Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 93

arming Brgy CAPTAINS with M16 Riffle..necessary or not?


This discussion is about "arming Brgy CAPTAINS with M16 Riffle..necessary or not?" in the "Politics & Current Events" forums.
huh?! wat if naa ka sa lugar na daghan og tawo..magdala2x ka ana imong M16 rifle..mora ka og c rambo heehehehe..hand gun nalng oi.....

  1. #21
    Elite Member mAlD|tO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,444

    Default Re: arming Brgy CAPTAINS with M16 Riffle..necessary or not?


    huh?! wat if naa ka sa lugar na daghan og tawo..magdala2x ka ana imong M16 rifle..mora ka og c rambo heehehehe..hand gun nalng oi..

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    660

    Default Re: arming Brgy CAPTAINS with M16 Riffle..necessary or not?

    The point is, having a rifle at hand would subject you to become a target for those gurillas, rather than no firearms visible at all.

    Having a rifle in times of insurgencies is better than no firearms at all, true. Come to think of it, those guerillas would not attack you unless provoked or lured upon. If you have *not provoked them, their is a big possibilty of them being lured by the "M16 A4 modded with powerful scope".

    Kap gwapoha ana imo armas oi...huwaman ta na bhe...

  3. #23
    C.I.A.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,924

    Default Re: arming Brgy CAPTAINS with M16 Riffle..necessary or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by estor_boot
    arming brgy chiefs against insurgency? well, the question must be, is there an insurgency problem in the first place? if Tomas will arm brgy chiefs against vigilantes, then i would say, GO!

    when Joe Navarro was the ABC President then, i remember brgy chiefs were issued 9 mm. if my memory is right, it has been recalled and was issued to city hall department heads instead on the arguement that it is not necessay. so whats the point of arming the brgy chiefs again? or is it plain politicking again, Tom?
    it's not only for insurgency bai..TOMAS may have an impression that the mountain barangays will be used as transit point for the terrrorist and criminals specially that the ASEAN SUMMIT is fast approaching..i don't think TOMAS is politicking, he is just setting measures to extend peace and order in the rural communities thru the help of these barangay captains.

  4. #24
    C.I.A.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,924

    Default Re: arming Brgy CAPTAINS with M16 Riffle..necessary or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by omar50071
    The point is, having a rifle at hand would subject you to become a target for those gurillas, rather than no firearms visible at all.

    Having a rifle in times of insurgencies is better than no firearms at all, true. Come to think of it, those guerillas would not attack you unless provoked or lured upon. If you have not provoked them, their is a big possibilty of them being lured by the "M16 A4 modded with powerful scope".

    Kap gwapoha ana imo armas oi...huwaman ta na bhe...
    provoked or not, these communist guerrelas wud still attempt to enter a community either to extort or terrorize..specially if they see a helpless barangay that is far from AFP/PNP's support.

    arming the chiefs with M16 riffles will cause any wud be criminals and insurgents to think twice or perhaps thwart them away in entering the community for fear of being sprayed with 5.56mm NATO bullets =)

  5. #25
    C.I.A.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,924

    Default Re: arming Brgy CAPTAINS with M16 Riffle..necessary or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by mAlD|tO
    huh?! wat if naa ka sa lugar na daghan og tawo..magdala2x ka ana imong M16 rifle..mora ka og c rambo heehehehe..hand gun nalng oi..
    haha..before the'lly be issued with such firearms, they must undergo rigid tactical training and marksmanship as well as psychological orientation..sa kato bungog nga deli ka pasar aw batuta ray dalhon

  6. #26
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,685

    Default Re: arming Brgy CAPTAINS with M16 Riffle..necessary or not?

    i
    Quote Originally Posted by tolstoi
    Quote Originally Posted by estor_boot
    arming brgy chiefs against insurgency? well, the question must be, is there an insurgency problem in the first place? if Tomas will arm brgy chiefs against vigilantes, then i would say, GO!

    when Joe Navarro was the ABC President then, i remember brgy chiefs were issued 9 mm. if my memory is right, it has been recalled and was issued to city hall department heads instead on the arguement that it is not necessay. so whats the point of arming the brgy chiefs again? or is it plain politicking again, Tom?
    it's not only for insurgency bai..TOMAS may have an impression that the mountain barangays will be used as transit point for the terrrorist and criminals specially that the ASEAN SUMMIT is fast approaching..i don't think TOMAS is politicking, he is just setting measures to extend peace and order in the rural communities thru the help of these barangay captains.
    if that's the case, I would prefer to increase police visibility in these areas than arming the brgy captains whom i doubt could even use their batutas well.

  7. #27
    C.I.A. godCode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,054
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: arming Brgy CAPTAINS with M16 Riffle..necessary or not?

    ok raman armasan ang brgy captains to increase their policing power kay laughable kaayo nang batuta ray dadon uy. and dapat pud kamao lang gyud na sila mo tira ug pusil kay basin kung mo tira sila sa atubanga, ang luyo muy ma igo.. hehehehhe

    an AK47 with at least 15 rounds will do...

  8. #28
    C.I.A.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,924

    Default Re: arming Brgy CAPTAINS with M16 Riffle..necessary or not?

    if that's the case, I would prefer to increase police visibility in these areas than arming the brgy captains whom i doubt could even use their batutas well.
    problem is the city only has a total of 900 police forces..and that number still falls short if we factor the civilian-to-police ratio..samot na inig Asean summit na halos tanan cguro police naa na sa city mag focus.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    660

    Default Re: arming Brgy CAPTAINS with M16 Riffle..necessary or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by tolstoi
    provoked or not, these communist guerrelas wud still attempt to enter a community either to extort or terrorize..specially if they see a helpless barangay that is far from AFP/PNP's support.

    arming the chiefs with M16 riffles will cause any wud be criminals and insurgents to think twice or perhaps thwart them away in entering the community for fear of being sprayed with 5.56mm NATO bullets =)
    Either to extort or terrorize, It would not make those guerillas deter or think twice for merely a single Rambo looking Barangay Captain that would come their way. And personally, I dont think there is any Capitan who would stand alone exchanging fires with those insurgents.

  10. #30
    C.I.A.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,924

    Default Re: arming Brgy CAPTAINS with M16 Riffle..necessary or not?

    ^^@OMAR..so what can u suggest regarding this matter?..leave the brgy captains with only batuta in hand and wait for the PNP/AFP support whenever criminal activities or insurgencies arises or armed them with M16 and let them face the situation while help is arriving?

  11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

 
  1. ~Men with Facial Hair~ Cool or not cool?
    By skeet_ulrich21 in forum Trends & Fashion
    Replies: 370
    Last Post: 04-24-2019, 03:37 AM
  2. Engine Warm-up: Necessary or not?
    By Motownkid in forum Automotive
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 07:56 AM
  3. Iphone 3G 16GB with orig accesories, fake or not?
    By bunal69 in forum Apple Devices
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2012, 01:10 PM
  4. CocoPlans with DATAMEX scholarship - scam or not
    By phoenixes in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 03:01 PM
  5. Asay lami Burger steak with Patty sa Brutus or Jollibee
    By duckling in forum Food & Dining
    Replies: 227
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 04:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top