Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: 'Gender-bending' chemicals found to 'feminise' boys

Quote Originally Posted by b|tcH_g0dd3sS
    If this would be true, 50 years from now, there will no longer be MEN.

we should start sperm-gathering and freezing now...

Quote Originally Posted by rockart9
    a bit of an exaggeration i think...

an increase in estrogen doesn’t make a man into a woman you know. It also doesn't make a man gay. There are actually some men who have naturally higher estrogen and some women with higher testosterone. In Psychology and Gender Identity, there are men who are feminine. They're not gay, completely straight but display "feminine traits". There are also women who are a butch but are completely straight. Having higher levels or the stuff doesn't make a person gay. There are a lot of factors that make someone gay - the whole nature vs. nurture thing. What the levels of phthalates probably affect is the aggressive behavior since there’s a direct link between testosterone and aggression. The boys with higher levels will be slightly smaller down there but they won’t suddenly grow vaginas.

I’m not saying the whole study is farce just probably a little less credible. 1. the basis of “feminization” is defined by “anogenital distance” (AGD) which doesn’t present the whole picture. "Feminine" is defined bu a lot more than that. 2. 85 controlled subjects is a small scale experiment and for this study to really rattle a few cages in the scientific world it has to be done in a massive scale over a long period of time.
    i was about 2 post more or less d same idea...

yap... i agree...

i think its stil a choice 4 males... if they wanted 2 b gay or not...

already, we have plenty of men so in-touch with their "feminise" side.. kadtong nasubrahan og pangarte ba... lol

OT. Watch out! The sky is falling down!

Blog Entries

a bit of an exaggeration i think...
    my opinion or the whole idea?

an increase in estrogen doesn’t make a man into a woman you know. It also doesn't make a man gay. There are actually some men who have naturally higher estrogen and some women with higher testosterone. In Psychology and Gender Identity, there are men who are feminine. They're not gay, completely straight but display "feminine traits". There are also women who are a butch but are completely straight. Having higher levels or the stuff doesn't make a person gay. There are a lot of factors that make someone gay - the whole nature vs. nurture thing. What the levels of phthalates probably affect is the aggressive behavior since there’s a direct link between testosterone and aggression. The boys with higher levels will be slightly smaller down there but they won’t suddenly grow vaginas.

I’m not saying the whole study is farce just probably a little less credible. 1. the basis of “feminization” is defined by “anogenital distance” (AGD) which doesn’t present the whole picture. "Feminine" is defined bu a lot more than that. 2. 85 controlled subjects is a small scale experiment and for this study to really rattle a few cages in the scientific world it has to be done in a massive scale over a long period of time.
    Is this your opinion or you also got that from somewhere?

I don't think this is just a small study. California and UK wouldn't have banned certain toys if this chemical was not 'dangerous'.

I'm not an expert in this area but this news (which isn't really news - dated 2005) certainly perplexed me.
    "JUST A WOMAN? Oh honey no!

I am awesome with a splash of bitch and a dash of wonderful.

hehe... bantog ra way date ug asa gkan ang source almost 3yrs nmn d i na sya...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by newstarb_again
    hehe... bantog ra way date ug asa gkan ang source almost 3yrs nmn d i na sya...
    you don't understand. The article that I posted was from 2005, there are newer information on this.

Do we have to be anal about this? If you have nothing to say about the topic, then don't post.

dats y... u shud hab posted d latest info ky basi nay mga contradicting infos... ky so far wala mana halos mabalita ug kng concern au ang mga scientist ug mga medical experts ana den dpat ngkagubot na ky delikado mahurot ang mga laki saon nlng... maextinct nya ang humans...

wala pa gani na-prove ang creation, extinction of men na ila gi-research??
    way ayo na oi...
    kamo ray gi-ilad ana...

Blog Entries

Alrighty then. Here's some more.

What are phthalates? How are they used?

Phthalates are a class of widely used industrial compounds known technically as dialkyl or alkyl aryl esters of 1,2-benzenedicarboxylic acid. There are many phthalates with many uses, and just as many toxicological properties.

Phthalates crept into widespread use over the last several decades because of their many beneficial chemical properties. Now they are ubiquitous, not just in the products in which they are intentionally used, but also as contaminants in just about anything. About a billion pounds per year are produced worldwide.

Intentional uses of phthalates include softeners of plastics, oily substances in perfumes, additives to hairsprays, lubricants and wood finishers. That new car smell, which becomes especially pungent after the car has been sitting in the sun for a few hours, is partly the pungent odor of phthalates volatilizing from a hot plastic dashboard. In the evening's cool they then condense out of the inside air of the car to form an oily coating on the inside of the windshield.

What are the health concerns?

Much of the existing literature on phthalates' toxicological properties focuses on the old approach to toxicology: high level exposure for cancer endpoints, and occupational exposure leading to adult infertility. In the past several years, however, particularly led by Earl Gray's laboratory at the US Environmental Protection Agency, attention has turned to low-dose toxicity of phthalates during crucial windows of fetal development. As these studies have advanced, they have fundamentally changed our perception of potential health risks of phthalates.

http://www.ourstolenfuture.org/NEWSC...phthalates.htm
    last modified 6 November 2006

What you should know about chemicals in your cosmetics
    http://www.healthy-communications.co...umerreport.htm
    2007 latest news

Warming baby's bottle could release 'gender-bending' chemicals
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
    30th January 2008

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast