Page 446 of 1835 FirstFirst ... 436443444445446447448449456 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 18343
Like Tree1192Likes

All About Current Admin of Duterte

This discussion is about "All About Current Admin of Duterte" in the "Politics & Current Events" forums.
Originally Posted by marius the phils is a nation of hypocrite christians, the politicians wants votes for the next election or they want to keep ...

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    the phils is a nation of hypocrite christians, the politicians wants votes for the next election or they want to keep their popularity up, if they would vote for the death penalty, the church will go against them and next will be the people.
    Im pro death penalty but dont expect it to effective detterant against criminalty, no scientific study proves that death penalty reduce crime overall. The only good about it is it gives them chance to repent their sins before death, compared to judicial killings or being killed by competing drug syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by katulz View Post
    If Duterte becomes the President, he still wont have the majority of congress and senate. Past presidents win the congress and senate votes through pork barrel. If he want something to be passed as a law, he'll do what previous presidents have done, by giving then pork barrel..Nothing will change unless of course he will dissolve the congress by force (which also has its own negative consequences).
    You have a point... perhaps he has other ways to influence the legislative and judiciary. That is what makes Du30 exciting.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    rest assured he is not like our past presidents. pork barrel actually has good intentions. but what is not good is that it is not audited. it has to be audited and that lawmakers has to be accountable.
    We will see, so far i havent seen Duterte putting "Freedom of Infomation Law" a priority. Is worth hoping? you decide.

C.I.A.
    look, im a pro-duterte. but what i dont like is some of his supporters expect too much of him.

it's like thinking of the things you can buy if you win the lotto but you didn't buy a ticket.

fact - death penalty still doesn't exist in the phils law. stop assuming too much. coz i'm sure federalism and death penalty, no matter how hard duterte will push them or how concrete his arguements and how feasible his proofs are - these two won't be approved. i'm not pessimistic, in fact, i want federalism and the death penalty. But, we all know how hypocritical many of the members of senate and congress are .....

majority of them will vote against Federalism with a simple reason - no more funding for them. they are crocs, they want money and they need money, federalism wont give them that.

the phils is a nation of hypocrite christians, the politicians wants votes for the next election or they want to keep their popularity up, if they would vote for the death penalty, the church will go against them and next will be the people.

sad reality of the philippines ..... mao nang relax lang ta about ni duterte, let's wait what he CAN do.

vote for him and hope that he can do the things that he planned to do BUT never assume that he can do it all ....
    did i say i assumed he can do it all?

people will always be opinionated. everybody will always have their expectations. you can't blame them. people who usually support duterte are the same people who are fed up with the government. they are frustrated. don't tell me to relax. it is you who should relax and let people think what they want to think and let them be. you have no control what other people will think but you have a control what you can think of it. so you relax man and let reality catch up once he gets elected.
    i think people are well aware and have always known for so long that expectations never matched up to reality.
    what matters is that duterte is the leader they wanted and that he can provide leadership. what other people might think or what other people might expect is no long our business. let them assume what they want its their business. lols. and you don't have to like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by katulz View Post
    We will see, so far i havent seen Duterte putting "Freedom of Infomation Law" a priority. Is worth hoping? you decide.
    i see the problem here. with all due respect boss, you talk too much with less information.

http://www.rappler.com/nation/102381-duterte-bares-plans-if-runs-president
    In terms of laws, he said he plans to prioritize the Freedom of Information bill if he runs and wins in 2016.
    last debate he also answered this particular question.

C.I.A.
    but what i'm hoping for is when he sits ( hopefully ) as president his first act would be to declare martial law. but, that would only be a dream.

katulz, glad you mentioned that FOI Bill. that bill basically exposes the spending of the congressmen and senators and all the government officials. this bill won't stop the money coming to these people but look at where this bill is now. "still debating".

now, federalism, it will render these politicians penny-less ...... knowing how greedy they are, would you think they will support this ??
    martial law not gonna happen. i think he could.but the crocodile farm in congress would just revoke it immediately.lols.

C.I.A.
    i see.

with your previous post

you're a member of those people who assume
    lols. you think too much boss. i was just relaying what duterte has said what he would do. i am hoping but not assuming. by the way what is assuming?

this is the problem with some of the pinoy's mentality. not thinking of the reality NOW. how about you think of the ACTUAL situation of our nation now, rather than later ??
    ok. thats a good proposition. so tell me, what can you think about the actual situation now that might help later? you are also a pinoy right? so you also have this kind of mentality.
    Last edited by digitalsuperman; 03-29-2016 at 04:04 PM.

I have this thinking that when he sits there as President he will declare martial law and close down congress so he can do necessary steps in putting and implementing better laws like that of Death Penalty and FOI bill.

Anyways, I'm hoping better days under Duterte's hand.

C.I.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4s gadgets View Post
    I have this thinking that when he sits there as President he will declare martial law and close down congress so he can do necessary steps in putting and implementing better laws like that of Death Penalty and FOI bill.

Anyways, I'm hoping better days under Duterte's hand.
    well sad to say your thinking will not happen. congress can revoke martial law. so don't pin your hopes on it.

C.I.A.
    if you read all my post here in this thread, i never got ahead of myself and think that duterte can save the phils ... i've said it time and time again, that he is only one man. the government structure of the phils can never accommodate what one man's vision is. look at the BBL and FOI of abnoy, every chance he gets he promotes it, but he never did get what he wanted.

that's why i dont have that kind of mentality.

with the current situation of crocs in the government. nothing. hopeless.
    good for you for not getting ahead of yourself boss. but as ive said before. people will always have expectations.people are going to hope. that is what drives us that is what motivates us.we hope and we do. duterte has said over and over again that he will not promise heaven and that he'll gladly burn in hell for as long as the people I serve live in paradise. you may call it a lie or not.it remains to be seen. i am hoping for a change and hope that duterte's leadership can make a difference. im not gonna say he is the savior of our country i just want him to make a difference. especially with corruption and criminality and drugs.

Elite Member
    for me i believe what Duterte said ingon siya kay mga bayot man sila .. but siya he have the political will but duterte said i cannot do this alone we need to be on this together.. remember what is democracy? problema lang gyod nato mga pinoy we dont have the heart to be patriotic. dako kaayo ta og part niining change sa atong nasod... a simple question is.. are you
    willing to be the part of that change....
    Last edited by maue; 03-29-2016 at 07:25 PM.

11.    Advertisement