View Poll Results: Due to Escalating Snatching and Hold-Ups in the Cities of Cebu, Motorcyle Users Must have NO Back Ri

Voters
285. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree?

57 20.00%
  • Disagree?

228 80.00%
Page 3 of 132 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Rule on Motorcycle Users: NO Back Riders

Quote Originally Posted by rey04
    so that means pwede ra diay walay helmet basta stdy kay a safety course bai, right? some state ra that covers that helmet law and ang uban is only applicable within the first year of riding and after that wala na. some state also naay age limit, di ba? sa laktod pagkasulti "RESPONSIBLE MOTORCYCLE DRIVING" ang ilang ginapa implement sa mga drivers. ang problema sa drivers nato dire is they are iresponsible. daghan ko kita driver motor dire puno sa hambog, paturatoy lang ug dagan kay drag2x kuno inig ka disgrasya, aw kamo nalang ang sumpay.
    helmet laws in the state of Pennsylvania:

"(a) Protective headgear.--Except as provided in subsection (d), no person shall operate or ride upon a motorcycle or a motor-driven cycle (other than a motorized pedalcycle) unless he is wearing protective headgear which complies with standards established by the department.

"(d) Exception.--The provisions of [subsections (a) and (b)] subsection (a) shall not apply to the following:

"(1) The operator or any occupant of a three-wheeled motorcycle equipped with an enclosed cab.
    "(2) A person 21 years of age or older who has been licensed to operate a motorcycle for not less than two full calendar years.
    "(3) A person 21 years of age or older who has completed a motorcycle rider safety course approved by the department or the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.
    "(4) The passenger of a person exempt under this subsection, if the passenger is 21 years of age or older."

http://usff.com/hldl/hlstatutes/pennsylvaniahl.html

sa laktod pagkasulti "RESPONSIBLE MOTORCYCLE DRIVING" ang ilang ginapa implement sa mga drivers. ang problema sa drivers nato dire is they are iresponsible. daghan ko kita driver motor dire puno sa hambog, paturatoy lang ug dagan kay drag2x kuno inig ka disgrasya, aw kamo nalang ang sumpay.
    what can you expect? majority of our drivers in Cebu have no idea what SAFE DRIVING means anyway. what might be the reason behind this? there is simply no definite effective system that has been implemented to train and educate our drivers regarding safety. instead, all our government has done is to come up with STUPID laws like this. what a shame.

Whether responsible or not, it's always better being safe than being sorry, and that's what helmets are for. Why would we follow others when we know the benefits we can get from it?

the city of cebu got more on the benefits kay liman ka kadaku ug multa kung walay helmet. MORE MONEY! have you seen CITOM personnel or police getting apprehended because of no helmet? hastang mangayo ka ug police report pweteng dakoa ug bayad.

Quote Originally Posted by yokam
    Whether responsible or not, it's always better being safe than being sorry, and that's what helmets are for. Why would we follow others when we know the benefits we can get from it?

the city of cebu got more on the benefits kay liman ka kadaku ug multa kung walay helmet. MORE MONEY! have you seen CITOM personnel or police getting apprehended because of no helmet? hastang mangayo ka ug police report pweteng dakoa ug bayad.
    Is this the reason why gusto ka tangtangon ang helmet?

dili pud bro, but have seen almost daily accidents gud nga little ra ang nahelp sa helmet. its just my wild suggestion sa usa ka wild pud nga topic, hehehe...i also remember once nga gusto mo earn ug dako ang CITOM b4 thats why kusug kaayo sila mo apprehend sa drivers and as a biker pud, i hate seeing motorcycle riders singled out during checkpoints. its seems they treat motorcycle drivers as 2nd hand drivers. nevers seen them apprehend cars. nakaminus bah!

I also hate seeing drivers with helmet pud kunu nga kiat kaayo sa dalan. whats the use of helmet kung imu ng sugaton ang 8-10 wheelers nga truck? Recklessness is the most common cause of accident.

Quote Originally Posted by yokam
    Is this the reason why gusto ka tangtangon ang helmet?

@rey04

first of all, do you know how to ride motorycle? or just hated motorcycles coz u don know how to ride it?

"RESPONSIBLE MOTORCYCLE DRIVING"? mao bitaw im always wearing my helmet when riding kay RESPONSIBLE RIDER KO! bisan pag walay CITOM or police nga manakop ug way helmet sa cebu i still wear my helmet when ever i ride..

rey04, pagka wa jud nimo'y alamag bahin sa pag motor ug sa balaod.. ingon paka wala ingana balaod sa western country? wa ka kyape! maypag dili nalang ka mo comment regarding ani kay ako'y na uwaw nimo..

what a dumb solution... this would really be an inconvenience for the motorcycleriding motorists...

Quote Originally Posted by rey04
    dili pud bro, but have seen almost daily accidents gud nga little ra ang nahelp sa helmet. its just my wild suggestion sa usa ka wild pud nga topic, hehehe...i also remember once nga gusto mo earn ug dako ang CITOM b4 thats why kusug kaayo sila mo apprehend sa drivers and as a biker pud, i hate seeing motorcycle riders singled out during checkpoints. its seems they treat motorcycle drivers as 2nd hand drivers. nevers seen them apprehend cars. nakaminus bah!

I also hate seeing drivers with helmet pud kunu nga kiat kaayo sa dalan. whats the use of helmet kung imu ng sugaton ang 8-10 wheelers nga truck? Recklessness is the most common cause of accident.
    little ra ang help sa helmet sa kasagaran nimo makita nga accident? ofcorz nag gamit man sila ug cheap fake helmet.. halos tanan rider kay wala cla kahibaw unsa ka importante ang pag gamit ug DOT certified Fullfaced helmet..

yes tinuod na imong gisulti nga nakaminus jud ang mga authorities. mao na naka bulok nila! ug sakto ka ako mismo mag tanaw ko anang mga bagohay pa kaau sa motor nga ilang himoun ug race track ang public roads which is VERY WRONG! mao nay mga kuwang sa disiplina..

I also hate seeing drivers with helmet pud kunu nga kiat kaayo sa dalan. Recklessness is the most common cause of accident.
    Mao pud jud. That discrimination exists. Motorcycle drivers and PUJs are the only ones being checked in check points. Ang private vehicles and even taxis dili. It would still boil down to being useless.

Regarding helmets, it's main purpose is safety. True enough it doesn't provide us sure safety, but at least, it helps a us in a lot of ways and gives us a substantial amount of protection. Other than being a primary protection for our head during a motorcycle crash, helmets provide protection from flying objects that could interfere or distract the driver while driving, especially full faced helmets and it's hard outer shell provides protection during falling and good helmets act as a shock absorber during crashes.

As what I've noticed, mostly, drivers ra gyud ang maghelmet. I know that they've implemented that everyone riding a motorcycle should wear a helmet, whether nagbackride or nagdrive. Accidents really do happen. It's better to have some protection rather than having nothing at all.

Murag nagpalayo na man ni sa topic.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 132 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast