Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

@noy because he thinks it's enough to read the bible from cover to cover.

Quote Originally Posted by noy View Post
    yep i googled and found lots of counter interpretations..though i don't agree and believe in some if not most of them as well but they are far more better and logical(no pun intended, just my opinion) than yours. you're interpreting the verses out of context which then makes them misleading and shallow. i'm not arguing with you TS ha, i'm just giving my opinion.
    and also if you're really not trying to engage in arguments from theists or win over agnostics and struggling theists, you may wanna loose the asshole attitude..
    as a self-professed former bible apologetic, for sure you know that faith is personal. so god, the bible and the whole parade is personal for theists and you're trashing it right in their faces. now does your conscience permit that too?
    'cause if you turn out to become an asshole after you've embraced atheism then with all due resepect let me tell you right now TS, atheism doesn't suit you.
    The thread really warned that theists stay away, so I'm not thrashing it in their faces. Rather, they slab it across their face themselves if they continue to read. I have used that out of context argument before myself, it really just another way of bending interpretation towards God. Faith and the whole package of religion/cult are personal but they have an effect towards culture, legislation thereby affecting not only theists but as well as non theists. My conscience is clear in doing this, I have a warning. Don't like what you are reading then just ignore that thread. Sorry you think I have an asshole attitude, hope you keep a rain check on that on other theists as well. Okay, I guess you're done with the thread.

PS: Just get rid of this "atheism doesnt suit you" crap, how hard can atheism be afterall? It's the absence of belief. You are an atheist in regards to all other Gods except yours, right? Because somehow you won the lottery on believing the right God. There's nothing to discuss further from this point.
    Last edited by emow; 01-11-2018 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raissah View Post
    @noy because he thinks it's enough to read the bible from cover to cover.
    have you? yikes, i think someone mustve missed how women are supposed to act according to your beloved book. Dont worry, I'll post some of it soon.

5. 1 TIMOTHY 2:11-15

11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[b] she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Interpretations/Comments:

This is just one of the many verses in the bible degrading the status of women as equals to men. If the Bible was to be the law of the land, I fear for the welfare of women. No wonder the generation of yesteryears were so abusive towards women, it seems that they had divine consent. Theists might say this is out of context interpretation, but it is as clear as written in their respective bibles. The Bible and the Qur'an have similar attitude towards women, the muslims are more "faithful" to their "holy book" than most Christians but Christian women welfare are far better than those of the muslims. Modern Christianity simply ignore these verses and just thrown into that imaginary trash can called "Out of Context" and never revisit to interpret it. Seems to work for the better. This verse is clearly anti-women, amen?

looya na manlang jud aning tawhana... mao ra ni KUNOHAY atheist nga naga interpret ug bible.

As much as you believe you are, I'm sorry to burst your bubble but you my friend are not an Atheist. You claim to have read the bible from cover to cover but haven't learned a thing. Obviously, you were just reading it for the sake of finishing a book. Unfortunately, the bible isn't your typical Sweet Valley High. Try reading it again... and this time try to ask a scholar or someone who've studied the bible and history and I bet you you'll be humbled.

And since there isn't anyone responding to your thread other than people getting offended, I guess it's time to close this thread.
    Last edited by raissah; 01-11-2018 at 05:06 AM.

Atheist ka TS. Paghilom diha oi.... klaro kaayo ka nga na belong ka sa mga di-tiyak......

looya na manlang jud aning tawhana... mao ra ni KUNOHAY atheist nga naga interpret ug bible.

As much as you believe you are, I'm sorry to burst your bubble but you my friend are not an Atheist. You claim to have read the bible from cover to cover but haven't learned a thing. Obviously, you were just reading it for the sake of finishing a book. Unfortunately, the bible isn't your typical Sweet Valley High. Try reading it again... and this time try to ask a scholar or someone who've studied the bible and history and I bet you you'll be humbled.

And since there isn't anyone responding to your thread other than people getting offended, I guess it's time to close this thread.
    You can stay away so you can't be offended. Clearly it says theists not welcome. I guess there are masochists among you, but that is your fault. You can just opt to other oh Lord oh Lord threads and share whatever you want to share. I'm not initiating any hostilities towards anyone. Merely posting Bible verses with my commentaries, it is just a book anyways. The last time I talked with the scholar he didn't want to entertain my questions, just generic Christian cliches. Why would anyone be offended anyway? Are people really that onion skinned? Am I making up Bible verses to discredit the Bible? Nope. You may disagree with my comments, so be it move on. This is not for you. Make your own interpretation, or make your own Bible thread with your interpretation. You won't find me there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RayGunz View Post
    Atheist ka TS. Paghilom diha oi.... klaro kaayo ka nga na belong ka sa mga di-tiyak......
    So you are using gay as an insult here? So very Christian of you. See, being a theist doesn't make one decent.

Oi ayaw mo ana. Gusto ni TS mag bible sharing ta dre.. yepei...

Numbers 14:11

The LORD said to Moses, "How long will this people spurn Me? And how long will they not believe in Me, despite all the signs which I have performed in their midst?

Oi ayaw mo ana. Gusto ni TS mag bible sharing ta dre.. yepei...

Numbers 14:11

The LORD said to Moses, "How long will this people spurn Me? And how long will they not believe in Me, despite all the signs which I have performed in their midst?

You can create your own thread and post Bible verses. Trolling is unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by emow View Post
    You can create your own thread and post Bible verses. Trolling is unnecessary.
    hala nganu mag boot man kag mo comment ko nga according to your thread title "The unpopular Bible Verses (no arguments, just read!) Theists not welcomed unless you havent read the whole bible.

We'll I've read it probably more than you have. I have studied it. I have shared and discussed with fellow Christians and non-Christians alike. So I am welcome here... Actually, all istoryans whether theist or atheist are welcome here. This may be your thread but surely istorya.net isn't owned by you.

Also, as a CIA, I'm assuming you've read the rules. Rule number 2 clearly states "Posts should be composed in such a manner that respects persons of all races, religions, cultures, and sexualities." Do you think your thread respects the Christians and our belief?

Anyway, I will be sharing bible verses that for me is unpopular. Mao man na imo gusto diba?

2 Corinthians 4:4

in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast