Default Pldt port forwarding issues

Hi, Im a new member of this forum but before I signed up, I already read few topics. One of which is how to port forward using a PLDT WiFi router.

So, I have a little problem about it. I already know my IP address (192.168.1.1), which is the most basic/default IP address of a router. I opened it, logged in into the PLDT router login page, and the settings page popped up. In many cases, there are a lot of menus that can be find (e.g. Advanced, Manage, etc.) But the menus that popped up in my router settings are Setup,Advanced, and Status. The worst part is, in Advanced menu, there is only one sub menu which is the Blocked list. In most cases, there are a lot like portforwarding, and many more. Any clues why is this happening? Or any solutions/ways to portforward? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuntsun View Post
    Hi, Im a new member of this forum but before I signed up, I already read few topics. One of which is how to port forward using a PLDT WiFi router.

So, I have a little problem about it. I already know my IP address (192.168.1.1), which is the most basic/default IP address of a router. I opened it, logged in into the PLDT router login page, and the settings page popped up. In many cases, there are a lot of menus that can be find (e.g. Advanced, Manage, etc.) But the menus that popped up in my router settings are Setup,Advanced, and Status. The worst part is, in Advanced menu, there is only one sub menu which is the Blocked list. In most cases, there are a lot like portforwarding, and many more. Any clues why is this happening? Or any solutions/ways to portforward? Thanks.
    which PLDT router you have? fibR perhaps? if so, it is already locked up to a point where you are only able to just use "basic" sets of settings for it ^_^

*Got a problem about replying to this thread*

Hi , thanks for replying! Im currently subscribed to PLDT myDSL with a router model ASDL Gan.9 **** (forgot the remaining letters and numbers) ANd are there any possible ways to get out of this "basic" settings? Or any ways to port forward using this router?

I have no access to PLDT myDSL modems. Also, from the looks of it, DSL modems is also on lock down as what you have mentioned. Your best bet is to ask for a "super" admin password from PLDT so that you will be able to get the old things you've seen before. Worst case is that you will bridge your modem and use pfSense or any other firewall/router you need that will have what you wanted.

Correct me if I am wrong, I think all ports are allowed from the PLDT modem be default. If you want to do port forwarding or control specific ports, what you need is a separate router - then connect it to your modem.

Quote Originally Posted by antigravity View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, I think all ports are allowed from the PLDT modem be default. If you want to do port forwarding or control specific ports, what you need is a separate router - then connect it to your modem.
    okay..., let us dissect what you have for this...

Correct me if I am wrong, I think all ports are allowed from the PLDT modem be default.
    YOU are indeed CORRECT!!! dili ta mag-lalis ani ^_^

If you want to do port forwarding or control specific ports, what you need is a separate router - then connect it to your modem.
    I would assume that you are only thinking it inside your head and not actually done this ^_^

Anyways, if you have a 2nd router you configured to do the port forward churva..., what happens on this one is that the main modem (PLDT) needs to know those ports where to be forwarded also... so in short..., wala gamit imo pag port forward kai ang imo main modem wala man sab kahibalo asa niya i port forward ^_^

but..., I may be wrong..., as your main modem might be UBER INTELLIGENT enough to know where port forwards are needed by the 2nd cascaded router ^_^.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuntsun View Post
    *Got a problem about replying to this thread*

Hi , thanks for replying! Im currently subscribed to PLDT myDSL with a router model ASDL Gan.9 **** (forgot the remaining letters and numbers) ANd are there any possible ways to get out of this "basic" settings? Or any ways to port forward using this router?
    Hi Tsuntsun,

PLDT no longer allow its subscribers admin privileges on their modems that's why you are not seeing options to forward ports, disable AP isolation, etc., etc. You can still request for these privileges but you'll need to submit a waiver wherein they will not be liable if your modem gets hacked, bricked, or corrupted.

PLDT HOME WAIVER AND ASSUMPTION OF LIABILITY

However, if you have your own router right now you can request for them to demilitarize (DMZ) it and forward it to your router's IP address obtained from your modem. You can also request for them to enable bridge mode which I think would be the better option but if I'm not mistaken, a field technician will have to do this on site with them. Dugay dugay pa jud ni kay they have manpower issues right now.

Quote Originally Posted by poldopunk View Post
    Hi Tsuntsun,

PLDT no longer allow its subscribers admin privileges on their modems that's why you are not seeing options to forward ports, disable AP isolation, etc., etc. You can still request for these privileges but you'll need to submit a waiver wherein they will not be liable if your modem gets hacked, bricked, or corrupted.

PLDT HOME WAIVER AND ASSUMPTION OF LIABILITY

However, if you have your own router right now you can request for them to demilitarize (DMZ) it and forward it to your router's IP address obtained from your modem. You can also request for them to enable bridge mode which I think would be the better option but if I'm not mistaken, a field technician will have to do this on site with them. Dugay dugay pa jud ni kay they have manpower issues right now.
    asa ni i-submit bro? sa PLDT main office gyud?

Quote Originally Posted by dab_s_bad View Post
    YOU are indeed CORRECT!!! dili ta mag-lalis ani ^_^
    That's why I asked to correct me if I was wrong. Since adsl man ni nga modem connection, that is why I wasn't sure. Not trying to prove a point here or try to be a smart ass like you.

But yeah, basin hanas na kaau ka mga ing-ani nga butang mao nang giroon na kaau ka.

And yes, I would agree that bridging would work.

Quote Originally Posted by dab_s_bad View Post
    asa ni i-submit bro? sa PLDT main office gyud?
    customercare@pldt.com.ph

You need to have an open ticket with them that you are waiving your rights. Be careful with this, bisan naa issues na di ikaw naka guba sa imong modem, this waiver states they will not be liable for those so di na nila ilisan. You'll have to buy a new modem if that happens.

11.    Advertisement