Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: SE P990 VS O2 XDA Trion

I'll go for p990, aside from the fact that it looks more comfortable (at least for me) using multi-tap keys, mas ganahan ko sa symbian os, compared sa windows. Unya kung ganahan ka sa interface sa windows, pwede ra nimo machange ang theme nya para morag windows na sya, or even mac... ang windows murag dili pwede mahimong symbian ang itsura. he he.

ang problema lang kay wala koy kwarta para makapalit ko ug inana kamahal na phone. he he

nka bati sa SE kay ang memory stick...too expensive.

Sight Beyond Sight. muzikfreakah's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by derkie
    HSDPA ra ang wala sa P990 pero A2dp Naa because it uses Bluetooth Version 2.0 na, according to the white paper it supports push email. Wifi 802.11g is stil compatible with G. Its useless to have "g" wifi capabilities on this phone since most of the wifi internet networks you connect to are less than 1mbps and I dont think we will be performing a lot of data transfer from any PC to your phone since that will be the only advantage for a "G" network, DataTransfer via Wifi @ 54mbps (may vary depending on router like Dlink can transfer up to 108mbps)
    Ry, AD2P i mean built -in - tama ka sa "G" capabilities, pero there's a difference gyud betweem "b" and "g" when i use it for skype sa balay. :mrgreen:
    really? Ako nya i test kay atung mga DSL diri wala man kaabot ug 5mb, i think highest karun sa PLDT for home is 1 or 2mb. So it shouldnt matter. Although mas secure daw gamay ang "G".

Dili ba built in ang A2DP sa P990? If so that would really suck, but Bluetooth 2.0 is suppose to have that service. All you need is a pair of Bluetooth stereo headphones that support A2DP like the jabra Bt620 or the SE bluetooth stereo headphones(which is also about to be released pa) and according to the SE website, when you click accesories sa SE P990 it supports the SE bluetooth stereo headphones, so im assuming it has A2DP.

A2DP is a bluetooth service that allows you to control your device via the headphones and allows you to listen to stereo audio from your device

@lester: well its getting cheaper na bya. And theyre coming up with 8 gig, but for me frankly 1 gig will do just fine
    The Wonder Pets of a Reptile Addict.

www.mytechisland.com

microsoft phones is not a wise choice..... there are lots of bugs and even though the O2 has lots of features you can't use them at the same time plus all the bugs you can think of.... those features are worthless....

resale value....... microsoft phones have poor resale value....

memstik are getting lower in price na jud. i notice na markyap is selling 1 gig @2,100 nlang! Cool!

and if you need HSDPA get a pc card for your laptop....... its much more useful that way........ sony has a cool umpc........

really? Ako nya i test kay atung mga DSL diri wala man kaabot ug 5mb, i think highest karun sa PLDT for home is 1 or 2mb. So it shouldnt matter. Although mas secure daw gamay ang "G".

Dili ba built in ang A2DP sa P990? If so that would really suck, but Bluetooth 2.0 is suppose to have that service. All you need is a pair of Bluetooth stereo headphones that support A2DP like the jabra Bt620 or the SE bluetooth stereo headphones(which is also about to be released pa) and according to the SE website, when you click accesories sa SE P990 it supports the SE bluetooth stereo headphones, so im assuming it has A2DP.

A2DP is a bluetooth service that allows you to control your device via the headphones and allows you to listen to stereo audio from your device
    Ry, ....sori, i haven't mentioned, my connection at the moment is 10meg NTL(telewest), by the way i'm here in Edinburgh, Scotland- 2 yrs nako sa Vodafone as B.A.Mngmt. i can confirm there's a difference between b and g connection thats why it's my personal preferrence. Yep, i'm using motorola ht820 BT stereo headset sa ako Wizard
    (http://www.derkie.homecall.co.uk/BT_WIZ.jpg) , i mean built in kay dili naka mo add accessory to have AD²P (Asynchronous Data Delivery Protocol)

@dagget- Dell is already launching laptop nga mabutangan simcard for HSDPA (High-Speed Downlink Packet Access)
    http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/06...d_to_vodafone/. HSDPA is about 1.4meg enhanced 3g (3g is 348kps).

Blog Entries

@derkie: Cool Job man, maypaka dinha Saw your screenshots of your wizard, awesome man.

Anyway, im kinda getting confused sa bluetooth. What accesory do you mean we need to attach on the P990 for it to have A2DP? Shoudlnt Your HT820 work with the P990 Right away sam e as it is working with your wizard?

Could you explain more about the advantages your are experiencing on your "G" netowork, im just very curious because if you look at the technical specs of "B" and "G" there shouldnt be much difference or any at all, is it mroe on speed(download or upload?), security? etc..

I got the Ht820 for my father in law and plantronics Pulsar 520a for my brother in law, as for me I got the Jabra 620s. But I did get the Moto DC800 bluetooth home stereo adapter but will use this more for the IPOD with naviplay, but the DC800 would also be a great pair for your Ht820, the DC800 expands your BT range up to 300 Ft.

Hope you dotn mind the questions, just a felllow gadgeteer with a couple of curiouse gadget questions

www.mytechisland.com

Ry, maypaka diha sa ato (Phil) everyday is a holiday- dire pre cge lang busy mao duwa-an(gadget) lay pahimongtan.
    AD²P - accessory like dc800 is what i mean, i got mine bundled with the ht820. SE W900, SE W850 is what i know nga built in na AD²P- unfortunately ang SE P990 wala although like K750i/W800i imo ra man ma flash for these function(Warranty napud and labad).
    Wifi ("G") - difference in Streaming pre, i.e. Skype ... i use my pocket pc to control my media center at times and in my experience (i don't know sa others) walay clutter ang "g" controlling it while online thru wifi. Ry, actually ni gamay na ako time on my desktop since i've been using my Pocket pc sa balay dire na man ko mag IM ug email (push email).
    In comparison sa SE P990, again dili makompara. I'm a great fan of SEricsson, my last SE is a P900, first one is T39m i got it in Semicon diha (ages ago) I am also a member since 2002 in this great SE community called ESATO in fact SEricsson ko nag sugod ug kaboang pag customize sa cellphone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by derkie
    Ry, maypaka diha sa ato (Phil) everyday is a holiday- dire pre cge lang busy mao duwa-an(gadget) lay pahimongtan.
    AD²P - accessory like dc800 is what i mean, i got mine bundled with the ht820. SE W900, SE W850 is what i know nga built in na AD²P- unfortunately ang SE P990 wala although like K750i/W800i imo ra man ma flash for these function(Warranty napud and labad).
    Wifi ("G") - difference in Streaming pre, i.e. Skype ... i use my pocket pc to control my media center at times and in my experience (i don't know sa others) walay clutter ang "g" controlling it while online thru wifi. Ry, actually ni gamay na ako time on my desktop since i've been using my Pocket pc sa balay dire na man ko mag IM ug email (push email).
    In comparison sa SE P990, again dili makompara. I'm a great fan of SEricsson, my last SE is a P900, first one is T39m i got it in Semicon diha (ages ago) I am also a member since 2002 in this great SE community called ESATO in fact SEricsson ko nag sugod ug kaboang pag customize sa cellphone.
    Hehe gilang vodaphone mansad ka work so you get to access new gadgets all the time. :mrgreen:

I understand what you mean, but the P990i has bluetooth 2.0 and bluetooth support A2DP:

Check this link out:
    http://72.14.235.104/search?q=cache:...ient=firefox-a

Heres a snip from that link:
    ADVANTAGES (compared to P910):

* latest Symbian OS and UIQ versions
    * UMTS and WLAN
    * high quality 2 Megapixel camera with autofocus and video recording
    * Flip-closed mode now enabled for 3rd party software
    * faster processor with hardware acceleration
    * high quality QVGA screen
    * large operating memory (RAM)
    * support for large memory cards
    * USB 2.0 with Mass storage
    * Opera 8 browser with lanscape mode
    * stereo audio via Bluetooth (A2DP profile)

As for HSDPA, i think its going to follow the same path as EDGE wherein Globe and Smart have diverted that technology to the PC's and Laptops calling them "WE ROAM" or something. It wouldve been nice if they placed that on our regular sim cards to replace GPRS.

Question though, isnt globe planning to use HSDPA for their 3g technology and calling it 3.5G?

Same diay eversince nag T68i then P800 then P900 wa na gyud mabalik sa Nokia hehehehe. Esato sad ko 2003, nag tamby sad ko my-symbian.com ug allaboutsymbian.com

Maka adik karun sige nasad ko balik kay nag huwat gyud ko aning P990. For my usage mas ganahan ko sa P990, cant live with the convenience of a keypad(phone keypad not qwerty) for texting and making quick calls with one hand. And also cant live the way MS handles their contacts, 1 mobile number per person, so you either have to enter a new entry for that person just to get his second number and label it "Ryan Sun Mobile" and "Ryan Globe Mobile" or put it a different field on the same contact, problem is dili nimu ma access right away when you are sending messages and choosing the contacts to send to.

Hehehe. kuti kaayo ko no? its a small thing but in my business, its something that I use everyday.

I guess mu depend ra gyud ni sa imung usage, aw kung naay kwarta I would get the P990, and get a microsoft UMTS (Sony, OQO or samsung) for a very portable media PC/handheld device running windows XP gyud. Right now I just have to settle for my MSI S270 NB its light enought for me pero mu bugat gihapon at times and I just leave it sa car hehehehehe.

Why didnt you shift to an XDA Executive? That looked like a very cool HTC device as well I almost went for that gyud a few months ago because of my frustration sa P990 release date, but my wife helped calm me down and reminded me why I love the P990..

www.mytechisland.com

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast