Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home Network Problem: PLDT Zyxel + Switch

This discussion is about "Home Network Problem: PLDT Zyxel + Switch" in the "Networking & Internet" forums.
Hi, I have a problem with our recent home networking. I suspect that it is our network switch causing the problem but I somehow suspect ...

Default Home Network Problem: PLDT Zyxel + Switch

Hi,

I have a problem with our recent home networking. I suspect that it is our network switch causing the problem but I somehow suspect too that our PLDT connection is the culprit.

Here's the scenario:
    I found out that only one (1) PC can connect to the internet; one at a time in short. We have 4 computers connected on the same switch(surecom) but this problem wasn't observed before.

Do you have any idea of what's causing this problem and how to fix it? I plan to get a new switch but i want to make sure first that it's really defective. Thanks!

it is a known issue of limited client access to the modem or to the internet. you need to run a DHCP server in your network, to run a dhcp server you need a router i recommend a cisco certified products or any will do. other setup you need to configure each pc with the corresponding ip address and gateway to internet modem. your switch or hub can't provide rerouting of ip address in your network thats why, each pc connected in your network will compete to your internet gateway or modem.

i hope this helps you.

oww, okay. thanks for the quick reply, bro. I thought it's just okay to use a switch because it's our setup for more than a year already and no problem was experienced until yesterday.

what i don't like in using a router is it's complexity in setting up. too lazy of me ... uhmmm, dba aside from that you need to have your host PC turned on all the time so that the client PCs can access the internet/network?

Thanks.

Pm'ed you! let us try that.

Quote Originally Posted by friedrich View Post
    oww, okay. thanks for the quick reply, bro. I thought it's just okay to use a switch because it's our setup for more than a year already and no problem was experienced until yesterday.

what i don't like in using a router is it's complexity in setting up. too lazy of me ... uhmmm, dba aside from that you need to have your host PC turned on all the time so that the client PCs can access the internet/network?

Thanks.
    im not a networking expert pero, routers are better than switches, daghan ka config options and yes you dont need to have a host PC turned on for everyone to be connected. Im having issues with PLDT for sometime na regarding random timeouts, update lang bro.

i used this setup b4.. pero karn d na ni pde coz i think ng usab na ang PLDT.. just use a 4-port router lng jd.. mao na pd ni ako gi gamit ky 4 PC pd mi dri.. Modem > Router > PCs..

yeah, i've experiencing network timeouts too. mukalit lang kaputol akong ym.

regarding of timeout. as i said that each pc connected in your network will compete the internet connection due to pldt isp configurations, they get your MAC address before you can connect to them. in this way Global ip is seldom to change at anytime but when the modem detects that another MAC address or PC global ip will change, this is the time dynamic ip kicks in and this is the time you experience timeout of your ym especially in games you will be disconnected. a clever network setup to counter jitters and disconnections so global IP will remain stable.

Banned User
    i reconfigure nalang imo zyxel device
    i set siya as router mode

@alimoot:
    unsa-on, bro... dili diay na naka-router mode na in default ang zyxel?

@dammy:
    thanks for the concise info. in a way i'm learning few networking theories.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast