Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoga

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NASYO View Post
    i wanna yoga.
    yoga here. yoga there and everywhere
    ma-traffic man sad ang streets anang imoha bai..

Kaning yoga nga puro stretching, angayan sa pangalan niyang 'yoga'.

Kay kung balihon ning 'yoga', mahimong 'agoy'. =)

sakto ka bro.. AGOY jud kaau tan awn ilang porma..hehe

Hehe, TY bro. Mura gyud AGOY tanawon.

Wala pa pud ko kakita ug 70 anyos nga gasugod ug hatha yoga - 'Ahhat... agoy'. =)
    ---

Seriously, gradual man tingali ang program. Sa makaya ra usa.

Sakit ra tanawon - kung kita, pero murag anad naman na sila (maybe years of practice).

Ang uban, they find it not only physically relaxing, but mentally relaxing as well. There is also a sense of fulfillment in attempting to gradually stretch (literally, in this case) one's limits in attaining the goal of maintaining that ideal posture for a time.

It is also meditative because it requires gentle and continuous focus to maintain these postures.
    ---

I was told that hatha yoga works to gradually open the chakras (murag Naruto, just kidding) through these routines (assuming you have the correct ones). If so, this makes it an alternative to the sitting meditation or contemplation types - a matter of choice according to one's temperament.

Also, if true, and if the better circulation of prana or chi aids in health, then perhaps it may be beneficial to health as well (if done right).
    ---

I also heard that some people use (or perhaps, misuse) it, so that they can perform better their "kama sutras".

unsa manjud ang main purpose sa yoga?

i wanna try yoga...
    kinsay maka suggest ug place nga naay yoga nga somewhere lang duol sa may capitol.fuente.jones?

Some meanings to yoga are "joining", "uniting", "mode, manner, means" or "expedient means in general". It is derived from the Sanskrit root yuj, meaning to "to control", "to yoke", or "to unite".

Yoga in India means more of Raja (Royal) Yoga or Ashtanga (8-Limbed) Yoga, which follows the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. It is multi-disciplinary and more in cultivation of the mind (hence, royal).

Yoga in the West means more of Hatha (Sun.Moon) Yoga, a system of physical discipline following the Hatha Yoga Pradipika compiled by Yogi Swatmarama.

Although, the traditional goal of yoga is enlightenment ("liberation from the Matrix"), many maybe into it for physical and mental well-being.

yoga everywhere

i used to practice basic hatha yoga. kanang para stretching. its not a religion.

as to the other forms, can't concentrate enough.

i used to practice basic hatha yoga. kanang para stretching. its not a religion.

as to the other forms, can't concentrate enough.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast