Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Which is better older bands in Cebu or the New ones

grabe old school na oh nabuking na mga edad hehehehehe kanang philcite naka tukar ba sila sodom dha? hehehe

Ezra...

Kudos! :mrgreen: Can't wait to hear it bai...

Zoinks...

Old School! payter...

wala gyud tawn ko ka-abot ani... 7-8 years old ko ani na mga time. hahay... i'm glad though that i got to meet and know some of the guys who was rockin out the scene during those days.

kudos!

Unsay email nimo bai.. akong i email ang file

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

ezra ... ako pud beh. gai ko pls

ganahan pud unta ko atong Maximum@Zero katong "you are my life... you are my soul" na kanta.
    unsaun nawagtang naman gud tong akong gpangrecord sa Y1o1 sa una.

Nindut pud tong LOCAL GROUND na tshirt dah. kinsa naa ? hehe

Private message lang nya inyong mga emails para ma usa nakong padala

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

Oi, murag dili ko familiar sa mga old bands before nga nisikat diri cebu..Can anyone post some names of the band that used to reign in cebu..

there are also a lot of new bands that are actually gud man sad oi ...

sakto ka pero nindot japon ang older bands.. mga tukar ron mao2x ra og TOno og guitar riffs..
    PA-Et

one thing i can say about the older bands/artists is that they lacked the support of the industry (i.e. record labels, good producers). they had the fanbase, but how many of these bands/artists were able to realese a full length album? not a lot. i think that the bands themselves are partly to blame. while some had a few original songs, most of them relied heavily on covers.

take for example BTU (Beyond The Unknown). how many originals do they have? two (With You & Coat Of Love). they fill their set with G'nR songs, belt out a power ballad or two, sing their two original ballads, girls scream, have everybody sing along, then thats it.

how about 40 The Band? they had a few originals (good ones at that), but they never had an album. they relied heavily on The Cure and other new wave covers. I can still remember their days at Shakeys Pizza

and who can remember Joselito "ETU" Hermosilla? he had some nice songs (Fading Out on Distance was a fave). i remember talking to him, and he was complaining about lack of support, and that he was looking for a producer (he was also talking about forming a band that would be as good looking as The Dawn). he eventually released a solo album, but only like 4 or 5 years after his first song aired over Y101. too late.

same goes for other bands at the time. a hit or two and all the rest were covers. some ended producing their own albums, but production and quality were mediocre at best.

while Y101 can take credit for airing their songs and starting the movement, their exclusivity also contributed to the problem, and hurt the bands in the long run. these bands were never exposed to the "massa" since only y101 aired them. FYI, this was way before DYRT suddenly became "alternative" and NU107 (which was already a rock station in Manila) decided to expirement with jazz during their test broadcast in Cebu. seriouslly, when did Y101 became number 1 in cebu? Y101 have always catered to an exclusive audience, and this was not "massa" (something they were proud of to the point of being arrogant).

sadly, most of these bands died. well, maybe somebody can start a "Where are they now?" thread.

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast