my childhood and i imagined what must have been in the wilds of africa in his time. honestly, i was able to sleep only because my physical body succumbed to fatigue. but you hear all kinds of sounds and the weary mind plays tricks as well. to say that the first dim rays of sunrise was a very welcome sight is an understatement.

Day hike and nature appreciation this Sunday, March 28, 2010. Itinerary here.

so how about it guys? do we set up a dinner or lunch or something so we can get together?.... or how about even better something out in the field? what do you guys think?

I think it will be a fine day on Sunday to seriously discuss of this thread's course. Hopefully it will.

I suggest mag meet sa ta informally like in a public place , coffee shop or dinner where we can also talk about the whole 9 yards and we can also bring along interested parties .
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Whatever the outcome of this Sunday's event, if all bonded well, we could initiate an informal discussion and keep you updated. Anyways, we could schedule another gathering as what you suggested. It will take several small flashes of flame to catch fire on dry tinder.

Quote Originally Posted by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40 View Post
    I suggest mag meet sa ta informally like in a public place , coffee shop or dinner where we can also talk about the whole 9 yards and we can also bring along interested parties .
    think this is a viable idea, because not everyone is sure that they will be able to join on Sunday. it will be an avenue to brief the people as to what to expect with the trek

Quote Originally Posted by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40 View Post
    Well, maybe after the event. On Sunday. I don't know a place. Can you have some places in mind?

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast