Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 296
Like Tree156Likes

Nike cuts ties with Manny Pacquiao after the boxing champ said gay people "are worse than animals."


This discussion is about "Nike cuts ties with Manny Pacquiao after the boxing champ said gay people "are worse than animals."" in the "Politics & Current Events" forums.
LOL.. wagi sir @ View Profile: yhokz101 - iSTORYA.NET...

  1. #261
    Senior Member haudia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    759

    LOL.. wagi sir @ View Profile: yhokz101 - iSTORYA.NET
    yhokz101 likes this.

  2. #262
    C.I.A.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,483
    Quote Originally Posted by dolina View Post
    Thank you for proving my point, Manny fan.
    wow. its like talking to a tree. hahaha. @yhokz101 i give up.hahaha.
    yhokz101 likes this.

  3. #263
    Senior Member haudia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by dolina View Post
    I wonder, given a choice, will a Filipino choose Jesus Christ or Manny Pacquaio?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I find it amusing that the word is offensive on Istorya. I wonder if salsal is censored.
    LOL....Amazing...
    dolina likes this.

  4. #264
    Senior Member redcat_13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    593
    Manny's opinion was taken out of context because the media only showed the part where Manny compared people (who does the act) as worse than animals.. but if you look at the whole interview, religion aside, there is really nothing wrong because he was speaking "AS A CHRISTIAN" context.. so for those bashers, kindly see the whole interview..

  5. #265
    Senior Member dolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    wow. its like talking to a tree. hahaha. @yhokz101 i give up.hahaha.
    Why thank you.

    Trees provide oxygen, shade, wood and a home for wildlife.

    In contrast to a fan who can see no evil in what Manny proposes in "putting to death" the LGBT.

    Manny should stay a boxer or better yet a Pastor. Bigotry and discrimination has no place in public office.

  6. #266
    Senior Member dolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by redcat_13 View Post
    Manny's opinion was taken out of context because the media only showed the part where Manny compared people (who does the act) as worse than animals.. but if you look at the whole interview, religion aside, there is really nothing wrong because he was speaking "AS A CHRISTIAN" context.. so for those bashers, kindly see the whole interview..
    I actually watch the whole TV5 interview, his very "forced" Instagram apology to somewhat salvage the Nike deal and the DZMM interview with Karen Davila.

    Only thing he is consistent is using the Holy Bible as a shield for his position to "put to death" the LGBT.

    Manny even says animals do not practice homosexuality but he as much a scientist as I am a boxer.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homose...ior_in_animals

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...exual_behavior

    BBC - Earth - Are there any homosexual animals?

    I also find it difficult to give credibility to any person who cherry picks passages from the book of Leviticus when he...

    - eats pork Leviticus 11:7 And the pig, though it has a divided hoof, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you.
    - eats tahong Leviticus 11:9 Context: "'These you may eat of all that are in the waters: whatever has fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, that you may eat.
    - eats dinuguan Leviticus 17 NIV
    - has tattoos Leviticus 19:28 "'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.
    - wears clothing with mix fabrics Leviticus 19:19 "'Keep my decrees. "'Do not mate different kinds of animals. "'Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. "'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.
    - shaves his beard Leviticus 19:27 "'Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

    Manny voted no to the RH Bill and wants more straight people in the hopes we reproduce more.

  7. #267
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by dolina View Post
    I actually watch the whole TV5 interview, his very "forced" Instagram apology to somewhat salvage the Nike deal and the DZMM interview with Karen Davila.

    Only thing he is consistent is using the Holy Bible as a shield for his position to "put to death" the LGBT.

    Manny even says animals do not practice homosexuality but he as much a scientist as I am a boxer.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homose...ior_in_animals

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...exual_behavior

    BBC - Earth - Are there any homosexual animals?

    I also find it difficult to give credibility to any person who cherry picks passages from the book of Leviticus when he...

    - eats pork Leviticus 11:7 And the pig, though it has a divided hoof, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you.
    - eats tahong Leviticus 11:9 Context: "'These you may eat of all that are in the waters: whatever has fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, that you may eat.
    - eats dinuguan Leviticus 17 NIV
    - has tattoos Leviticus 19:28 "'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.
    - wears clothing with mix fabrics Leviticus 19:19 "'Keep my decrees. "'Do not mate different kinds of animals. "'Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. "'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.
    - shaves his beard Leviticus 19:27 "'Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

    Manny voted no to the RH Bill and wants more straight people in the hopes we reproduce more.
    Wow effort and todo research! Hahaha. Kalma lang ta, wa bitaw kaila si manny nimo. Ang puso mo

  8. #268
    Senior Member dolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebu Fashion View Post
    Wow effort and todo research! Hahaha. Kalma lang ta, wa bitaw kaila si manny nimo. Ang puso mo
    lol tuod.

    When fighting ignorance you should use information and proper scholarly citations.

    A true Christian builds bridges and not walls.

    Discriminating against the LGBT and wanting them dead is not a Christian thing to do.

    That's what Hitlers and Nazis did in WW2.

  9. #269
    C.I.A. raissah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,994
    Quote Originally Posted by dolina View Post
    lol tuod.

    When fighting ignorance you should use information and proper scholarly citations.

    A true Christian builds bridges and not walls.

    Discriminating against the LGBT and wanting them dead is not a Christian thing to do.

    That's what Hitlers and Nazis did in WW2.
    If you mean to say that what happened in Sodom and Gomorrah is building bridges, then I quit istorya.net

  10. #270
    Senior Member dolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by raissah View Post
    If you mean to say that what happened in Sodom and Gomorrah is building bridges, then I quit istorya.net
    Sodom and Gomorrah have been used as a metaphor for vice and homosexuality.

    A lot of European countries like the Netherlands and Denmark are modern equivalents to Sodom and Gomorrah in the sense that they allow same-sxx marriage and are god-less places as compared to the Philippines. Christian places of worship are largely empty in Europe.

    And yet we send OFWs there to find work because their societies have far less graft and corruption than the Philippines, their income gap is narrower and their economies are better than ours.

    In the DZMM interview Manny believes "it is impossible for a nation to become successful or be blessed without the guidance of the Lord. It is impossible for a nation to have peace and unity without God." In essence our leaders need to be Godly to remove corruption. And yet we as a nation pride itself for being very religious, spiritual and Godly for centuries.

    Perhaps after such a long time we should have a rethink of what works and what does not work with having a better society.

    To put it plainly the Philippines, as it is right now, should NOT be as god-less as Europe. It's a very bad idea for that to happen.

  11.    Advertisement

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

 
  1. Manny Pacquiao now the Punching Congressman
    By sharkey360 in forum Politics & Current Events
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 01:57 PM
  2. Fight Night 2 & 3 (with Manny Pacquiao)
    By iskoLares in forum Software & Games (Old)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 04:19 PM
  3. Manny Pacquiao and the courtesy call
    By istoryaaah in forum Politics & Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 10:40 PM
  4. Manny Pacquiao Is a Boxing Icon -- Should He Be More?
    By habibiamr in forum Sports & Recreation
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 10:20 AM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-03-2006, 05:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top