Default The iPhone 5 and the Galaxy S3

I would just like to ask your opinion about the two phones namingly, the iPhone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S3
    Which one do you think is better?
    Do you have anything experienced so far that made you astonished of the phones?
    Which do you own now?
    Are you happy with it?

Post it down

Senior Member Platinum Member ckice168's Avatar

Default Re: The iPhone 5 and the Galaxy S3

using both now. s3 sun/ip5 globe.

ip5 still the best in terms of usage. the menus and the simple interface makes the best sense. its sort of handicapped by software since the interface is strictly through appstore. (no-jailbreak yet!) messaging is FAST. keyboard is simple, and yes still as small as the 4s... (jeesh...) it has a very firm feel in the hand and great build. battery life better than 4s but still not good enough. consequence to a lighter phone compared to the 4s i guess..

s3 best in terms of connectivity, screen, video playing use, games, browsing... etc... etc... better battery life. jelly bean is fast but i think ip5 is still smoother. samsung touchwiz makes it slower than it should be. the interface has too many bells and whistles that are not needed. doesn't have enough free memory compared to a note2. better expandability specially with the micro-sd

can't say im unhappy with either. if you can afford it and need it, id say keep both or have an ip5 and a note2. connectivity options are better with the s3. its easier to use for tethering since you can install widgets and have it on the main screen rather than going through a menu...

which is better depends on the user. if your a novice and want a smartphone, ip5. if your techie and want to mod mod mod, get an s3 (or n2). for my everyday use, id stick with the ip5

3.    Advertisement