View Poll Results: Do you think PACO and his crew are innocent?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 40.00%
  • No, he deserves a place in HELL

3 60.00%
Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

Merged: Paco Larra単aga

This discussion is about "Merged: Paco Larra単aga" in the "Politics & Current Events" forums.
Originally Posted by law_student In fact, if indeed judge ocampo found them guilty beyond reasonable doubt, he could have easily imposed upon them the supreme ...

Default Re: Do you think PACO is innocent?

Quote Originally Posted by law_student
    In fact, if indeed judge ocampo found them guilty beyond reasonable doubt, he could have easily imposed upon them the supreme penalty of death, rather than quoting a passage from the Sermon of the Mount!
    I believe he didn't impose the death penalty because he was personally against it, not because he didn't think they were guilty beyond reasonable doubt. And the Supreme Court has already corrected his mistake (of not imposing the death penalty).

Quote Originally Posted by bfg9000
    Quote Originally Posted by law_student
    In fact, if indeed judge ocampo found them guilty beyond reasonable doubt, he could have easily imposed upon them the supreme penalty of death, rather than quoting a passage from the Sermon of the Mount!
    I believe he didn't impose the death penalty because he was personally against it, not because he didn't think they were guilty beyond reasonable doubt. And the Supreme Court has already corrected his mistake (of not imposing the death penalty).
    sir, that was not the reason.* the law states that for the crime the accussed allegedly committed they should be given the death penalty and it is his job to have it imposed.* if he can't do it then he should have resigned or inhibited himself, which is most unlikely.* judge ocampo was pressured by a certain group of people, the blood-hungry public and the media.* he was torn between fear, condemnation and his conscience of punishing innocent men regardless of how "maldito or bugoy" they were. the poor judge OBVIOUSLY did not commit suicide, he was murdered plain and simple. the people who saw this on TV and followed this case religiously should have to agree with me even only in this aspect. klaro kaayo to nga wa mag hikog uy. only an idiot would believ that he was truly murdered.

what i personally cannot reconcile is if judge ocampo has never indeed sentenced any accused with the death penalty being in a criminal trial court.* kung naa di'ay nadakpan ug more than 200 grams (now 50 grams na lang) nga shabu unya di siya mo impose ug death, ma "hot water" siya ana. worst madudahan pa siya nga protector ug mga bigtime pusher or drug lords.* makes sense?

i have one thing left unanswered by the intelligent people in this forum.* if one is keen on the law specially criminal law, if one is accused and is punishable by life imprisonment or death your lawyer will advise you NOT TO appeal your case because 95% of cases that are appealed of this nature, the accused's sentence will become more severe.* with this idea in mind, then why did the accuseds STILL APPEALED their case if they really did not believe in their innocence.

Quote Originally Posted by LytSlpr
    sir, that was not the reason. the law states that for the crime the accussed allegedly committed they should be given the death penalty and it is his job to have it imposed.
    Well, that's precisely why the SC corrected him and imposed the death penalty. Besides, nobody will ever really know why he did not impose the death penalty except himself, and he's dead.

the poor judge OBVIOUSLY did not commit suicide, he was murdered plain and simple. the people who saw this on TV and followed this case religiously should have to agree with me even only in this aspect.
    I saw it on TV, and I followed the case, and I don't agree he was murdered. But, if you think he was murdered, who did it? And why aren't they being prosecuted? Is there, in your mind, some grand conspiracy? And why assume that if he indeed was murdered, it had anything to do with the Paco case? He must have judged literally hundreds or even thousands of cases. Is there any evidence that he was murdered and that it had anything to do with the Paco case?

why did the accuseds STILL APPEALED their case if they really did not believe in their innocence.
    Maybe because, they wanted to exhaust all possible means to set themselves free? Or maybe they really believe they're innocent, but unfortunately for them, the Supreme Court found otherwise.

FK
    C.I.A.

if one is keen on the law specially criminal law, if one is accused and is punishable by life imprisonment or death your lawyer will advise you NOT TO appeal your case because 95% of cases that are appealed of this nature, the accused's sentence will become more severe. with this idea in mind, then why did the accuseds STILL APPEALED their case if they really did not believe in their innocence.
    kinsa kaha abogado maka tubag ani... mao ba ni ang i-suggest jud sa mga abogado?

but as what SPEC-V said with his experience in dealing with inmate to be executed 99% sa iyang nahibaw-an claim they are innocent.

Lover and a Fighter SPRINGFIELD_XD_40's Avatar

Natural pakorintihan na gud na ang totoy nimo ..... INOSENTE gyud ka . Kinsa gud tawn gusto mamatay pod diri sa tunga sa ilang kabuang , kalipay , bisyo etc ? Kung loser pa ka sa tanang loser then ok ra matay ka .
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

C.I.A.

and to think some of them come from a buena familia...more moonies to spare..pero i've heard a rumor nga one of PACO's companion kai nalubong na sa utang ang ila pamilya..pambayad sa abogado and other letigation expenses..dili ko magsaba una nga pamilya basin istoryans rasad

i have one thing left unanswered by the intelligent people in this forum. if one is keen on the law specially criminal law, if one is accused and is punishable by life imprisonment or death your lawyer will advise you NOT TO appeal your case because 95% of cases that are appealed of this nature, the accused's sentence will become more severe. with this idea in mind, then why did the accuseds STILL APPEALED their case if they really did not believe in their innocence.
    if the penalty is life imprisonment or death, then its an automatic appeal to the supreme court. and i don't think any lawyer in his right mind will advise his client not to appeal, or advise his client to withdraw the automatic appeal. as long as there is a chance to be acquitted, anyone will definitely want to avail of that chance. after all, in criminal cases, one only has to show reasonable doubt by casting doubt on any of the elements of the offense charged.

Quote Originally Posted by bfg9000
    sir, that was not the reason. the law states that for the crime the accussed allegedly committed they should be given the death penalty and it is his job to have it imposed.
    Well, that's precisely why the SC corrected him and imposed the death penalty. Besides, nobody will ever really know why he did not impose the death penalty except himself, and he's dead.

the poor judge OBVIOUSLY did not commit suicide, he was murdered plain and simple. the people who saw this on TV and followed this case religiously should have to agree with me even only in this aspect.
    I saw it on TV, and I followed the case, and I don't agree he was murdered. But, if you think he was murdered, who did it? And why aren't they being prosecuted? Is there, in your mind, some grand conspiracy? And why assume that if he indeed was murdered, it had anything to do with the Paco case? He must have judged literally hundreds or even thousands of cases. Is there any evidence that he was murdered and that it had anything to do with the Paco case?

why did the accuseds STILL APPEALED their case if they really did not believe in their innocence.
    Maybe because, they wanted to exhaust all possible means to set themselves free? Or maybe they really believe they're innocent, but unfortunately for them, the Supreme Court found otherwise.
    1] a seasoned judge can't "just" make that mistake coz crimes have equivalent sentences or simply refuses to give out the appropriate punishment for a particular crime.

2] i still say he was murdered and in this case i believe in the "grand conspiracy"

3] it doesn't make sense sir.* they were the ones who were insistent for the appeal despite the advice of a good number of brilliant lawyers.* if i was in their place, and i knew this fact then i would be happy if our slow wheels of justice will dilly-dolly my appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Minuano27
    if the penalty is life imprisonment or death, then its an automatic appeal to the supreme court. and i don't think any lawyer in his right mind will advise his client not to appeal, or advise his client to withdraw the automatic appeal. as long as there is a chance to be acquitted, anyone will definitely want to avail of that chance. after all, in criminal cases, one only has to show reasonable doubt by casting doubt on any of the elements of the offense charged.
    i'm not a lawyer but if you said that in cases like these there is an automatic appeal and it can be withdrawn, then if i were the lawyer and the client is indeed guilty and the case is as strong as iron clad such as in this case then i would advise him not to appeal than risk him getting the death penalty. makes sense right? these people are not stupid to be that cocky.

but if the client really believes in his innocence regardless of his lawyers are the best or just PAO lawyer, then that is the emotional motivating force to push for an appeal for his case

i'm not a lawyer but if you said that in cases like these there is an automatic appeal and it can be withdrawn, then if i were the lawyer and the client is indeed guilty and the case is as strong as iron clad such as in this case then i would advise him not to appeal than risk him getting the death penalty. makes sense right? these people are not stupid to be that cocky.
    actually, you wouldn't even have to reach that point. in the first place, if the client was indeed guilty and he told the lawyer so, then he would have been advised to plead guilty, which is a mitigating circumstance that will lower his penalty. if there are other mitigating circumstances, he can also prove these, and they would also lower his penalty. alternatively, you could try to plea-bargain to plead guilty to a lesser offense, and if the prosecution agrees, then you'd get the penalty for the lesser offense + any mitigating circumstances that you can prove.

on the other hand, you are absolutely correct that if the accused believes that he is innocent, then he will appeal; after all, no one would want to rot in jail for a crime that he did not commit.....

11.    Advertisement

Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast