Results 1 to 10 of 10

Mission planned to probe Uranus


This discussion is about "Mission planned to probe Uranus" in the "Science" forums.
...

  1. #1
    Elite Member boom_box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,018

    Default Mission planned to probe Uranus


    Mission planned to probe Uranus | Skymania News and Guide

    British space scientists are leading plans to send a probe to explore giant ice planet Uranus. They have put forward a detailed proposal to the European Space Agency to launch a joint mission with NASA to the distant world, 1.8 billion miles from the sun.

    It would give scientists their first close-up views of Uranus since NASA’s Voyager 2 flew past and captured fleeting pictures 25 years ago.

    The 400million mission is designed to go in orbit to study the rings around Uranus and answer questions such as why it gives off so little heat.

    OT:
    This planet really amazes me aside from its name...

    “We’ve only really scratched the surface of Uranus.
    -I LOL'ed
    Last edited by boom_box; 01-17-2011 at 01:56 PM.

  2. #2
    C.I.A. tonioyantao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,287
    i dont what to probe uranus. hehehe.

    if ever this will put to place. how long do you think will the probe reach uranus? lol.

    how bout changing uranus name to urectum?

  3. #3
    C.I.A. kit_cebu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,338
    i only need a mirror to probe it.... LOL

  4. #4
    Elite Member diatabz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,722
    @ TS
    Spoiler! 

  5. #5
    Senior Member pusang_iring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    358
    infraction jud ni kang rodion kay nag binuang sa science section

  6. #6
    Elite Member vailixi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,661
    awww nganu mugasto man gyud ug mahal ani sa bsan crisis ang world

  7. #7
    C.I.A. rodsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,446
    Blog Entries
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by vailixi View Post
    awww nganu mugasto man gyud ug mahal ani sa bsan crisis ang world
    As if gikan pod sa imong kaugalingong pocket kuhaon ang money for this mission, the way you complain about it.

    While technological improvements (that have improved the human condition) have indeed been possible due to past space exploration efforts, the need to know and understand how our earth, solar system, and eventually universe, is an essential human drive, which money alone cannot act as barrier/hindrance--people are willing to pay just to know.

    -RODION

  8. #8
    Elite Member diatabz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
    As if gikan pod sa imong kaugalingong pocket kuhaon ang money for this mission, the way you complain about it.

    While technological improvements (that have improved the human condition) have indeed been possible due to past space exploration efforts, the need to know and understand how our earth, solar system, and eventually universe, is an essential human drive, which money alone cannot act as barrier/hindrance--people are willing to pay just to know.

    -RODION
    Here's a great conversation from one of my favorite shows on TV, The West Wing.

    Sam Seaborn: There are a lot of hungry people in the world, Mal, and none of them are hungry 'cause we went to the moon. None of them are colder and certainly none of them are dumber 'cause we went to the moon.
    Mallory O'Brian: And we went to the moon. Do we really have to go to Mars?
    Sam Seaborn: Yes.
    Mallory O'Brian: Why?
    Sam Seaborn: 'Cause it's next. 'Cause we came out of the cave, and we looked over the hill and we saw fire; and we crossed the ocean and we pioneered the west, and we took to the sky. The history of man is hung on a timeline of exploration and this is what's next.

  9. #9
    Junior Member reggielovescake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    495
    Every nation should just DROP the money currency and give everything to innovation & new inventions. They should just focus on progress. Pero ang problem sa tanan is money ra jud. kung walay money walay gubot and wala juy patay kay wala na may hold-up. It would be WORLD PEACE everyday jud

  10. #10
    C.I.A. stealthghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,292
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by reggielovescake View Post
    Every nation should just DROP the money currency and give everything to innovation & new inventions. They should just focus on progress. Pero ang problem sa tanan is money ra jud. kung walay money walay gubot and wala juy patay kay wala na may hold-up. It would be WORLD PEACE everyday jud
    Money, IMHO, is a tool for trading and it is not the problem we have right now.

    The real problem are those who do bad because/for the money..

  11.    Advertisement

Similar Threads

 
  1. DFA creates body to probe sexual exploitation in PH foreign missions
    By backerking in forum Politics & Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2013, 06:36 AM
  2. Replies: 129
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 03:03 PM
  3. Advice for the married, planning to get married, single etc
    By oliver_g0110 in forum Relationships (Old)
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 04:59 PM
  4. anybody can advise me on Juvio, planning to join unta but skeptic hehe
    By mrpooh in forum Business, Finance & Economics Discussions
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 10:41 AM
  5. Replies: 99
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 03:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top