Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    C.I.A.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    so you're trying to say GOD allowed it to happen?
    @junmar4

No did not allow,
    The devil did manage to mount a rebellion before in heaven, and still they use there being cunning here on earth.GOD is omnipotent and Omnipresent, but the devil as his ally before the rebellion in heaven sometime has that ability to slip by GOD. As Omnipotent he could destroy the devil and I think the best way to stop him, but still as written that day is still to come.

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    its is human thinking and not God..
    its is whats happening at the moment.. and not by human's mind that God has to do with it.

God is always innocent because his believers make him so.

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    A number of sources mention a war between God and his armies and Satan's host. In Paradise Lost, John Milton vividly recounted a war in heaven following rebellion by Satan and other angels before the Fall of Man.[6] Jonathan Edwards in his sermon Wisdom Displayed in Salvation speaks of Satan and his angels as having rebelled against God before the fall of man and tested their collective strength against him, ultimately failing and resorting to other methods of thwarting him.
    "Satan and his angels rebelled against God in heaven, and proudly presumed to try their strength with his. And when God, by his almighty power, overcame the strength of Satan, and sent him like lightning from heaven to hell with all his army; Satan still hoped to get the victory by subtilty"[7] Commenting on Apocalypse 12:7 "And there was a great battle in heaven, Michael and his angels fought with the dragon", the Catholic Encyclopedia says: "St. John speaks of the great conflict at the end of time, which reflects also the battle in heaven at the beginning of time." It adds that Michael's name "was the war-cry of the good angels in the battle fought in heaven against the enemy and his followers."[8]

Source:

War in Heaven - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Tirong-say View Post
    @junmar4

No did not allow,
    The devil did manage to mount a rebellion before in heaven, and still they use there being cunning here on earth.GOD is omnipotent and Omnipresent, but the devil as his ally before the rebellion in heaven sometime has that ability to slip by GOD. As Omnipotent he could destroy the devil and I think the best way to stop him, but still as written that day is still to come.
    I'm sorry, but that reasoning is invalid. If God is omnipotent, then the devil will have absolutely no way of deceiving God, or, as you put it, "slipping by Him unnoticed". If you really stick to your belief that the devil sometimes "slips by God", then God is not omnipotent.

Anyway, assuming God is omnipotent, in turn Him being "omnibenevolent" is a big misconception among believers. If he is, in addition to being omnipotent, then there would be absolutely no suffering in the world. Of course, this kind of logic will be overturned if you believe that God has a "greater scheme" to let these things happen:
    Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes
    - the Haiti Earthquake (100,000 killed)
    - the Tsunami (500,000 killed)
    - the Holocaust (6,000,000 killed)
    - Rwanda (nearly 1,000,000 killed)
    I do believe though that some people (who are lucky enough to live) find enlightenment in the midst of utter suffering, but think about it- does it really require 100,000 or 6,000,000 dead to realize enlightenment or to teach a lesson?

Quote Originally Posted by cliff_drew View Post
    Chad, allow me to give you some links that will answer your questions.

Why Does God Allow Suffering?
    Interesting read. This caught my attention:
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_11.htm
    Do you know why people make the mistake of blaming God for all the suffering in the world? In many cases, they blame Almighty God because they think that he is the real ruler of this world. They do not know a simple but important truth that the Bible teaches. You learned that truth in Chapter 3 of this book. The real ruler of this world is Satan the Devil.

The Bible clearly states: “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” (1 John 5:19) When you think about it, does that not make sense? This world reflects the personality of the invisible spirit creature who is “misleading the entire inhabited earth.” (Revelation 12:9) Satan is hateful, deceptive, and cruel. So the world, under his influence, is full of hatred, deceit, and cruelty. That is one reason why there is so much suffering.
    This is supposedly the belief of Jehovah's Witnesses. Any normal catholics here care to rebut?

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry, but that reasoning is invalid. If God is omnipotent, then the devil will have absolutely no way of deceiving God, or, as you put it, "slipping by Him unnoticed". If you really stick to your belief that the devil sometimes "slips by God", then God is not omnipotent.
    He is supreme in Good and righteous deeds but not with evil deeds, I'm trying to point out, that there is a war a rivalry of Good and Evil, and it is also staged now here in earth. War did happen in heaven between good and evil, but GOD did manage to defeat Satan, and threw him away into hell and some of satans cohorts is here on Earth. We are the extension of that war between Good and Evil. I believe in Jehovah witnesse's account that the devil is reigning here on earth as what you could see on the things happening around us. So the choice is still ours endure the sufferings that satan inflicts and be righteous or adhere with Satan and live with his luxuries but damning the soul forever.

bec , its a never ending cycle of life .

it cant be destroyed nor created.

----

dinossaur died , bec of a meteor . but id it didnt hapen - humans wouldnt have exist.

everything is just circumstantial...

i dun care that much about those mythical stories about satan and god,
    but those tragedies and calamities happen because they happen...

if you're a faithful man then it's a test of your courage, faith and of your spiritual stability...

literally.. since everything in this world is wicked... i somehow agree on that watchtower's literal interpretation of the bible.. and i've already heard that sh*t before...

IMO, since God is some abstract being, then I can't blame him for anything... he's omnipotent, he's the almighty.. who am I to question him?.. and besides, God is always with us... in our minds.. in our faith... we only think of him, we can't even see him.... we can't conclude if he caused those disasters or if god was really playing golf during these events... but one thing certain is that no matter how much we blame him of anything, things won't change...

just have you faith... if you have some..
    Last edited by prukutung; 01-26-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cliff_drew View Post
    Chad, allow me to give you some links that will answer your questions.

Why Does God Allow Suffering?

These sufferings that we have encountered were signs of living on "the last days".

“Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom.” (Matthew 24:7)
    “There will be food shortages.” (Matthew 24:7)
    “There will be great earthquakes.” (Luke 21:11)
    “There will be . . . pestilences.” (Luke 21:11)

Are We Living in “the Last Days”?
    just out of curiosity, are you Jehovah's Witness bro?

i've heard the same reasoning over and over again, about why GOD allow so much suffering, reason why i've created this thread in the first place. i'd like to hear a different POV from believers here. so why is that GOD is always innocent?

just a few points that i've gathered from your article:

1. the usual --- God’s ways are mysterious.

my answer: how much more mysterious can GOD be? how much more sufferings, persecution, injustice, and deaths can GOD inflict upon his people to make known to man how MYSTERIOUS he really is? how much is too much?

2. Satan is hateful, deceptive, and cruel. So the world, under his influence, is full of hatred, deceit, and cruelty. That is one reason why there is so much suffering.

my answer: this sentence can be used to justify what PAT ROBERTSON said about the Haitian's pact with the devil. isn't it ridiculous? Satan is full of hatred---i get that. if we take this logic into account, it would then imply that if only the people of HAITI were of GOD, then the earthquake wouldn't have happened. but it did happen, because according to PAT, the Haitians swore a pact with the devil.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast