Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3138394041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

AFP wants mandatory ROTC revived

This discussion is about "AFP wants mandatory ROTC revived" in the "Politics & Current Events" forums.
When ROTC was taken off the curriculum, surely, the political class at that time debated the issue ad nauseam and concluded that we were better ...

When ROTC was taken off the curriculum, surely, the political class at that time debated the issue ad nauseam and concluded that we were better off without it. It was a breath of fresh air when I learned that my future kids wouldn't have to go through such waste of time and money. I thought that was one of the few times a government announcement made lives easier.

But somehow with the passage of time, and after watching a lot of movies, soap operas, conspiracy videos and talking to their barbers, people's memories get re-arranged. Villains become heroes, dark eras become halcyon, and waste-of-time programs become re-branded as solutions. Haven't we gone through this before? This is like hitting your head with a hammer twice because the first strike didn't cure your headache.

Quote Originally Posted by hitch22 View Post
    When ROTC was taken off the curriculum, surely, the political class at that time debated the issue ad nauseam and concluded that we were better off without it. It was a breath of fresh air when I learned that my future kids wouldn't have to go through such waste of time and money. I thought that was one of the few times a government announcement made lives easier.

But somehow with the passage of time, and after watching a lot of movies, soap operas, conspiracy videos and talking to their barbers, people's memories get re-arranged. Villains become heroes, dark eras become halcyon, and waste-of-time programs become re-branded as solutions. Haven't we gone through this before? This is like hitting your head with a hammer twice because the first strike didn't cure your headache.
    unfortunately, 90% of the population is not as smart as you are. That's the reason why only the 10% of humans make this world go round because the 90% just don't have enough brain capacity to even have logic 101.

Sad truth that's why we keep seeing CONVICTED plunderers/criminals go in and go out of jail depindi sa "weather" and "public perception". And of course, public perception of the 90% can easily be manipulated by propaganda. End the end, "kalo-oy ni erap tawn oi napriso gyud... mayta buhi-an na siya oi..." ROTC is just one of these...
    hitch22 likes this.

speaking in flowery words.. murag ka ug false prophet.

you havent been through Hellish training or maybe you have na but pirme magpa excuse...
    but when you go through a life threatening situation the only thing you will think of is how you live this world and your loved ones.

matod pa ni Hoot sa movie nga "black hawk down" ....
    "Hoot": Y'know what I think? Don't really matter what I think. Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shit just goes right out the window.

now back to topic....

History repeats itself.... like fashion... before in the 70's it was high waist jeans.... pag 90's ni low waist down to hip hop... and now in the present... high waist nasad
    Last edited by Fern; 02-17-2017 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fern View Post
    speaking in flowery words.. murag ka ug false prophet.

you havent been through Hellish training or maybe you have na but pirme magpa excuse...
    but when you go through a life threatening situation the only thing you will think of is how you live this world and your loved ones.

matod pa ni Hoot sa movie nga "black hawk down" ....
    "Hoot": Y'know what I think? Don't really matter what I think. Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shit just goes right out the window.

now back to topic....

History repeats itself.... like fashion... before in the 70's it was high waist jeans.... pag 90's ni low waist down to hip hop... and now in the present... high waist nasad
    Please refrain from attacking the poster. I'm giving my opinion. I'm not attacking anyone.

Do not assume anything about me. I'm close to 50 and have gone through ROTC, went through "hellish" training ...been there, done that...the crawls, duck walks, drank pee, ate bananas with skin on, several bivoacs...the whole nine yards. I don't think torturing oneself makes you a better person. The whole idea is to aim for a better future for our kids. You, on the other hand, wish the same "hellish" experience on your kids. That, boy (and you are just a boy), is called sadism.

By the way, if you can't get past my use of English, as Bruce Lee once said : "When a finger pointing at the moon, the fool looks at the finger."

Exchange ideas...do not attack.

Peace.
    MeMing likes this.

Please refrain from attacking the poster. I'm giving my opinion. I'm not attacking anyone.

Do not assume anything about me. I'm close to 50 and have gone through ROTC, went through "hellish" training ...been there, done that...the crawls, duck walks, drank pee, ate bananas with skin on, several bivoacs...the whole nine yards. I don't think torturing oneself makes you a better person. The whole idea is to aim for a better future for our kids. You, on the other hand, wish the same "hellish" experience on your kids. That, boy (and you are just a boy), is called sadism.

By the way, if you can't get past my use of English, as Bruce Lee once said : "When a finger pointing at the moon, the fool looks at the finger."

Peace.
    At your age sir, I highly recommend you don't spend too much time on here because the sad truth is, again, the 90-10% rule still applies here. I'm sure you have a lot more experience than I do being older and by the sound of it, wiser, but I can claim I have more experience in this environment and sadly, it's full of people that you are best just leaving alone.

As the bible says, "Do not teach fools for they will only hate you for it."

OT: Your words, I have to agree. Even those who have been through the worst of armed operations in the US have to stay in their own community because many unfortunately find it hard to fit it to civilian society. Although that doesn't make them bad people, as what you said, going through whatever "challenges" that we have to go through in ROTC (or for our kids), does not automatically mean they come out of it better persons. Especially not among the corrupt and the power hungry who think being a "higher in rank" means they have the right to push lower rank around as they please when in fact, those who are in power are supposed to serve the weak. At least in the books that is.

But I believe as what Fern also said, history will repeat itself. If this will be implemented again, then it might be our children's time to fight it again the way I did back in 2000 to the point where it finally got abolished.

Revive? This idea is catapulted by old dogs that has no other tricks left in their sleeves.

ROTC revived? why not? kalingaw ra sa ROTC ah. I want my kids when they grow up to experience this also. Physical activity, camaraderie, self discipline, etc... it was really fun during those days.

Peace.
    by the way... if your pointing a finger to the moon... Me the fool will wonder why a guy like you do that for no reason.. basin naka shabu ka. maypa ang fool kaysa ma addict.

if you read my previous post... i mentioned that if ma presidente ko... i will give ROTC to the Military camps and not to the schools where it almost operates with near autonomy and breaking AFP training doctrines and discipline. AFP has better and humane traning AFAIK.... unlike some other Para-Military Units :P

"the crawls, duck walks, drank pee, ate bananas with skin on, several bivoacs" -> ka sisiw intawn ana oie.. arte lang gyud ka. I even got early signs Hepatitis A while nag Field training operations...

training does not guarantee to make you a better person... but it guarantees to give you a mind of steel and a will to survive to complete the mission. if i have children, dili ko ganahan nga ma pareho sila sa mga batn un karon nga puro FB and selfie ra. I want my children to survive bisag ma matay na ko
    Last edited by Fern; 02-18-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
    ROTC revived? why not? kalingaw ra sa ROTC ah. I want my kids when they grow up to experience this also. Physical activity, camaraderie, self discipline, etc... it was really fun during those days.
    Wala man ma wala ang ROTC sir, it is alive and improving. Dili na cya mandatory like before, you can voluntarily enroll if you wish.
    marcopolo likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fern View Post
    by the way... if your pointing a finger to the moon... Me the fool will wonder why a guy like you do that for no reason.. basin naka shabu ka. maypa ang fool kaysa ma addict.
    if you read my previous post... i mentioned that if ma presidente ko... i will give ROTC to the Military camps and not to the schools where it almost operates with near autonomy and breaking AFP training doctrines and discipline. AFP has better and humane traning AFAIK.... unlike some other Para-Military Units :P

"the crawls, duck walks, drank pee, ate bananas with skin on, several bivoacs" -> ka sisiw intawn ana oie.. arte lang gyud ka. I even got early signs Hepatitis A while nag Field training operations...
    training does not guarantee to make you a better person... but it guarantees to give you a mind of steel and a will to survive to complete the mission. if i have children, dili ko ganahan nga ma pareho sila sa mga batn un karon nga puro FB and selfie ra. I want my children to survive bisag ma matay na ko

But sir, what happens now nga you're not the president and its not being given to the military camps man?

11.    Advertisement

Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3138394041424344 ... LastLast