----------

President Aquino, Trillanes face treason

SHARES: 178K
    VIEW COMMENTS

By: Kristine Felisse Mangunay

@inquirerdotnet

Philippine Daily Inquirer

06:12 AM May 8th, 2016

The camp of Rodrigo Duterte has filed treason and espionage charges against President Benigno Aquino III and Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV for undertaking “back-channel talks” with China that “only advanced [the] interest of our Asian neighbor.”
    Martin Diño, Duterte’s national campaign manager, announced Friday’s filing of the treason and espionage charges by supporters of the Davao mayor in the Office of the Ombudsman, at a press conference at Club Filipino in San Juan City.
    The filing came as Trillanes publicly accused Duterte, the front-runner in the presidential race, of having millions of pesos in undeclared bank accounts.
    ADVERTISEMENT

The complaint said “Senator Trillanes met with the Chinese 16 times, and he requested that the meeting [be] secret. In those meetings, Trillanes made mention that the Philippines cannot enforce coastal protection. And that made the Chinese take an aggressive [stance] and take over our areas like Scarborough Shoal and Spratly Islands. That alone constitutes treason,” former Rep. Ronald Adamat, one of the complainants, said, quoting from supposed notes made by former Philippine Ambassador to China Sonia Brady.
    Although the complaint recognized that under the law, treason requires that the Philippines be involved in a war, it said “external aggression” was committed by China when it “immediately occupied the subject areas.”
    As for the charge of espionage, the complaint said China had been “emboldened” by the information “gathered from” Trillanes.
    “We include the President because Trillanes could not have done this without the order of the President. They breached international policy. They did it without coursing their efforts through the foreign affairs department,” Adamat said.

#VotePH2016: The Inquirer multimedia coverage of the 2016 national and local elections in the Philippines provides to voters the latest news, photos, videos and infographics on the candidates and their platforms, as well as real-time election results come May 9, 2016. Visit our special Elections 2016 site here: Vote PH 2016 | INQUIRER.net.

Read more: President Aquino, Trillanes face treason | Inquirer News
    Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

BOOK TWO
    CRIMES AND PENALTIES
    Title One
    CRIMES AGAINST NATIONAL SECURITY AND THE LAW OF NATIONS
    Chapter One
    CRIMES AGAINST NATIONAL SECURITY
    Section One. — Treason and espionage

Art. 114. Treason. — Any person who, owing allegiance to (the United States or) the Government of the Philippine Islands, not being a foreigner, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid or comfort within the Philippine Islands or elsewhere, shall be punished by reclusion temporal to death and shall pay a fine not to exceed P20,000 pesos.
    No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses at least to the same overt act or on confession of the accused in open court.chanrobles virtual law library
    Likewise, an alien, residing in the Philippine Islands, who commits acts of treason as defined in paragraph 1 of this Article shall be punished by prision mayor to death and shall pay a fine not to exceed P20,000 pesos. (As amended by E.O. No. 44, May 31, 1945).
    Art. 115. Conspiracy and proposal to commit treason; Penalty. — The conspiracy or proposal to commit the crime of treason shall be punished respectively, by prision mayor and a fine not exceeding P10,000 pesos, and prision correccional and a fine not exceeding P5,000 pesos.chanrobles virtual law library
    Art. 116. Misprision of treason. — Every person owing allegiance to (the United States) the Government of the Philippine Islands, without being a foreigner, and having knowledge of any conspiracy against them, conceals or does not disclose and make known the same, as soon as possible to the governor or fiscal of the province, or the mayor or fiscal of the city in which he resides, as the case may be, shall be punished as an accessory to the crime of treason.chanrobles virtual law library
    Art. 117. Espionage. — The penalty of prision correccional shall be inflicted upon any person who:
    1. Without authority therefor, enters a warship, fort, or naval or military establishment or reservation to obtain any information, plans, photographs, or other data of a confidential nature relative to the defense of the Philippine Archipelago; or
    2. Being in possession, by reason of the public office he holds, of the articles, data, or information referred to in the preceding paragraph, discloses their contents to a representative of a foreign nation.chanrobles virtual law libr

http://talkofthetown.bbforum.co/topic1739.html#.VzKU6oR95hE

Lightbulb if P-Noy will be prosecuted with treason ... so is his all previous predecessors as he only inherit the issue

--- updating ---

Aquino on treason raps: Do you want us to be hostile to China?
    NOTE: News link courtesy of Inquirer.net

Blog Entries
    "It is primarily a misdirection. Duterte knows that my message struck him at the heart of his fraudulent image so he is trying to smear my name as the messenger. It also showed his gross ignorance about the issue. Scarborough or Panatag Shoal is different from the Spratlys or Kalayaan Island Group. They are hundreds of miles apart. I have been appointed by PNoy as a backchannel negotiator to deescalate the tense situation in Panatag back in 2012. I was able to accomplish my mission, within the authority given to me by the President and without compromising our territorial claim, which is now the main subject of our Arbitration case. Just to inform Mayor Duterte, there is no reclamation in Panatag and I have our National Security officials on record during two Senate hearings that we have not lost Panatag contrary to some unfounded media reports. Moreover, I don't have anything to do with the reclamation by China of some islands in the Spratlys because it came long after I have finished my job in the Scarborough standoff. On the contrary, I have been at the forefront of the AFP modernization and the immediate implementation of the EDCA so we could find some balance in the security situation in the West Philippine Sea."

Source: Sen. Antonio Trillanes Official FB page

"Hindi totoo that we have lost Scarborough Shoal," Trillanes said. "Tinanong ko mismo sa mga defense and security officials ng ating bansa kung nawala na ba sa atin ang Scarborough, at lahat sila sinasabi hindi."

"Scarborough is still ours and it is still the main subject of our arbitration complaint," added Trillanes, who chairs the Senate committee on national defense and security and a vocal critic of Duterte.
    See more at: Trillanes disputes Duterte's claim, says Scarborough Shoal still part of PHL | News | GMA News Online

Blog Entries
    ^ Kay wala may transaction history gipakita so it was not proven otherwise. Ang bank certs nga gipakita sa media puro ra account balances.

Lightbulb i really doubt if Digong can demand 50-50 sharing or joint exploration if not always favorable to China

--- updating ---

Did PHL lose Scarborough Shoal? It’s still within exclusive zone, PNoy says
    NOTE: News link courtesy of MSN.com

PNoy, Trillanes...time to face the firing squad.

Blog Entries
    Was there any explanation at all ngano gi develop sa China ang mga isla nga sakop sa atong 'territory'? How that does area still ours if nag himo na ug base ang China didto..? Anyone know the explanation?

ready na for trolliones

Blog Entries
    boanga bitaw sitwasyona sa admin ni panot nag gasto2x na lang jud tag mahal para maka acquire ug advance military upgrade c duterte LAWAY ry gipuhunan awa karon wa na mag samok2x ang mga intsik sa atong mangingisda?!

Question the big question now if Digong has Plan B if China not willing for 50-50 joint exploration specially Ph wins in UNCLOS

Quote Originally Posted by æRLO View Post
    PNoy, Trillanes...time to face the firing squad.

though i agree with you bai æRLO nga e.firing squad ni silang PNoy ug Trillanes

but it will be good unahon o dunganon kaha silang tanan ni Panday Bong Revilla, Estribo Gang Jinggoy Estrada ug Napoles Tax

kay murag unfair man sab nilang PNoy ug Trillanes if e.firing squad silang duha dayon silang Panday Bong Revilla, Estribo Gang Jinggoy Estrada ug Napoles Tax dili e.firing squad

Quote Originally Posted by ghostie2472 View Post
    Was there any explanation at all ngano gi develop sa China ang mga isla nga sakop sa atong 'territory'? How that does area still ours if nag himo na ug base ang China didto..? Anyone know the explanation?

hmmmmmmm

miembro na pud ka sa mga tapolanes wa mu-backread ug diretso lang pangutana as questions like yours has been answered many and explained in details

Was there any explanation at all ngano gi develop sa China ang mga isla nga sakop sa atong 'territory'?

IMHO ila ta giunhan sa maong area kay nahadlok China considering nasud kini sa EEZ sa Ph

then knowing kabalo China nga we don't have the financial capability yet to develop the area so move dayon sila

How that does area still ours if nag himo na ug base ang China didto..?

as of the moment, it's still ours based on EEZ ... China only based it's claimed solely on the named 'South China Sea' in which they have only added it to there map late 40s or early 50s

unlike ours nga panahon pa sa mga Spanish kay nasud na sa map

lastly, China also has take advantage of our weak military arms, as well, ilang gibutangan permanent structures so they can claimed it as there own knowing it's only a shoal that's not habitable. so by putting those garrison-like edifice, China was able to solidify it's claimed nga ilaha gyud as it's now already an island and not a shoal

it's very sad to note and what is upsetting is that China is signatory to UNCLOS yet they disrespect other nations who have signed of it as China have ignored what is written on it ... though UNCLOS is helpless as it has no police power to impose it's ruling if it's favorable to Ph but it will be good for us in terms of rights as we have also reinforce our claims

Duterte won’t back down on Phl sea claim
    NOTE: News link courtesy of MSN.com

PH welcomes G-7 declaration on sea dispute
    NOTE: News link courtesy of Inquirer.net

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast