Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: samurai swords. blades

my dad collect's swords/blades from different places. right now we have a muslim kris, a ceremonial nigerain two-handed sword with 2 daggers on its scabbard, a decorative ifugao spear with 3 throwing knives, 3 set of "fake" japanese swords(from country mall). right now he's eyeing for a sword weilded by lapu2x, the kampilan. i'll post the pics once i have enough free time this weekend. i personally would like to collect mediieval and exotic armors but those are really really expensive.

@abortretryfail where did your friend get his swords? especially that two-handed one.

Quote Originally Posted by gemcadz
    @abortretryfail where did your friend get his swords? especially that two-handed one.
    I don't know exactly where but you can get it off the internet... it's called "excalibur"... one of the many designs inspired by the mythical sword...

[img width=333 height=500]http://www.medievaltimes.com/giftshop/600/4%20excalibur%20bronze.jpg[/img]
    [click for detail]

he had a lot of trouble getting it through customs.Â* took a long while to convince them it's just a decorative sword.Â* it rattles a bit at the hilt now because some other person he lent it to tried to cut a plant down and broke it

how did your father get his swords?Â* think it would be possible for me to borrow them if ever I need a sword for another shoot?

I'd like to have some rapiers and court swords another one I'd really like to have is...

the sword of zatoichi... the blind swordsman... a full-length straight katana, disguised as a simple walking stick

wow excalibur d.i to pre. hehehe amawa sa taw gud. naa gyud di kasabot nga decorative gani so di gyud maka putol. i like that sword of zatoichi pre, simple kaayo pero nindot gihapon. my father usually brings his newly bought swords by plane rapud, wala man problima sa customs kay ma ilhan man nga decorative ra gyud kay wala man gyud cutting edge. cge lang pre i'll post pics nya sa swords sa ako papa pero duda ko di na niya ipa borrow pre.

darkhorse naa koy nahibaw-an nga naa jud tinuod Japanese sword panahon pa ni sa worldwar2, Tga Leyte ang naay sword, friend sa ako laywer........

here's a sword on eBay.ph:

[click for details]

the person selling is from Mandaue and says it's an authentic sword dug up somewhere...
    ...did I mention the starting bid is P 500,000.00?

and here's the kampilan...

[img width=500 height=375]http://images.andale.com/f2/129/128/16157869/1150674949871_P6073461.JPG[/img]
    [click for details]

current bid at the time of this posting is P 7,971.41

very nice!

juz wondering if guys know where to purchase an iaito?

Quote Originally Posted by abuot
    very nice!

whats that

basin naa dire naa baligya mga samurai swords bisan kanang dili lang aunthentic, basta affordable lang.. pme me lang.. mura'g wala naman sa country mall pag-adto nako..

Quote Originally Posted by darlynnn
    darkhorse naa koy nahibaw-an nga naa jud tinuod Japanese sword panahon pa ni sa worldwar2, Tga Leyte ang naay sword, friend sa ako laywer........
    pics?

Quote Originally Posted by deathstar0818
    Quote Originally Posted by abuot
    very nice!

whats that
    an unsharpened katana generally used for practice in the art of iaido/iaijutsu

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast