Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Self Awakening is being fully aware of one's divinity which is our highest potential. Abraham Maslow, the father of humanistic psychology said that the highest need that man can aspire is self-actualization which is akin to self-awakening of one's divine potential.

Therefore, ultimately, man's salvation lies within and not without.

i don't believe in salvation from sin unless the slumber of the soul can be called sin. then the savior/god/master like jesus and the buddha who've awakened to their divinity can guide us to achieve our own divinity through their teachings. but always, it is the soul's choice. we create our own heaven and hell. but after all's been said and done, it doesn't really matter. nothing really matters. all is well.

labad

It is as it is written, refusing to believe or taking alternative paths change nothing. It is still what it is. We may not agree with it, we may not like it, we may not accept it, but it still is what it is. We will all have to deal with that in our own ways. It is our choices that will determine rewards or punishments. It is just that simple in the end.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite View Post
    It is as it is written, refusing to believe or taking alternative paths change nothing. It is still what it is. We may not agree with it, we may not like it, we may not accept it, but it still is what it is. We will all have to deal with that in our own ways. It is our choices that will determine rewards or punishments. It is just that simple in the end.
    What do you mean as it is written? written in where?

for me it's both via self awakening and via savior..

Salvation thru a savior and salvation thru self-awakening are two different things in my opinion- the former primarily being a prerequisite before any soul is transported to the biblical heaven.

Unfortunately, salvation through self-awakening does not tie in with the bible. If you're trying to reach the biblical heaven with this gameplan, you can't- because according to the bible, you need Jesus to do that. You might arrive in some other "heaven" though, probably another definition of the much debated word.

Salvation is from GOD that we need to work out.

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by rcruman View Post
    Salvation is from GOD that we need to work out.

Peace!
    Yes, we can all agree that's the religious side of it. But what can you say about salvation through self-awakening?

Blog Entries
    If salvation if from GOD, then where is GOD? If there is a GOD, isn't GOD within us as Jesus The Christ said?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by regnauld View Post
    If salvation if from GOD, then where is GOD? If there is a GOD, isn't GOD within us as Jesus The Christ said?
    On the way! he also said he will come again. Do you believe in his word? so do you believe he is coming back?

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast