Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Filipino Mayor among "World's Best"

hehehehehe, parang tama ka dyan, maging best ba sya kong di nya pinagtauban ng kaldero ang naghahanap buhay, ang arogante pa, what else na ko mainis lang kayo sa nagsulat noon apparently pro tommy siya diba..........

Quote Originally Posted by bfg9000

@tolstoi

I don't know... that's a biased source, it's Cebu City's own website! If they wrote something bad about the mayor, they'd get fired!

I don't think the "outstanding mayor in the Philippines" would be waging war on a neighboring city (Talisay) and closing down roads he doesn't even legally control (SRP), or encouraging criminals a.k.a. vigilantes. But that's just me. And OT na ito.

oi,, mga taga cebu city ilis ta mayor.. inyo na c teddy amo nasad na c tomas beh

Quote Originally Posted by bfg9000
    @tolstoi

I don't know... that's a biased source, it's Cebu City's own website! If they wrote something bad about the mayor, they'd get fired!

I don't think the "outstanding mayor in the Philippines" would be waging war on a neighboring city (Talisay) and closing down roads he doesn't even legally control (SRP), or encouraging criminals a.k.a. vigilantes. But that's just me. And OT na ito.
    the author was only writing facts about the mayor..of course he/she don't wish to include sumthing negative about the mayor when the site he/she created is owned by the city government

if you listen closely to tommy's interview regarding those issues, he may sound arrogant but he actually had a point of doing/saying it..

these outstanding profiles of tomas that i've posted are what really the ideals of being a mayor...he maybe arrogant and hard-headed but he's doing it in such a passion that the people of cebu will actually benefit in the long run..

Quote Originally Posted by tolstoi
    the author was only writing facts about the mayor..of course he/she don't wish to include sumthing negative about the mayor when the site he/she created is owned by the city government
    Then maybe you shouldn't have used that article as your support for your assertion that Tomas is the "outstanding mayor of the Philippines", as it's clearly a biased source.

if you listen closely to tommy's interview regarding those issues, he may sound arrogant but he actually had a point of doing/saying it..
    I think arrogance has no place in being a public servant. But that's just me.

these outstanding profiles of tomas that i've posted are what really the ideals of being a mayor...he maybe arrogant and hard-headed but he's doing it in such a passion that the people of cebu will actually benefit in the long run..
    Please explain how being arrogant and hardheaded, waging war against a neighboring city and its citizens, and encouraging vigilantism, benefits the people of Cebu in the long run. Note that "people of Cebu" includes Talisaynons.

Then maybe you shouldn't have used that article as your support for your assertion that Tomas is the "outstanding mayor of the Philippines", as it's clearly a biased source.
    what we should look at that article are the facts regarding Tomas achievements instead of the source of the article...like:

- 2002 Local Government Leadership - Most Outstanding Mayor Award
    - In 1972, worked as the Vice-President in a Los Angeles based company, SEROS, Inc.
    - financial analyst of Foreign Credit Insurance Association, the exclusive operating arm of the Export-Import
    bank of United States
    - Vice-President of the Apex Realty and Developers in California, USA
    - Vice-President of the Club Filipino in Los Angeles California.
    - “for outstanding service to the Filipino-American community in LA”.
    - responsible for acquiring over P2 billion worth of foreign assisted projects for Metro Cebu
    - 1990, he was elected as the National Executive Vice-President of the League of City Mayors of the
    Philippines
    - 1990, one of the Ten Outstanding Young Men (TOYM)
    - President of the League of City Mayors of the Philippines from 1992 to 1995
    - elected as the Chairman of the Regional Development Council for Central Visayas.
    - etc..etc..etc

if this is not outstanding/exceptional to you then i dunno what it is..

I think arrogance has no place in being a public servant. But that's just me.
    arrogance for the BETTERMENT of his constituency!

Please explain how being arrogant and hardheaded, waging war against a neighboring city and its citizens, and encouraging vigilantism, benefits the people of Cebu in the long run. Note that "people of Cebu" includes Talisaynons.
    what i meant was "the people of cebu city", the people who vested him as a mayor

waging war with the Talisay govt is justifiable since the Gullas's are taking part of the SRP land which in the first place owned by the cebu city govt...anyways, details of the SRP issue were being discussed in another thread.

can you cite more example where his being hard-headedness and arrogance did not benefit the city??

Let us not stole the limelight from Mayor Oscar Rodriguez...

If Tomas was not voted/ranked as amongs World's Best then there might be a reason we don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by FK
    Let us not stole the limelight from Mayor Oscar Rodriguez...
    Yeah Right.

Here are the profile, comments and interviews of Mayor Rodriquez during the search for Word's Outstanding Mayors.

[img width=150 height=150]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3883/portraitrodriguez7sl.jpg[/img]

PROFILE COMMENTS INTERVIEWS

wE ArE rEaLlY pRoUd Of YOU...

Quote Originally Posted by tolstoi
    what we should look at that article are the facts regarding Tomas achievements instead of the source of the article...like:

- 2002 Local Government Leadership - Most Outstanding Mayor Award
    - In 1972, worked as the Vice-President in a Los Angeles based company, SEROS, Inc.
    - financial analyst of Foreign Credit Insurance Association, the exclusive operating arm of the Export-Import
    bank of United States
    - Vice-President of the Apex Realty and Developers in California, USA
    - Vice-President of the Club Filipino in Los Angeles California.
    - “for outstanding service to the Filipino-American community in LA”.
    - responsible for acquiring over P2 billion worth of foreign assisted projects for Metro Cebu
    - 1990, he was elected as the National Executive Vice-President of the League of City Mayors of the
    Philippines
    - 1990, one of the Ten Outstanding Young Men (TOYM)
    - President of the League of City Mayors of the Philippines from 1992 to 1995
    - elected as the Chairman of the Regional Development Council for Central Visayas.
    - etc..etc..etc

if this is not outstanding/exceptional to you then i dunno what it is..
    How sure are you of your "facts"? Because they're in the article? Some of those aren't even that big a deal... so he was a financial analyst... big deal. So he was a VP in some company in the US... big deal. Some are subjective and unspecified, i.e. "for outstanding service to the Filipino-American community in LA”. Some are political, a result of his being elected mayor of Cebu City... i.e. chairmanship of RDC-CV is almost guaranteed for the mayor of Cebu City, the largest city in CV. So no, that's not outstanding for me.

arrogance for the BETTERMENT of his constituency!
    Mayor Oscar Rodiguez is an example of how you can work for your constituents without being an arrogant prick like Tomas. Firing employees at the City Hall just for happening to be residing in Talisay smacks of despotism and bigotry to me.

can you cite more example where his being hard-headedness and arrogance did not benefit the city??
    Again, why can't he work for Cebu City without being hardheaded and arrogant? That's why Mayor Rodriguez is on that list and Tomas isn't. Weren't you wondering earlier why Tomas wasn't on that list? You just answered your own question.

@BFG9000

i dunno what's your personal angst against TOMAS..if you are doubting the contents of that article why don't you post a contradicting facts that will prove my post false otherwise..

having a top caliber profiles are necessary for being a mayor of CEBU since he/she will act as MANAGER of the city..if TOMAS excels in the corporate world, most likely he will excel to run also the 2nd biggest city of the Phils...and being the 2002 most outstanding mayor is one proof of that.

Weren't you wondering earlier why Tomas wasn't on that list?

i dunno the mechanics of that award giving body, and i am wondering also why TOMAS was not on the list when he had achieved better than Rodrigues on their respective city..

@Tolstoi

i dunno the mechanics of that award giving body, and i am wondering also why TOMAS was not on the list when he had achieved better than Rodrigues on their respective city..
    What makes you think I have anything personal against your Tomas? On the contrary, it's you who seems to be so enamored of Tomas that in a thread about Mayor Rodriguez, you had to say that you believe that Tomas has better achievements than Mayor Rodriguez.

If you were old enough to remember, when Tomas first came to Cebu after the hard work of overthrowing Marcos had been done... he was widely known to be a bum in the US. He even refused to answer questions about his net worth or his employment in the US during debates or interviews. So much for your "excels in the corporate world" thing.

Again the topic is about Mayor Rodrgiuez and his achievement, not about your Tomas and your complaining that "Tomas should be in that list, not Mayor Rodriguez".

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast