Page 1 of 41 123411 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

AFP wants mandatory ROTC revived

This discussion is about "AFP wants mandatory ROTC revived" in the "Politics & Current Events" forums.

Default AFP wants mandatory ROTC revived

AFP wants mandatory ROTC revived

By Katherine Evangelista
    INQUIRER.net
    First Posted 18:57:00 08/03/2010

Filed Under: Military, Schools, Youth, Defense

MANILA, Philippines—The Armed Forces of the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Philippines[/COLOR][/COLOR] (AFP) on Tuesday welcomed the proposal to repeal the National Service Training Program Law of 202 and make the Reserve Officers Training Corps. (ROTC) mandatory for male college students.
    AFP spokesman Brigadier General Jose Mabanta said the revival of the ROTC would provide the military a “mobilizeable reserve force.”
    “We all know that the total force is made up of the regular force backed up by a mobilizeable reserve force, that’s why we see the importance of having the ROTC because the ROTC will form the officer corps of the mobilizeable [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]reservist[/COLOR][/COLOR],” Mabanta said in a press briefing held at the Defense Press Corps office at Camp Aguinaldo.
    ROTC was made optional following the death in 2001 of a University of Santo Tomas cadet Mark Chua, who made an exposé on alleged irregularities in the ROTC. This prompted the passage of Republic Act 9163 or the NSTP Law.
    When asked how the military would address the issue of hazing of ROTC trainees, Mabanta said: “the best thing really is to have better personnel to man and of course equipage will be very important.”
    At the same time, he said that human rights advocacy would play an important role in addressing the issue.
    ROTC should instil discipline among the youth. “From discipline starts everything. If you have discipline you will be encouraged to study, we will have strong mind and body,” Mabanta said.
    Aside from discipline, ROTC teaches “patriotism, nationalism, love of country” which Mabanta said are “the basics of what Filipinos are.”
    “So we still believe that ROTC should be enforced, reinforced,” he told reporters, adding, “The [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]armed [COLOR=blue! important]forces[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], as a whole, believe that it should be made mandatory.”
    He said it would be up to [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Congress[/COLOR][/COLOR] to repeal NTSP, which was signed into law by then president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo in 2002.

Unsa ikasulti ninyo ani mga bro ug sis? Ako ni-agi jud ko ani pag-college tawn.

if tarungon na ug dala, why not?

Banned User
    ^mao. kadtong ra mang mga kurakot nga commandant and trainers from AFP ang nagdala ug tigaw ato.

Mao sad ok ra man kung naa. Pero hasol lang gyud sa part sa mga studyante. Unsa kaha reaction sa mga studyante ani especially kato mg-college pa lang kung mabalik gyud ni sa college.

Blog Entries
    kapoy ana balik nasad.. sauna bitaw naa pero gitang2x

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Knight View Post
    Mao sad ok ra man kung naa. Pero hasol lang gyud sa part sa mga studyante. Unsa kaha reaction sa mga studyante ani especially kato mg-college pa lang kung mabalik gyud ni sa college.
    hasul? di man siguro. kay apil man sad ni sa training on time management.

uban gani countries kay 2 years mandatory military service man.

ok ra man na...at least ma disiplina sad ang mga studyante...ang dli ok kanang mga official or commandant nga kusog kaau mangawarta.

this is good ig wla lng corruption. but there should be proper training something like in actual combat. kapoy na kau nang marching2 oi.dont tell me during actual combat magmarching2 pa.tsk tsk tsk

Quote Originally Posted by junmar4 View Post
    hasul? di man siguro. kay apil man sad ni sa training on time management.

uban gani countries kay 2 years mandatory military service man.
    Kapoy pud bai oi compare nimo sa CWTS karon na lecture lang. 2 yrs man siguro ni before then gihimo lang 1 yr ug hangtud sa na-abolish jud. But I admit nindot sad sa experience samot naa ko sa alpha platoon active kaayo.

C.I.A.
    unsa kuno? para DISPLINA? kay sa ROTC ra d.i na makuha?

pwd ra tngali ni ibalik pero dli lng unta i-compulsory. ang sa gusto lng muapil...kung naay muapil

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 41 123411 ... LastLast