kindly visit:

Skills-in-Demand List - Ministry of Manpower

Recommended Jobsites.

st701
    jobstreet.com.sg
    jobsdb.com.sg
    monster.com.sg
    kellyservices.com.sg

and don't ever forget visiting PinoySG.com - The Filipino Portal in Singapore - Forum marami nag oorganize dun for job hunting normally group of people merong batch August, September etc... mga kababayan nakikipag sapalaran kumita ng malaki. GoodLuck.

Default Re: [SHARE] Jobs in Demand in Singapore

naa ka sg nag work sir? pwed pa refer.. hehe

Elite Member
    Blog Entries

pede po ako magrefer pero depende po sa experience din kc.

sir, unsa na req ninyo na skills and yrs/xp?

Note: I work in a bank in Singapore so Ill try to give accurate information I know and be objective as possible.

+ 5 Years Experience. If you have this you will be in good form.
    + Java, C++, Perl Unix Administration, Windows Administration, .NET, Database Developer, Database Administrator
    + Financial background would be nice (not required). Nice package if you work in investment bank because Singapore tries to be financial hub in asia (just like Switzerland). To motivate you, not to be sound exaggerating, you can get a per month package is bigger than your moonlighting job in 6 months.
    + Of course YMMV (Your mileage may vary).

Try gumtree.sg. pinoysg.com is more on employment agency. Most of the posting there are from agency. Some but not all are trying to suck all your money with nothing like registration fee, they don't apply you for Ministry Of Manpower (Singapore) key-in unless you pay an amount of SG$250, may vary depending on the agency's requirements.

If you are an IT practitioner, try applying direct or walk-in no matter if the company in need of Singaporean or Permanent Resident or known as PR. Singaporeans may live much longer in the company especially if they are pressured.

I work in HDB, Toa Payoh here where 80% of the programmer population are Filipinos. Be careful to your kapwa Pinoy...

Try your luck and plan ahead very well. Be prepare especially Philippine Immigration Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by psyd_1 View Post
    sir, unsa na req ninyo na skills and yrs/xp?
    With regards to the Government side particularly the MOM you will need to prepare the following,

Diploma (photocopy)
    TOR (photocopy)

Your school must be recognize by the MOM (not the factor for being rejected or SPass work permit) and or your experience should be more than 5 years. This is for EPass category. A programmer should be an EPass category because of the nature of our work.

Even how your prospect employer badly needs you but the MOM don't need you, they will reject you.

Reasons for rejection,

1. No quota (for SPass only) meaning a company must prioritize first the locals before foreigner or employer not up to date of their contribution (CPF).

2. Does not meet the criteria to be approve, meaning you are not qualified for the said position.

3. Inconsistent, meaning your records submitted does not match to the documents submitted or conflicting data.

4. No reason at all and some other things. Only the employers knows it and they divulge to you.

hmmm, nus-a kyha ko ka work sa sg..

Quote Originally Posted by messerchtmitt View Post
    Your school must be recognize by the MOM (not the factor for being rejected or SPass work permit) and or your experience should be more than 5 years.
    how would i knw if my school is recognized by MOM. I'm working as a programmer for more than 5years na nuon.

Elite Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psyd_1 View Post
    how would i knw if my school is recognized by MOM. I'm working as a programmer for more than 5years na nuon.
    pst... i had a 1 year experience lng sa pinas, before I got job in singapore. so please i can say u already over qualified

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast