Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default File Sharing between XP Home and XP Pro, Possible?

i have a company-issued laptop with XP Pro in it, and of course uses a domain. di ko admin ani so i can't change anything.
    i have a personal laptop with XP Home in it, and obviously doesn't use a domain. admin ko ani so i can do whatever i want.
    i have them both connected to my wireless access point sa balay and way blema both internet connections nila.

Now, can anyone help me setup file sharing. pwde ra gamit access point, pwde sad ad hoc lang. basta mudagan lang file sharing ani. thanks...

Default Re: File Sharing between XP Home and XP Pro, Possible?

I think you can file shared you files in your home XP and your company issued loptop can see your home XP on your "my network places" and then you can transfer files... try it.

i suggest you approach your IT or your network admin. they can help you with that.

pandisal, unsa man ni bai, ad hoc connection ni imu gi suggest?

tamblot, i don't think that's possible bai kay mag sige lang sila config aku setup if that's the case. so that's out of the solution. kun kinahanglan gyud naay usbon sa company-issued na laptop then dead-end na ni aku file sharing. heheh. dvdwrite nlng nku ni aku mga files for transfer to my personal laptop.

If you have your own network (access point) were you share same home network w/ your home PC and your company loptop also connected to it... try checking on your loptop sa "my network places" kung makita ba nimo ang imo home PC if yes then you can set a shared file folder sa imo home pc para maccess toyour loptop...

wooiiii, naa bai. heheh. ok kaayo dah. sus drcho ra man diay ni. sa aku personal laptop bai wa lagi motunga na "Entire Network", limitation na sa xp home?

salamat diay bai ha. matransfer na gyud nku aku large files...

no, probably coz your company loptop is intended to have more security by your companies IT so dili maka share basta2x sa lain network... mao dili makita sa imo home pc bisan naka connect sa same network.

ur welcome! :mrgreen:

In what way you can access your company laptop through domain only or through local user/password? If you can access so, try changing at my computer(right click on it) go to computer name and change your domain into workgroup(same with your personal laptop). This is only in case if you have an access on it. I bet you're only a poweruser to that laptop...

yup, i did change it before. when i came in to the office the next morning, our domain is not showing up, i have to call IT dept. i know i wasn't supposed to do that, that's why i'm not changing anything in my company-issued laptop anymore. heheh.

thanks everyone for helping...

file sharing between both OS you mentioned is possible. just simply share the specific folder you wanted to share from either PC and on your secondary computer where you wish to access the files, right-click on "my computer" and click "map network drive..." and find the folder you shared from your main. good luck! hope that helps!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast