Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help about a abusive establisment

Hi istoryans,

I just wanna ask for help, on how can I report a establishment who is using counter fitted OS, because they are letting us pay additional amount on computers for using it, and they use fake Windows operating system, they said that computers have expensive software that is why they are asking for a additional amount to our shock the computers are just using pirated software, and they are just making fake stories so that they could ask additional payment. I just wanna ask if where would I be able to report to Microsoft about this situation, do they have a office here in Cebu?? So that this establishment would be inspected, cause they are asking huge amount and they are just using fake software. They are in Lapu-lapu area.
    Thank you very much and hope someone would help us...

Default Re: Help about a abusive establisment

what kind of establishment bro?
    school, internet cafe, or business Office?

Same here unsa nga klase sa establsihement how come ngayo siya ug pay?

Actually its a school..... What they are charging is a bit too much.... Anyone can help?

Junior Member Premium Member

I think you should report that to anti-piracy task force or office handling intellectual property issues.

unsa ni? uclm?

4. When a school or institution enters into a Microsoft Volume Licensing agreement (Campus Agreement, School Agreement, Academic Open, Academic Select), does that mean it is licensed for a full Microsoft® operating system (OS), such as Windows?
    ANSWER: No. Microsoft Volume Licensing only licenses a school or institution for an upgrade for Windows, and sometimes for a downgrade to an earlier version of Windows. There are only three ways for an education institution to obtain a full operating system:
     Acquire the Full-Packaged Product from a retail store.
     Acquire a new PC with an OEM version of the operating system preinstalled.
     Acquire an OEM license with additional hardware from your system builder.

5. What underlying full operating system license qualifies for Windows operating system upgrade licenses offered through Microsoft Academic Volume Licensing programs?
    ANSWER. For upgrade eligibility for licenses acquired through Academic Open or Academic Select, refer to the current Microsoft Product List available at Microsoft Volume Licensing - How Volume Licensing Works.

In order to qualify for the Windows OS Upgrades offered through Campus Agreement or School Agreement, you or your users must have a valid license for a Microsoft Windows operating system on each PC on which the software is run.

Para sa Academic:
    Microsoft Volume Licensing - Volume Licensing Options For Industries

Quote Originally Posted by i.draw.fast View Post
    unsa ni? uclm?
    Atay UCLM oi klaro ana lapu-lapu area naa baya mandaue ang UCLM, I guess UC uses license softwares, I've heard they invest millions on that

Quote Originally Posted by i.draw.fast View Post
    unsa ni? uclm?
    Its not a University, its a private school here in opon. I just want these kind of institution to learn a lesson they are teaching their students about anti-piracy but they themselves doesn't practice it... Most of all there getting profit from this scam... And how could I contact these people even e-mail would do..

btw bro how sure are you nga unlicensed ang ilang gi gamit nga OS?
    ALONE:Hated and Punished

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast