Blog Entries

Default Article: Takyong sa Borbon Sangka sa Kaha 2014

You can view the page at https://www.istorya.net/forums/conten...a-sa-Kaha-2014

It is also known as "taklong" and, sometimes, mistakenly called as "korakol" in other places, is endemic in the whole Philippines. I dine on this when I visit the Babag Mountain Range, here in Cebu City. These snails live on trees and bushes and feed on moss and lichen. It dies when it falls down on the ground.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyapache View Post
    It is also known as "taklong" and, sometimes, mistakenly called as "korakol" in other places, is endemic in the whole Philippines. I dine on this when I visit the Babag Mountain Range, here in Cebu City. These snails live on trees and bushes and feed on moss and lichen. It dies when it falls down on the ground.
    Thank you for the inputs @pinoyapache. What is korakol? How is it different from takyong? How do you prepare it?

asa ta makapalit ug taklong sa Cebu? hopefully someone can share the recipes here. Daghang Salamat!

It is called "takdong" in Danao. "Korakol" is an African giant snail which is really different from the tree snail but, in Argao, they used that word for "takyong/taklong/takdong". Weird.

Tree snails usually appear en masse during or after a rain. It is not sold on the market. You have to go to the hills and forage it but do not be misled with the African giant snail.

Preparing a tree snail recipe is easy. First you have to boil it. Second, you remove the shell from the meat. You would have to remove also the snail's intestine. Third, saute it with onions, garlic and ginger. Fourth, pour coconut milk and keep stirring. Serve with milled corn.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyapache View Post

Korakols are the big snails we accidentally step on around our gardens right? I'm not sure also if they are edible.

One of our officemates brought some cooked "Korakol" before which I believe those were the Takyong or Taklong. Those guys said that it is also a common pulutan in their barangay in Guadalupe.

Daghang salamat for the information. I guess the food preparation for Takdong should be similar sa Kohol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bugoykaayo View Post
    asa ta makapalit ug taklong sa Cebu? hopefully someone can share the recipes here. Daghang Salamat!
    Cebu Parklane offers takyong in their Kan-anan menu. For fresh takyong, from borbon or maybe @pinoyapache knows where to get some.

9.    Advertisement