Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smarbro Canopy or Share IT.

This discussion is about "Smarbro Canopy or Share IT." in the "Networking & Internet" forums.
Guys, im confused which one to get. right now, i live at banawa. at the back of Convergys but will move to Cagayan de Oro ...

Elite Member

Default Smarbro Canopy or Share IT.

Guys, im confused which one to get. right now, i live at banawa. at the back of Convergys but will move to Cagayan de Oro CIty.We have an existing connection there using the canopy, and its working great.

The question i have is, which would be better option for me, kadto Canopy type but only up to 1mbps or kadtong share it up to 2mbps. Which is more stable and can be carried to both location.

The really important thing is stability man jud. and in the future maybe I will have a laptop or another pc. pero that's not really important.

depende kung kosog ba sad sa cagayan ang smartbro canopy type..
    if ur canopy from cebu then transfer to cagayan, naa ni transfer fee.

Elite Member
    kabalo mo pila ang transfer fee? hopefully this is not more than 2k. kusog au bay.. mao na gamit krn sa balay pero gusto ko naa koy own connection

Elite Member
    up pls. kinsay kblo ani...

bro pag susi susi daan sa silingan if canopy ba or share it. im residing at katipunan grabeh ang share it. less than 3ookbps ako signal. cge ko reklamo smart bro ...ala jd aksyon poryagaba

Elite Member
    i just got hooked up with the canopy plan.. for me, its ok.. 820kbps dload.. 220 kbps upload.. naa lng ko a observe during setup, wlay cla password for adding the bandwidth.. i wonder kung e change nako ni..

Quote Originally Posted by lazaro4ever View Post
    kabalo mo pila ang transfer fee? hopefully this is not more than 2k. kusog au bay.. mao na gamit krn sa balay pero gusto ko naa koy own connection
    i dont know about the transfer fee but what i now is that they will charge you P1-1.5k to deinstall/remove the canopy (you pay this at smart wireless and they will send somebody to remove it for you). i now its pricey so an option is to call the installer of your canopy, haggle and hope he will agree to a lower price. if you are the type that loves to DIY, then proceed then.

so if you bring it to CDO, then another installation takes place. Smart wireless needs to be informed of these changes (for billing purposes, tech support, etc)

btw, any installers who can remove my smartbro canopy along castillex drive, cabancalan, mandaue? pls text me on the number shown on my avatar. target date is early january. thanks!

I'd like to share my horrible experience with SmartBro Share It so far. I made these 2 speed tests from 2 independent sites:

Test # 1:

Test # 2:

They advertised their Share-It service at up to 2mbps yet the actual speed stays at only around 100kbps! Subscribers are only getting 5% of what they are paying for with SmartBro Share it.

If Smart will only give us 5% of the advertised speed, then maybe we should be paying 5% of the P999 monthly bill also, or around P 50 per month.

*NOTE* that I made these tests in an area with 3.5G coverage, meaning the signal that I was getting is HSDPA, or High Speed Downlink Packet Access where the theoretical speed between my Share It Router and the cell site is 7.2MBPS.

I am also within direct line of sight to the cell site and just about 300 meters away from it.

*NOTE 2* during the first 3 days that I was subscribed to SmartBro Share-It, my speed was always around 1.5mbps to 1.7mbps. But it only lasted 3 days and from that point onwards all I got was a meager 0.1mbps.

Elite Member
    what i know btaw brad gikan sa tech kay dali ra daw au na xa mo overheat, could be the reason though

pwede ba na ipa cancel ang subsciption anang share it maski naa ka sa lock in period? ang reason kay dili ka kontento sa speed layo ra sa gina advertise nila..

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast