Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Mambucal or Mambukal in Murcia, Negros Occidental

Quote Originally Posted by gatorade frost
    I've been there 6 years ago i think and from your pic, it looks like it has not changed much
    been there last December and it has changed a lot na bay compared to 3 years ago that I went there...and according to the friends I know in bacolod, it changed a lot better recently after it became partly privatize...
    naa na silay Boating place where you can rent one of the different sizes and capacity available...I was fun boat racing with friends there...

sachem

how much is their accomodations? their rooms, that is... ive been searching through the internet and got no rates posted.

Actually the renovation of Mambucal started last year 2002 when it was privatized.
    There were a lot of new ammenities and recreations on this resort. Maka boating naka sa ila lagoon, naa sila'y hanging bridge na mura siya 1km ang length- gita-od-taod lang sa mga trees na dagko, wall and rock climbing, hot spring wherein you can dip your whole body and then have a massage, 7-falls (there is a trail na gi himo for you to climb), big spring water pools for kids and a separate one for adults, cottages and picnic hutts. You can stay sa ila hotel or either you can get a bungalow house or native cottage house na ila gi parent from Php800~Php1500 a night good for 4 persons with private toilet and bath, A/C or fan rooms. ACtually going there could be more cheaper if you will have a cutting trip.
    This is what you will gonna do: from Cebu~Toledo, you ride on a V-Hire that will cost you around P70.00 and about 1.5hrs of travel, from Toledo to Sn Carlos, you can ride Weesam Express that will take you 30min to cross the sea for about P150.00 for the fare na tourist class na. When you're at San Carlos already, you ride on a tricycle going to Ceres Terminal and you have to ride on a bus from San Carlos to Bacolod via Don Salvador Benedicto- P96.00 ang fare. Please take note: do not ride on a bus from San Carlos to Bacolod via Escalante. Ask the driver to drop you to Murcia proper and from Murcia proper, you can ride on their jeepney going to Mambukal and it will cost you about P20.00 for the fare and when you're there na sa Mambukal, they will charge you P10.00 for the entrance. You can actually have your reservation on the following numbers:

Mambukal Mountain Resort
    Brgy. Minoyan, Murcia
    Province of Negros Occidental, Philippines
    Tel. No. (034) 7100-800/TeleFax (034) 7100-801

Mambukal Reservation Office
    Office of the Governor
    Old Capitol Building
    Gatuslao Street, Bacolod City
    Tel. No. (034) 709-0990/TeleFax (034) 433-8516

I know all of this info because I've been a part-time tour guide for guests from Cebu/Japan/Korea to go there in Bacolod and have a summer vacation or side trips and Im from Bacolod too and working here na sa Cebu for 7 years already.

Visit their website: http://www.negros-occ.gov.ph/mambukal.php
    If you wish to have my service, you may contact me at 09276955994.

Regards to all and have a wonderful summer!

@hondarevo: very nice details
    I still prefer staying in some Bacolod hotels and just go to mambukal on a day trip labi na if im going there for more than 2 days...if you can afford a self-drive rent-a-car/van then you can enjoy much of negros occ as a plus

hondarevo's travel route is better, ang hassle lang kay transfer 2x ka pero ang nakanindot kay di nka mo-agi sa Bacolod instead i-drop nalang ka sa Murcia mismo, ang Bacolod via escalante na travel time is around 3-3.5 hours. Pero ang Via Don Salvador around 1.5 hours ra tingali...so yes thats a better route to use.

@hondarevo-Wow thanks for the complete info. Btw, pwede ba by airplane or by boat padulong dd2?Mura man ug kapoy ang biyahe kung daghan transfers. Unsa man airline o shipping lines ang naa route dd2??

Owwssss na view nako ang webpage naa diay biyahe daily ang PAL or Cebu Pacific 30mins lang padulong Bacolod not bad..Pero dli ma view ang link sa iyang mga amenities and so forth...Pls post some pixs...

sachem

@hondarevo: hehe you are indeed a good guide... just reading from your nick

HONDA and REVO

LOL

anyways, this has been a good guide for us to would-be vacationers hehe i really dont care if i travel from one vehicle to another. it will a good experience than getting on an airplane (xmen, sorry!). it is good way to explore your own country and meet some good people

btw, how safe is travelling to bacolod? i need to be aware of my safety, you know... well, we all do.

bacolod is a lot safer than Cebu IMO, wala kaayo snatchers ngadto sa cellphones, baseball caps tingali naa, but still its good to be careful at all times.

Actually the air travel is around 15 minutes lang gyud, ang 30 minutes na included na na ang taxi-ing, take off and landing. so dali ra gyud kaayo.pero mahal.

Heres a website you might want to see http://www.negros-occ.gov.ph/mambukal.php, there are some photos of the site, but some are dead links

or you could see a couple of webpage search results from google http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=mambukal or http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=mambucal

see some blogs and personal webpages made by people who visited the site. for example, this site http://chingguy.tripod.com/Bacolod2004, the people on the pix actually work in Cebu and some are from Cebu. I know it because the pips in the pix are working in the same company where i work.

Nice btw ang Mambukal coz i was there last year then cool kaau ilahang path padung sa waterfalls hehehe. Something new pud siya then naa pagyud bonus kung mu ad2 mo ngad2 kay daghan kaau gwapa taga bacolod.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast