Page 2 of 196 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mutual Funds Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Raquel View Post
    But for now, I'll let my fund manager diversify my small investments.
    Very good move bay.
    I found Equity MF to give best returns in the long-term provided you do cost averaging.
    (again, caveat...past performances does not guarantee same result in the future

Quote Originally Posted by makie View Post
    Some of the better performing mutual fund companies in the Philippines are:

First Metro Asset Management (FAMI): FAMI's performance last 2011 was 8.18%, almost twice as PSE Index's performance which was around 4%. FAMI's net asset value per share (NAVPS) or price per share is currently at P3.8966 and for 2012, it already gained 3.26%.

First Metro's website: First Metro Asset Management Inc
    FAMI also has an office here in Cebu located at Ground Floor, Metrobank Plaza, Osmeņa Boulevard, Cebu City

PhilEquity (PEMI): One of the oldest mutual fund companies in the Philippines. PhilEquity started in January 1995 with P1.1 per share. Last December 3, 2010, PEMI's NAVPS or price per share has reach more than P20. That's 2000% in just 15 years time. As of this moment, PEMI's price per share is 22.8112. It has already gained 6.44% in 2012.

PhilEquity's website: www.philequity.net/

Philam Asset Management (PAMI): Philam Asset Management is the investment arm of Philam Life. It is also one of the better performing mutual fund companies in the Philippines. For 2012, Philam Strategic Growth Fund has gone up 7.8% and its price per share is currently P418.59. In 2011, PAMI mutual funds has hit P18.6B worth of total assets.

Philam Asset Management's website: Philam Asset Management Inc.
    I was reading, this website offer services assisting investors for the mentioned mutual fund management companies above.

Getting Started | Mutual Fund Philippines

Just in case anyone need some help

Quote Originally Posted by MK View Post
    Very good move bay.
    I found Equity MF to give best returns in the long-term provided you do cost averaging.
    (again, caveat...past performances does not guarantee same result in the future
    Salamat bay! But you're move is better I'm trying to save more so I can start investing directly in the stock market. But, of course, that's on top of the MF.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Raquel View Post
    Getting Started | Mutual Fund Philippines
    Just in case anyone need some help
    I think it's the same as IMG.

Reposting for reference

Mutual fund picks for 2012

Do you think mutual fun in IMG is manage by there own company?

Quote Originally Posted by globalweb View Post
    IMG is just a distributor (not sure if that's the right word)...so, no.

Quote Originally Posted by globalweb View Post
    IMG is not a mutual fund company but rather a marketing company. Mutual funds tap the services of IMG because most mutual fund companies are based in Manila. IMG handles transactions but doesn't handle investments. IMG forwards everything to the respective mutual fund companies.

For example, if you want to invest in PhilEquity, it would be too impractical to go to Manila and invest P5000 since PhilEquity's office is located at Manila. PhilEquity is one of IMG's partners and you can invest through IMG. All you have to do is fill up the forms, submit a copy of 2 IDs (photocopy), and the amount to invest. IMG will forward everything to PhilEquity. Some companies that are affiliates of IMG are PhilEquity, First Metro Asset (FAMI), and Philam Asset Management (PAMI). First Metro has just opened an office here in Cebu so for faster transactions with First Metro, it is ideal to transact directly to them through their own brokers.

Some mutual fund companies tapped the services of IMG for the following reasons:

[1] To cut costs. It would be costly to put up an office on different locations. Since IMG is a marketing firm and have offices in different locations, it is much more practical to let IMG do the marketing.

[2] IMG have personnel of their own. It eliminates the time and cost to hire and train new personnel. IMG brokers are authorized to offer mutual funds as long as the company is an affiliate of IMG.

Other than that, IMG is providing lectures about mutual funds to educate the general public about investing. Such lectures are for free and open to all.

Here is a very basic explanation about what mutual funds are:

Mutual Funds: Introduction

This is a very useful thread mga Sir. Hopefully mudaghan ang makahibaw aning mga mutual funds. Also, Thank you very much for mentioning First Metro Asset Management in your introduction.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 196 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast