Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default some suggestion for a better istorya.net forums

* remove ADS in posts and thread list. wa may pulos na sila kay wa may mu-click ana.
    ipabilin lng ng mga ads sa header ug side bar.

* able to delete our own account.

* able to edit our own thread title.

* newly registered users must be able to upload their avatar... kay kung naa pay required posts, ang ubang newbies ma-encourage ug spam or pataka lng ug post ug non sense para lng maka-avatar.

to mods and admins: we know this is a private owned forum... dili pud unta mag-hinawod ang uban istorya staffs kay ngano... dili mn tanan services diri free... na mn moy premium membership to access some privileges... tapos naa pa jud moy ADs... nakakwarta mo tungod sa members... so mura na ug business ang site... mura mi ug customers... nakakwarta mo tungod sa customers/members. kami ang customers so dapat respetuon pud mi... especially dili pataka ug bully sa mga newbies.

Ok ra unta kung libre tanan services kay ok ra mag-hinawod jud mo. peru unsaon ta mn nga nakakwarta mn mo through the members. so kami kung baga murag customers... maningkamot mo nga ma-satisfy mi sa inyong services.

anyway, kung natingala mo nganong medyo gi-tira nako ang istorya.. well ani ni xa.

my previous account was "xiao-xiao" tapos naay user nag-ask diri sa support center kung usaon pag change sa title sa iya thread tapos nag-reply2x dayong tong uban members daun nag-suggest ko nga y not i-allow na lng ta nga ma-change nato. (diri ra jud sa istorya forum nga dili ta ka edit ug title)
    unya sa dihang ni-reply mn c vern nga dili pwede for SEO reasons. didto ko nisugod ug palag... ibaylo ninyo ang quality sa forum para lng pangwartaan mi ninyo?... mao na dayon to... gi-ban na dayon ko... didto nagsugod among conflict ni vern. hehe.

tapos naa pay isa ka user nag-ask y thread viewing in internet explorer 7 or 8 is too wide... and after much discussions, we found out nga ang reason is the ad banner which is having it's own thread. (kanang ad banner below sa important threads like forum rules)... peru walay care mn japon ang mods... murag lain paminawon ba nga they don't care ma fix na basta dili lng na mahilabtan ang ads... yaw mo pahalata nga mangwarta ra mo ui. hehe

ug naa pay isa... look at this thread https://www.istorya.net/forums/suppor...w-is-lost.html how the mods threat the members.

anyway, dili ko gusto maabot ni to serious conflicts. unta maminaw pud mo sa mga suggestion sa mga members.

daghan na lagi reklamo about sa attitude sa mga mods, nag-wonder pud ko nganong murag stern and inflexible sila kung m.tubag ug inquiries

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar
    1. I banned you. That means I don't want you here. Why do you bother to create another account? Do you not get the hint? Once again, you will be banned.

2. Allowing users to delete their own account is not going to happen because people are careless. If they get their e-mail account or iSTORYA account hijacked, it is trivial to delete it if users were given that power. That doesn't mean we do not delete accounts upon request. It is a simple matter yet in your mind we are wrong and "hawod" because we choose not give users power that can be abused.

3. We are not allowing newbies to upload their own avatars. That is not going to change. You assume we haven't gone through the process and thought this out. You assume too much.

4. What do you think this is? ... a charity? Do you honestly think we are getting rich from ads and premium memberships? We do not treat members as customers ... we treat members as community members. You say that we shouldn't bully members. You say members and especially newbies deserve respect. Respect is a two way street. Members disrespect the site, disrespect others, and disrespect those in good standing by signing up, not reading the rules presented to them during the sign up, breaking the rules, and then come here and criticize the way we do things? They disagree, so we must be wrong. Members such as you expect respect, but give none. You expect to receive, but have the audacity to claim that we are making ourselves rich.

5. SEO? So we should not conduct SEO on the Internet? Are you insane? This is the Internet. We want to grow our site. You believe that being able to edit topic titles is a quality issue, I believe that creating topic titles and spending the extra 20 seconds is a RESPONSIBILITY of every member. We are not going to change this because you and others are too lazy to spend those 20 seconds to re-read your topic titles. In all my years I have been here, I have NEVER had to edit a topic title. NOT A SINGLE ONE.

6. We do not want to design for a certain browser. This is a commonly held belief among competent web designers that you should never design for a specific browser. Nowhere in the thread did anyone say it was not going to be fixed. In essence, I replied that we are never going to design for IE and if it does get fixed, it won't be fixed until an updated version of the theme which BeoR and his partners are working on. Perhaps you are unfamiliar with software development and web design, so let me explain it to you in simple terms ... WE ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE CODE THAT CAUSES A MINOR NUMBER OF THE POPULATION SOME ANNOYANCE. Things done too hastily to appease the few affect the many by introducing new bugs, etc. WE DO NOT CATER TO THE FEW. WE CATER TO ALL.

6. Of the thousands and THOUSANDS of members at iSTORYA, you speak as if you represent even a small amount of those. Of the THOUSANDS of members, the belligerent few come here and tell us what to do like they own the place. You don't. You are a guest and regardless of how tolerant we may be to members like you, there is a limit to our tolerance. There is a limit to mine. You talk about respect but yet blatantly disrespect my decision to ban you. You talk about respecting other members yet blatantly spout out insults from your own mouth not only at moderators and admins, but at other members. Do not speak of words you do not understand.

Once again, you are banned.
    Last edited by vern; 02-05-2010 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by missingyouso View Post
    daghan na lagi reklamo about sa attitude sa mga mods, nag-wonder pud ko nganong murag stern and inflexible sila kung m.tubag ug inquiries
    if you have problems with the mods, course your inquiries via PM to someone who's higher than the mod in question. the support center forum is a forum for problems with the site such as (but not limited to); cannot access the website, cannot post, problems opening a page, etc. and anything related to problems concerning istorya.net as a whole. this isn't the place for whining and other personal issues with the mods, the same reason why you get rude response here because this isn't the place for it. btw, this goes to all members who are thinking of posting yet another thread about whining.
    Last edited by poldopunk; 02-05-2010 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by poldopunk View Post
    if you have problems with the mods, course your inquiries via PM to someone who's higher than the mod in question
    i dont have a problem right now, but in case i do, who's "the higher than the mod in question" that you are referring to? i dont know the chain of command higher than the mods. i even can't figure out sometimes who the mods are since the word is not attached to your names except if i scroll down to where the mods are listed. thanks

@missingyouso: Sis, you can look it up sa FAQ:

I disagree with a moderator or a moderator is abusing his/her powers! Who do I talk to?
    First and foremost, make sure you are absolutely sure about where you stand. Admins and other moderators will always side with fellow moderators in a he said/she said contest. The best way to resolve an issue is to PM a moderator and explain your side. It is best to do so politely. Taking a fight privately is not going to get you anywhere. If you cannot resolve your problem, PM BeoR and he will decide what should be done.

i dont have a problem right now, but in case i do, who's "the higher than the mod in question" that you are referring to? i dont know the chain of command higher than the mods. i even can't figure out sometimes who the mods are since the word is not attached to your names except if i scroll down to where the mods are listed. thanks
    I guess you did not read the rules and faq. why? because you are asking that question.

@missingyouso: Sis, you can look it up sa FAQ:

I disagree with a moderator or a moderator is abusing his/her powers! Who do I talk to?
    First and foremost, make sure you are absolutely sure about where you stand. Admins and other moderators will always side with fellow moderators in a he said/she said contest. The best way to resolve an issue is to PM a moderator and explain your side. It is best to do so politely. Taking a fight privately is not going to get you anywhere. If you cannot resolve your problem, PM BeoR and he will decide what should be done.

And those usernames highlighted in green are usually the moderators. And correct me if I'm wrong, they also call themselves janitor, sitekeeper, etc.

Thank you, Scorpionqueen, you are most helpful! Forgive me if I dont thank the others, the info given may be helpful but the way it was given just hurt my feelings. But then, so what if it did, right? Im sure you have perfect memories.

bitaw stern kau manubag..mura ug nka minos ba..pero cge lng guest ra mn daw ta..ila mani territory.. bacn kani nga comment nko mo result dayon ni ug banned..hehehehhee...kay e banned baya ta nila basta dli nata nila type..okies....PEACE!!!!..

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast