Thread: battery weight

Blog Entries

Default battery weight

mangutana lang unta ko... nisantop lang ni sa akong hunahuna....
    ang battery bah, mausab iyaha weight after ma fully charge?

I don't think so. Unlike capacitors, rechargeable batteries are mainly based on reversible reactions. When you recharge the battery, you are simply reversing the chemical reaction to when you originally had a potential difference. So that answer is no, it doesn't change weight. But I'm not really sure as I'm no electrochemist. hehehe But capacitors do change weight when you charge them, although the weight change can be very very small.

Quote Originally Posted by fritzd View Post
    I don't think so. Unlike capacitors, rechargeable batteries are mainly based on reversible reactions. When you recharge the battery, you are simply reversing the chemical reaction to when you originally had a potential difference. So that answer is no, it doesn't change weight. But I'm not really sure as I'm no electrochemist. hehehe But capacitors do change weight when you charge them, although the weight change can be very very small.
    Ako sad dili ko agree nga mausab ang weight

Quote Originally Posted by vahnhelsing View Post
    mangutana lang unta ko... nisantop lang ni sa akong hunahuna....
    ang battery bah, mausab iyaha weight after ma fully charge?
    much better if we can conduct an experiment on that.

Different types of battery like Ni-CD, Ni-mH and Li-ion and regular battery (from purchased to drained)

Requirement lang jud ani is an accurate weighing scale with up to 6-digit accuracy kung mahimo, micro grams siguro ang gawas ana.

well, if we can't conduct ani nga experiment, we can't determine the answer.. or can be concluded through theory lang... ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by stealthghost View Post
    much better if we can conduct an experiment on that.

Different types of battery like Ni-CD, Ni-mH and Li-ion and regular battery (from purchased to drained)

Requirement lang jud ani is an accurate weighing scale with up to 6-digit accuracy kung mahimo, micro grams siguro ang gawas ana.

well, if we can't conduct ani nga experiment, we can't determine the answer.. or can be concluded through theory lang... ^_^
    A very good suggestion. We can calculate how much we change in mass or weight we can detect if for some reason, the battery mass really changes upon discharge.

Take for example a typical AA rechargeable battery with charge capacity 2000mAH. So let's convert this to elementary charge, and eventually how much the mass of the contained charge of the fully charged battery. hehe

unfortunately, the mass of the charge contained is very very small. It won't be detectable with advanced commercially available weighing scales. So if we pursue the experiment, the results won't be reliable.

Blog Entries
    weeee salamat sa inyo mga tubag... medyo nalamdagan na ko gamay... at least ang akong gamay nga idea inyo napun.an.. salamat...

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    walay loses sa weight, example lead-acid battery....

Pb+HSO4− → PbSO4 +H ++2e −
    (s) (aq)dis(s) (aq)

ang 2e ana mao nay electrons nga naka-produce ug kuryente, kung mo-introduce ka ug kuryente for recharging, mo-reverse ra pud na ang equation......IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Tirong-say View Post
    walay loses sa weight, example lead-acid battery....

Pb+HSO4− → PbSO4 +H ++2e −
    (s) (aq)dis(s) (aq)

ang 2e ana mao nay electrons nga naka-produce ug kuryente, kung mo-introduce ka ug kuryente for recharging, mo-reverse ra pud na ang equation......IMO
    perfect! mao na sya.. reversible reaction.. hehehe!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthghost View Post

You should also perform this experiment in a super clean room (like the ones at NASA where they assemble spacecraft parts--all people dressed in white robes, white caps, white gloves, and masks). Why? Because of the sensitivity of the weight measuring device, basin wrong reading kay naay naglanding nga kugmo on the scale

-RODION

Blog Entries
    ^^^^ sus abi kog unsa!!! baginga jud uy!!!

11.    Advertisement