Default Homebased Motion Gfx Artist/Designers and Video Editors - Fulltime or Project-based?

Fellow motion graphics artist/designers and video editors who are working at home or homebased, I would like to hear thoughts or your opinions based on your experience. Do you prefer working full time (under a trusted client) with fixed salary or you would rather accept jobs project-based just like a freelancer. Let's just leave financial security and money out of the topic for now. I want to hear first your thoughts based on what you think works best in terms of the quality of work, time management, client-provider relationship, your sanity, your time, etc. Maybe anything outside of money. hehehe. You know this type of job can burn you out fast, so I'd like to know how you deal with it.

Why I'm making this thread? Well, here's to give you a background. I accepted to work full time as a motion graphics designer (I'm not a pro by the way ) and gave up my regular job because the perks of work from home entices me aside from the fact that I was offered a bigger monthly salary. I've been working with this client since 2010 as a freelancer. Okay, I'm now working from home, enjoying bigger salary and a flexible work sched (40 hours/week).

Since we started, I heavily oppose the use of time trackers and screenshot capturing software but the client didn't heed my appeal. We ended up using Hubstaff. I personally don't like it... never will I like it I guess especially that it is taking screenshots I mean this is creative work and I just feel time tracking is not the way to go in this type of job.

Let me hear you first before ko mu-continue. lol. Thanks!

I'm not into motion. But kung need jud ka og money well, obey the cLient ra jud ka kung diLi nimo explainan og tarong kung unsa ka important ang time para sa usa ka artist. Eheheh

3.    Advertisement