Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default For All Veco Subscribers Fed Up with Veco's Lies

Speak out: Fed up with Veco’s lies
    by John F. Goepper

johnfgoepper@yahoo.com

(This letter is addressed to Bobby Nalzaro)

THIS is the letter I called you about. Let it be titled: “For All Veco Subscribers Fed Up with Veco’s Lies.”

This is for all of Veco’s subscribers who are fed up with the lies Veco tells.

Towards the end of October ’96 to the beginning of November ’96, Veco came out in print (Sun.Star Cebu), saying that “There’s no more need for any scheduled brownout by Veco as they now have the training, expertise, & equipment to work on live power lines.” This lie was told after Veco received training from three major power companies from America. This lie came prior to the eight to 10M scheduled brownouts ago.

The next lie came in November ’05, in which Veco stated that there’d be NO MORE BROWNOUTS FOR FIVE TO SEVEN YEARS. This has been about 10,000 to 15,000 scheduled brownouts ago. Now, Veco has about one scheduled brownout per week, with a 12-hour duration each. In order to “upgrade” the Ermita Substation, this lie has occurred for about the past five to six weeks. My biggest question here is, does Veco know how to do anything except tell lies to its customers?

For the past three to four weeks, Veco has withheld the power from its customers for a total of between 33 to 34 hours. This past weekend, Veco told around three or four lies as to the reason for these brownouts. Lie #1) An earthquake around the Leyte grid. Lie #2) An explosion at the Leyte Substation. Lie #3) An explosion at the Ermita Substation. Lie #4) A car crashed into the Ermita Substation. Lie #5) A car crashed into the Leyte Substation.

I am totally fed up with all the lies that Veco is telling continually. All of these lies can easily be verified, just as I verified each and every lie told recently.

There has not been any instance that Veco revealed what actually happened.

Why does Veco feel it must lie to cover up for its inefficient and ineffective work? Veco is the only one who can answer these questions.

Considering that PLDT can and does issue credit for outgoing calls, pray tell me why Veco can’t do likewise? Don’t ask Veco, as all they’ll do is to tell more lies to cover up the mess they’ve caused.

One thing that happens whenever power is finally restored, meters run very fast. My friends and I have witnessed this anomaly. Veco needs to refund the hours of each and every brownout that it causes, for absolutely no reason at all.

Where I come from there’s this saying, “If it works, leave it alone, don’t mess with it.” I guess this is the only way Veco can make a reason for its line crew’s working all the time. All this amounts to are lies, lies and more lies.

Does Veco know how to do anything besides lie to its customers? I sure doubt it.

Default Re: For All Veco Subscribers Fed Up with Veco’s Lies.

... poor John, well, if he's that disatisfied with Veco's services, then he should have his powerline severed. He kept on telling Veco is making up stories such as #1) An earthquake around the Leyte grid. Lie #2) An explosion at the Leyte Substation.. Where has he been?? The Leyte earthquake really did happen.

.. Veco needs to refund the hours of each and every brownout that it causes, for absolutely no reason at all.

.. i find this illogical, i'm not siding with Veco or anything but isn't our electric bill a reflection of the electric we are USING, so, to simplify.

brownout = no power = no electric usage = no money charge.

.. what we should all complain are the tons of miscellaneous fees we all see in our bills.

ahak maonang naka guba sa akong pc... dili na hinoon ko kadula ug 3d games... tungod anang sigi brownout... but tinood man sad gyud tong nahitabo sa leyte gud so wala tay mahimo...

Quote Originally Posted by godCode
    ahak maonang naka guba sa akong pc... dili na hinoon ko kadula ug 3d games... tungod anang sigi brownout...
    ... hehehe. talking of brown-out casualties, hhhmmm, our ref almost died, my pc went bonkers and our tv had one of it's transistors blown.

Quote Originally Posted by fingolfin
    ... poor John, well, if he's that disatisfied with Veco's services, then he should have his powerline severed. He kept on telling Veco is making up stories such as #1) An earthquake around the Leyte grid. Lie #2) An explosion at the Leyte Substation.. Where has he been?? The Leyte earthquake really did happen.

.. Veco needs to refund the hours of each and every brownout that it causes, for absolutely no reason at all.

.. i find this illogical, i'm not siding with Veco or anything but isn't our electric bill a reflection of the electric we are USING, so, to simplify.

brownout = no power = no electric usage = no money charge.

.. what we should all complain are the tons of miscellaneous fees we all see in our bills.
    i think he is referring to "damages" due to unproductivity for the duration of having no electricity.

on a different note, in our area, before an actual brownout occurs there is low voltage for a couple of minutes prior to an actual brownout. bad trip!

wala man jud choice sa power outages, either scheduled or unscheduled... igo nalang nalng ta mosyagit - BROWNOUT NA SAD!!!!....

Katong gi-ingon ni john "whenever power is finally restored, meters run very fast", effect to siya sa power surged, naa na chance maka-guba ug mga appliance...

Pero kong naa ka budget, you can save your appliances by installing a protection from any "power dip or power surge"... mahal na baya mga appliance ron!!!

... yes Reg, you're absolutely right. At least Veco has the decency to inform us before hand of a scheduled power outage.

Quote Originally Posted by fingolfin
    ... yes Reg, you're absolutely right. At least Veco has the decency to inform us before hand of a scheduled power outage.
    i agree!

on a different note, skycabe and globe broadband also have connection problems but they don't give a rebate which they should since they charge flat rate and not according to meter reading. so even without service, we still pay.

Quote Originally Posted by LytSlpr View Post
    i think he is referring to "damages" due to unproductivity for the duration of having no electricity.

on a different note, in our area, before an actual brownout occurs there is low voltage for a couple of minutes prior to an actual brownout. bad trip!
    guys, you can subscribe to Veco Service Interuption. you can register sa SM and have your email their for your account. mo automatic ra ug email ang service interuption sa imo email. naka try ko ana sa ilang website and it works baya pod. i get email basta naay service interuption.

for more infor siguro try visitng their website Visayan Electric Company - Second largest private electric utility in the Philippines. for more info.

at least veco is more stable compared to cebeco

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast