Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
    1.) when the issue started windows was handling the swapfile
    2.) the pc is a freshly formatted pc issued to me by the company.

poldpunk, so far bai the problem seems to have gone away after increasing virtual ram. however, i believe it may be too soon to say anything meaningful. observe lang sa ko for a week.
    let us know. i've seen this issue soo many times its almost like reflex when i answer.

kalma lang mga tol. hehehe... bitaw, format leaves us wondering what was the cause. it doesn't provide use with answers. nahitabo na ni namo sa una na sige lang reformat. turns out the installer had a virus in it. di matangtang kay naka cd. heheh...

as for the assumption comment. sa case nako daghan ko nakap-ulawan ana. preha anang usa ka tawo diri sa lain forum kai pataka ug yawit. heheh.... mo screen cap raba na dayon nya momanya sa mga mod. nya maghimo dayon ug storya.

poldpunk:
    pre, naa man gyapon but mas dugay2x na mogawas. lol kamo madagan ug sql developer ug eclipse! each take up around 150-200mb of ram!
    Last edited by tokidoki; 06-27-2008 at 06:20 PM.

add: if the programs aren't the culprit. how about network related resources? how much ram does a busy network consume on my pc? daghan raba ko networking apps like ym, vpn connection, outlook, ftp client and of course the browsers all use the network.

Quote Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
    kalma lang mga tol. hehehe... bitaw, format leaves us wondering what was the cause. it doesn't provide use with answers. nahitabo na ni namo sa una na sige lang reformat. turns out the installer had a virus in it. di matangtang kay naka cd. heheh...

as for the assumption comment. sa case nako daghan ko nakap-ulawan ana. preha anang usa ka tawo diri sa lain forum kai pataka ug yawit. heheh.... mo screen cap raba na dayon nya momanya sa mga mod. nya maghimo dayon ug storya.

poldpunk:
    pre, naa man gyapon but mas dugay2x na mogawas. lol kamo madagan ug sql developer ug eclipse! each take up around 150-200mb of ram!
    try to clear your temp folders, and empty your recycle bin. also, clear your startup items of unnecessary programs through msconfig.

hay, naa pa gyud mga apps diri nga di ma close. crap! i hate corporate PCs!

Perhaps Eclipse is your problem? I've heard that that IDE can be a resource hog. Check out your task manager and see which program is being the biggest resource hog.
    ڤيكتور البَرت جَبيلاغين

hell, you got that right! i got like 200mb on eclipse alone! that's without saying that an instance of java.exe is also consuming memory.

try pud use ug ultimate defrag..

in cases like this i will install (always) a ram monitor utility (not for optimization but monitoring) and start running the programs & see which causes the hog. cuts away the guessing game/time big time.

ka experience pud ko ani sa office..atot gyud kaayo.. i have rampage to monitor my ram and also maximum na akong swap... i have 2gb of ram and a core2duo.. ang blema kay ma out of memory gihapon ko then ang naka ironic kay sa akong rampage i still have of up to 300MB or free memory from my ram..atot au..sige lang ko restart.. moreklamo akong app nga out of memory then ang uban kay mo ingon nga clipboard is locked or something... unsaon kaha ni noh? pero so far dili man nuon pirmi..

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast