Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why do bands usually range between teens and mid 20's?

minyo naman gud! busy na au wui... bad au woi

Quote Originally Posted by peg
    depende ngali unsa nga klase nga band.. (rock band, jazz band, orchestra, atbp)

if imo gi mean, rock band. alang-alang kun mag headbang2x cya sa stage or mag wara-wara, unya tigulang na, aw patay... tiurok! hehehe sakit ang tuhod ni lolo.
    well si Ozzy, Lemmy, Dio etc... mo headbang man lagi gihapon at their 60's. meaning basta kaya pa sa lawas kumbati gihapon! as for me i will still bang my head bisag naa nako apo puhon..hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by CuJo!!!
    here's a viewpoint from a record executive in manila that i think is very true: " KIDS WANT TO WATCH OTHER KIDS PLAY".. hehehe.. whether you like it or not, importante sa labels ang marketability.. kung ganahan ka mu sikat, mangita jud ka ug paagi na mu-gwapo ka! hahahaha!! Otherwise, you should have a look that would appeal to the niche market aron naa kay following..

The music world is dominated by looks/fashion... Did you guys realize that the *** Pistols were a project by a gay guy who wanted to sell his leather/bondage *** shop? Moreover, kahibalo ba mo nga ang nagpasikat sa connection between metal music and Leather was a guy named Rob Halford, the singer for a band named Judas Priest, who also happened to be gay? Im not against gay people. im just trying to question the stereotype. hehehehe..

Lastly, the word "grunge" was a way to describe the "look" of the scene rather than the sound.. It was a word that got coined by fashion circles first before music critics..

good point

based on my observation, the majority target market for start-up bands are teens-20s/yuppies market since they are more inclined to buying records and often watch (the likes of) MTV...most late 20s to 30something already have a particular genre of their liking..quite hard to entice them with new bands.

Quote Originally Posted by klavel
    based on my observation, the majority target market for start-up bands are teens-20s/yuppies market since they are more inclined to buying records and often watch (the likes of) MTV...most late 20s to 30something already have a particular genre of their liking..quite hard to entice them with new bands.
    sakto saaaad... naa sad kay point. ngano man ingon ani man? ngano man mas inclined man ang youth kaysa sa late 20s and 30s?

although you're theory isn't generally true, you have a point. question is "ngano man"?

being young comes the need to non-conform from the usual trappings that comes with being a teenager ....... so the need to move faraway from the norms as possible. when you are in your teens its so easy to f*ck-it-all, live your ideologies and possess that devil-may-care attitude be it if your in a band or being just an ardent music lover. especially those on the 19-20 age bracket nowadays...i believe alot of you here have their own experiences "slumming" it out with teenagers and it is really FUN,FUN, FUN........... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (that's what my buddies say...hehehe)
    but when maturity seeps in and responsibility rears its ugly head you learn to face the facts abit..which is kind of a hazy truth for me. but if you spent almost half of your existence being passionate about music then maybe its not that easy to let go and move on. i tried it alot of times really....

Quote Originally Posted by Znai
    sakto saaaad... naa sad kay point. ngano man ingon ani man? ngano man mas inclined man ang youth kaysa sa late 20s and 30s?

although you're theory isn't generally true, you have a point. question is "ngano man"?
    bec. our priorities (in life) change...the older we get, the lesser we care about newly released songs or featured bands...we tend to focus more on having family, raising kids...and the Future.

youngsters, being naive, are prone to conforming what's 'hip' or 'in'..they easily fall for that marketing trap, hehe...

Ey guys... how about sharing your views on this one? Why do bands usually start as teenagers and not many last until their 40's? Care to share?

ngano nakaingon man pud ka ana? basin sa imo ra nahibaw-an kay ur probably a teenager urself and ur world turns around on these teenaged bands...coz in my point of view, i also know a lot of bands that didnt start during their teens

thanks labyrightbw but im not a teenager... im way older than that[br]Posted on: November 07, 2007, 11:29:52 PM_________________________________________________I noticed that most of us here view maturity or reality as something negative or frustrating... my opinion is that it really depends on how you look at it and what your personal disposition is. Most of your viewpoints are true in the sense that these are mostly manifestations of teenage or youthful exuberance. But how is it really? Ngano man naa man sa teens ang ingon ani nga mindset?

For me I don't believe in the phrase "act your age" because Walt Disney (I'm sure you know him) became old and still was making cartoons and keeping his youthful spirit in him. I think music is a sign of youthful spirit and dismissing it from your system is like morphing into something you didn't want to be.

I attended a seminar once and the discussion was about 3 state egos of a person. Everybody has a parent ego, adult ego, and a child ego. All these states work together sometimes simultaneously and we don't even know it. It's really up to us how we manage these ego states. I could say that I still have that child state in me but my adult ego says I just have to wait for the right time... and my parent ego agrees and preaches on (like a parent).

It just so happens that at a younger age, the child state ego is more dominant probably because there is so much time to "explore" - just one of my theories. I suggest we should all embrace the fact that growing up never ends. An old man reading a book is no different from a young boy doing the same thing. Both men of different age are acquiring the benefits of learning. We all learn everyday and that should not stop. Reality should be embrace in a positive light because it is actually teaching us to learn from the good and bad - from both sides.

Music should never stop. We may stop collecting CDs or change our priorities but having music as a lesser priority is still part of a priority nevertheless. Play music if you still can. Sakto gyud ang giingon nga hangtud mosakit ang tuhod, di gyud ta mo-undang...

Loving or playing music may take another form at an older age. Sa una banda ka, karon maybe audience ka then later on you start putting a band together again or perhaps manage a band. Whatever form it is, get involved in something that what you believe you are good at.

This is just my theory and opinion... what's yours?

thanks labyrightbw but im not a teenager... im way older than that
    oh i see...

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast