Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By networkguy

Smart vs Globe Data Plan 1799

This discussion is about "Smart vs Globe Data Plan 1799" in the "Networking & Internet" forums.
Good day istoryans! Would like to know your inputs on this. Im due for contract renewal on my globe postpaid plan this december. I have ...

Default Smart vs Globe Data Plan 1799

Good day istoryans!

Would like to know your inputs on this.

Im due for contract renewal on my globe postpaid plan this december. I have Globe's 1799 "unlidata" plan from two years ago and when i tried to renew it this month, globe customer service said i cant retain that plan if i go for a new gadget like the iphone6. If i want to retain my "unlidata" plan i can only get a bill rebate since this plan is already phased out. I did not mind coz i was thinking of getting an unlocked iphone6 instead. however, i recently got a text from Globe that my data usage for the month has already reached 1.5gb and that my plan is covered by their FUP. The FUP states that 3gb is the limit per month and after that i would be throttled to 2g speeds. Before, i was only throttled when i reached 1gb per day. Now that they will start their monthly limit, i now want to change my plan.

the updated 1799 plan of globe is now 5gb per month then you will be billed for additional data. Smart on the other hand has 8gb per month plus "all month surf" for basic net access like google, chat apps, email etc but without downloads like photos, videos, music streaming. im leaning more towards smart but dont know the real world usage of both plans.

anyone with the same Globe/Smart 1799 Plans care to share their experiences?

thanks istoryans!

all i can say Globe sucks bigtime on data plan.
    wootwoot and yhokz101 like this.

globe was ok before but now that they will implement the 3gb monthly data cap for a supposedly "unlidata" plan, i think they will lose a loyal subscriber..

Boss, wa kay contact number dha para ma contact ka namo naa me Plano mag apply sa smart gud. Or you I'll give u nalang my contact number its 09351779209. Thank you. Hope to hear you soon.

6.    Advertisement