Chances of A Non IT Graduate to infiltrate the IT industry? (Software Development/ Multimedia)

This discussion is about "Chances of A Non IT Graduate to infiltrate the IT industry? (Software Development/ Multimedia)" in the "Programming" forums.
Ok so heres the thing. I have a friend who graduated in the medical field (was force by parents). She wants to try out the ...

Default Chances of A Non IT Graduate to infiltrate the IT industry? (Software Development/ Multimedia)

Ok so heres the thing. I have a friend who graduated in the medical field (was force by parents). She wants to try out the IT industry.

In an ideal world she can do self study and be as skillfull as a fresh grad in IT but would HR personell from IT software consider someone whos not an IT graduate?

Need inputs from you guyz. Because I want to teach her software development but im not sure if she can infiltrate the IT world without a diploma to prove it.

P.S. Im planning to make her take short term courses (oop programming, basic multimedia) and teach her the basics.

Kung standard requirement sa company ("Must Be"), murag lisod.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathnote View Post
    Ok so heres the thing. I have a friend who graduated in the medical field (was force by parents). She wants to try out the IT industry.

In an ideal world she can do self study and be as skillfull as a fresh grad in IT but would HR personell from IT software consider someone whos not an IT graduate?

Need inputs from you guyz. Because I want to teach her software development but im not sure if she can infiltrate the IT world without a diploma to prove it.

P.S. Im planning to make her take short term courses (oop programming, basic multimedia) and teach her the basics.
    senior programmer namo diri boss marine engineer graduate pero karon mukilaw ug code!! teach her boss!

teach her.

build portfolio.

then apply nga ang portfolio ang mu negate sa non IT graduate/diploma.

good luck ug basin mapareha na siya sa marine engineer nga TL nila @MrTuthaus

ang IT Manager sa akong gi OJT han sauna katong estudyante pako kay Accountancy graduate pero mokaon siya ug code sa Visual Foxpro. Kay Visual Foxpro man ang expertise ato niya.

Morag makaya ra jud na basta naay portfolio, then possible open-source projects..

amigo naq senior php developer sa ilado na companya.. IT sya pero 1st year ra ta man kay sigeg palevel og cabal..hahaha nkahuna2 sya mid 20 iyang edad na iyang self napod daw iya ipalevel, nawala sya kalit bantog ra nag self study maayo og unsa iya nihimo iya ibutang sa portfolio.. nilambo jud ang boang...saona daot pa kaayo,,karon...daot ghapon..hahahha pero naa nay kwarta

makaya ra man na kung interesado jud siya plus kung kusog iyang analytical skills, kay anyway wala man pud board exam and IT sad, pero ang kompanya ron mga panahona mangita man jud ug diploma nimo sa IT noon

9.    Advertisement