Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nokia PureView 808, an insanely 41-Megapixel Camera

Quote Originally Posted by CarlzacX View Post
    It should be the type of sensor used in the camera that determines the quality of the pictures not the number of megapixels it can produce. Megapixel only determines the size of the picture not the quality.

To make it clear and understandable.

the higher the sensor in the camera the better the picture
    the higher the megapixel in the camera the bigger the picture

so far daghan kaayo mailad anang megapixel na mo determine sa quality sa picture ai...

i don't know the type of sensor used in this phone but it should not be greater than the ones used in hi-end dslr's...
    thanks for the info, but how do we know the sensor of the CP?. . pila dapat ang numbers ana? . .

Quote Originally Posted by inc-pankz View Post
    thanks for the info, but how do we know the sensor of the CP?. . pila dapat ang numbers ana? . .
    Recent phones got image sensors like Sony's Xperia S with Exmor-R on 12MP and katong sa HTC nga Image Sense on 8MP...di ko sure sa latter.

whatever the sensors maybe the important thing is final output of the images, capability to shoot in low light cinditions and top of its handy or portable w/ a phone. again this thing is not to replace or compare to any dslr, but for those who love to take a nice pics or videos to the web...

n8 and n808 so far has the biggest sensor as far as smart/camera phone is concern, i ditched my canon ixus point and shoot cam because of n8 and im planning to give up my nikon dslr for n808, but i agree on almost everyone here, it cannot replace our DSLRs.
    Last edited by flipee; 03-02-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: textspeak

Quote Originally Posted by CarlzacX View Post
    It should be the type of sensor used in the camera that determines the quality of the pictures not the number of megapixels it can produce. Megapixel only determines the size of the picture not the quality.

To make it clear and understandable.

the higher the sensor in the camera the better the picture
    the higher the megapixel in the camera the bigger the picture

so far daghan kaayo mailad anang megapixel na mo determine sa quality sa picture ai...

i don't know the type of sensor used in this phone but it should not be greater than the ones used in hi-end dslr's...
    Agree at some point but not totally:

It's not how high the megapixel but HOW they use those megapixels... Shooting a scene and print it on an A4 size paper? A 5MP shooter can do it... BUT... printing a scene on an A4 size paper from a far away ZOOMED scene? This is where those extra megapixels come in to save the day... they have those several extra megapixels to become ONE super pixel to fill in the picture.. thus, creating a TRUE VIEW of that image as if you are within the capable TRUE VIEWING range of a 5MP shooter without the noise as a result of ZOOMING.

We know what you're saying are the facts and NOKIA supported that facts/myths about megapixels and picture quality. Nokie found a way around it using this quantum leap technology... So however you ZOOM your camera... you still got those extra megapixels to fill in the gap.

Sometimes.. reading comprehension is a helpful tool when fully developed to avoid miscommunication which leads to prejudice. Stock knowledge and long held beliefs can get obsolete and may be blinding at times. I'm not a Nokia fan but I must give credit to them for setting up the bar a bit higher than they already did on N8 in terms of phone imagery. And it's just plain stupidity to compare camera phones to DSLR's... I just can't see the point. Can you?

Olympus calls Nokia 41MP Cameraphone- Nonsense!

Olympus: Nokia 41MP cameraphone 'nonsense' | News | TechRadar

my browser crashed because of that very large image.

..when this article got published sa engadget and gsmarena,..until right now, di pako maka get over sa tech nokia is putting on this phone..the N8 was impressive for a time, still have it after Anna, now nag-Belle nako..still good gihapon, though dying na OS.
    808 will be the last symbian phone to be released..daw! But then again, its a big a** cam sensor for a phone, twice as big than the N8 and twice brighter iya xenon flash pa gyud..will wait na lang sa official review ani..this is also on my "future gadget list" as well..

hmmm. . cgro mao nani last shot nila, maytag naay Demo phone ani, para mak try tah!. . i wanna try Lumia too!

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast