Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Jeph Loeb confirms Daredevil, the first of 4 series, will start filming in NYC this July.

Kingpin can appear in the Daredevil series—the first of the Marvel Netflix series

In a previous interview with Avi Arad:

Edward Douglas: Does Sony have the rights to Kingpin? That was a great Spider-Man villain until Frank Miller took him for his run on Daredevil and he became known more as a Daredevil villain, appearing in that movie.

Avi Arad: Believe it or not, Kingpin was on loan to Daredevil, so again, anything that is part of the Spider-Man Universe or introduced in the Spider-Man Universe–without getting too legal beagle here–is an opportunity, and if we have a story that Kingpin is important, I’m sure we can handle that.

In a recent interview with Kevin Feige:

Jim Vejvoda: Can you shed any light on the nature of the rights for characters like Namor and Kingpin and Elektra? Clearly, with the Daredevil Netflix series, a lot of people are wondering who basically controls Kingpin and Elektra, and a lot of folks are wondering about Namor because of the fact that you guys are going to do The Defenders. Can you clarify that situation?

Feige: No, Namor I think is a little complicated, the way some of them are. Elektra I think we have. I think that was part of Daredevil, and that's clean and simple. Kingpin we either have or somehow share. I'm not 100 percent clear on that one.

Elite Member
    Marvel Netflix Series Part Of Marvel Cinematic Universe, Available For Binge Watching According To Joe Quesada

In a recent chat with Kevin Smith on the Fat Man On Batman podcast, Marvel Entertainment’s Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada revealed some scoop on the upcoming Marvel Netflix shows, which will initially include four separate shows for Daredevil, Power Man, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones. Quesada praised the New York setting for the shows, confirmed that the shows are definitely a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and indicated that viewers would be able to binge watch the shows all at once.

“We’re shooting in New York. That’s the fantastic thing about it is that we’re shooting at home. We’re shooting where these characters belong,” said Quesada. “These stories take place in Hell’s Kitchen.”

Quesada indicated that the shows would be filming in areas of Brooklyn and Long Island City that still look like the old Hell’s Kitchen. He also added that some things they would probably build inside of a studio.

“It thrills me to no end to have these things happening in New York. That alone is going to give it an incredible vibe,” said Quesada. “It’s just once again…it’s like Marvel taking ownership of New York, saying this is where we’re from, this is our universe, this is where it started.”

In describing the setting for Daredevil, Quesada said, “It smells of dark alley, vomit, and piss.”
    While there has been some question as to whether the Marvel Netflix shows would be released in serialized format like traditional network shows or all at once as Netflix has done in the past, Quesada seemed to suggest that it would be the latter. Quesada said, “You’re going to get all these episodes, and you can binge watch them however you want, and then binge watch them again.”

Quesada also confirmed interconnectivity not only between the different Netflix series themselves, but also with the other Marvel movies and TV shows.

“There will be some interconnectivity, much like the movies,” revealed Quesada. “They will exist within the cinematic universe again, so this is all the same world as S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers.”

Despite existing in the same universe, Quesada also stressed that the Marvel Netflix series would be different from anything Marvel (or anyone else for that matter) has done before.

“Although these are superhero stories, this is different now. This is the street level…this is the street level noir side of the Marvel Universe.

Something that you haven’t really, really seen in any of our Marvel movies,” said Quesada. “And probably more ground level, than I think you’ve seen. This is not like us doing Batman, Dark Knight or any of that stuff. This is very Marvel doing street level superheroes.”

Quesada added, “The scripts are coming in. They are pretty fantastic. They’re really emotional. They’re very, very original. But at the same time, it is Daredevil. It is Matt Murdock. We will eventually, hopefully start casting really, really soon, but I’m very, very excited about it.”

When Smith asked whether Kingpin would be part of the Daredevil or Spider-Man universe, Quesada remained coy about the villain.

When Marvel regained the rights to Daredevil from Twentieth Century Fox, many fans were left hoping that the iconic superhero would finally be given the movie he deserves. However, just as many suggested a TV show, and so they must have been very pleased to learn that The Man Without Fear was one of four characters being brought to Netflix. Drew Goddard is attached to write and possibly direct, though Joe Quesada has talked more about his involvement too. "I've been working very, very closely with the entire team on all levels of the show. I think everybody knows my relationship with the character of Daredevil, and how important the character is to me -- not just on an emotional front, but on a professional front. How DD brought me back here to Marvel, and how instrumental he was to even me being in this particular position I'm in today. I'm very involved with the show, as well as everything that we're doing with the Netflix shows. I'm incredibly excited, plus the dark and gritty noir world of DD and the Netflix characters, it's kind of where I live so it naturally attracts me to begin with."

As for whether or not he and Marvel are concerned about what has come before having an impact on how viewers perceive Daredevil, he added, "Let me be clear, we're not going into this show with the idea of trying to erase the memory of anything that came before or really any preconceived notions whatsoever. We're going into the show trying to create something that's incredibly exciting, incredibly engaging, and will give our fans something that they love, something that's unexpected, something that's going to keep them coming back for more. That's really, ultimately, the goal of this: How do we produce a "Daredevil" TV show on Netflix, that's going to be viewed the way that people view content on Netflix, in a way that's going to be compelling, feels unique, while bringing something that is not only true to the character, but providing something unexpected as well." It's hard to imagine that this series will have much at all in common with the 2003 movie, but with a decade between then and the debut of Netflix's Daredevil, it's hard to imagine too many people thinking back to that release anyway!

"One of the advantages is really from the planning stage -- obviously it's much easier to work with a smaller number of episodes than it is with a larger number of episodes," Quesada said of the approach they're taking to the series based on the fact that they can debut each episode on one go. "I can sit there and look at 13 episodes and plan it out as a very large movie. It makes seeing the bigger picture a little bit easier. You can't deny that there will be binge-viewing. You know that there are going to be some Marvel fans that when this show premieres, they are going to go on to Netflix, and they are going to sit there for 12 to 13-plus hours, and watch the entire thing all the way through. It's going to happen. The Netflix model offers us the advantage of being able to construct the show in a manner that is very different than a weekly network TV show."

More gore on a Daredevil show.

Marvel's Netflix Drama 'Daredevil' Taps New Showrunner (Exclusive)

Fellow "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" alum Steven S. DeKnight will take over the reins of the drama, while Drew Goddard will segue to Sony feature "Sinister Six."

There's a change at the top of Marvel's upcoming Netflix Daredevil series.

Drew Goddard will hand over showrunning duties to Steven S. DeKnight, who is finalizing a deal to board the series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Buffy and Lost alum Goddard will segue to writing and directing Sony's Spider-Man spinoff Sinister Six, which will focus on the villains from that universe. He'll remain with Daredevil and serve as a consultant on the drama.

Marvel could not be reached for comment.
    For his part, DeKnight served as showrunner on three seasons of Starz's Spartacus, and wrapped the series in 2013. His credits include working with Goddard on Joss Whedon's Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer well as Whedon's Dollhouse and The CW's Smallville. He's repped by CAA.

Netflix picked up Daredevil -- as well as Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage as well as miniseries The Defenders -- in a massive pact with Marvel. Daredevil is first out of the gate with 13 episodes.

For its part, Marvel expanded its relationship with ABC, adding Captain America spinoff Agent Carter as a bridge series between the fall and spring runs of the sophomore season of Agents of SHIELD.

UPDATED: Marvel has now confirmed DeKnight as showrunner.

Elite Member
    the showrunner of spartacus.

naa man si crixus arrow si spartacus pud unta sa daredevil. lol

Charlie Cox to Star in ‘Daredevil’ TV Series for Marvel and Netflix

British actor Charlie Cox has secured the titular role of “Daredevil” in Marvel/Netflix’s upcoming live-action series, sources confirm to Variety.

The character was last seen on the big screen in 2003, when Ben Affleck donned Matt Murdock’s signature red horns. “Daredevil” is one of four Marvel properties set to headline serialized solo series set in and around Hell’s Kitchen, New York, along with “Jessica Jones,” “Iron Fist” and “Luke Cage.” The quartet will then band together in a Netflix miniseries event titled “The Defenders.” The initial order for “Daredevil” is 13 episodes.

Over the weekend, news broke that Drew Goddard had stepped down as showrunner of the streaming series, to be replaced by “Spartacus” creator Steven S. DeKnight. Goddard will now serve as a consultant on the show, but will reportedly focus most of his energies on writing and directing Sony’s upcoming “Spider-Man” spinoff “Sinister Six.”

After dominating the box office with its superhero franchises in recent years, Marvel has begun investing heavily in the small screen; in addition to renewing “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD,” ABC recently ordered “Captain America” spinoff “Agent Carter,” starring Hayley Atwell, for midseason.

Cox starred opposite Claire Danes in “Stardust” and had a regular role in season three of HBO’s “Boardwalk Empire.”

Marvel declined to comment on the casting rumor, which was first reported by Latino Review.

Cox is repped by WME and 3 Arts Entertainment.

Vincent D'Onofrio is Wilson Fisk on Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix
    Iconic Marvel villain brought to life in new series on Netflix!

Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that acclaimed actor Vincent D’Onofrio has joined “Marvel’s Daredevil,” an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015. Best known for his critically-lauded work in “Law & Order: Criminal Intent,” “Men in Black, “Full Metal Jacket” and “Homicide,” D’Onofrio will play Wilson Fisk, a powerful businessman whose interests in the future of Hell’s Kitchen will bring him into conflict with the blind attorney Matt Murdock and his alter ego Daredevil.

D’Onofrio joins Charlie Cox, previously announced as Matt Murdock, in the exciting cast of “Marvel’s Daredevil.”

“We’re incredibly proud to have an actor with the gravitas and versatility of Vincent joining 'Marvel’s Daredevil' in such an integral role,” said Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s Head of Television. “Wilson Fisk is an iconic villain whose cunning and power make him the dangerous equal of our hero."

“Marvel’s Daredevil” follows the journey of Matt Murdock, who was blinded as a young boy but imbued with extraordinary senses, now fighting against injustice by day as a lawyer, and by night as the super hero Daredevil in modern day Hell's Kitchen, New York City.

Marvel’s first original series on Netflix is Executive Produced by series Showrunner Steven S. DeKnight (“Spartacus”, “Buffy: The Vampire Slayer”, “Angel”) and Drew Goddard ("Cabin in the Woods," "Lost," "Buffy The Vampire Slayer," in addition to writing the first two episodes of “Marvel’s Daredevil”), along with Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “Smallville,” “Heroes”).

“Marvel’s Daredevil” is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix.

For more information on “Marvel’s Daredevil,” and the other exciting new Marvel Television series coming to Netflix, stay tuned to Marvel.com and the Marvel social channels.

Last edited by geo25; 06-27-2014 at 02:23 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast