Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

KAWASAKI CURVE Scooter CEBU OWNERS' Thread! Come Here, CHECK THIS OUT!!!

This discussion is about "KAWASAKI CURVE Scooter CEBU OWNERS' Thread! Come Here, CHECK THIS OUT!!!" in the "Motorcycles" forums.
. This is an AMAZINGLY UNPOPULAR two-wheeled commuter vehicle... just got my kawasaki curve... this is my third scooter. some few points from this amazing ...

Default KAWASAKI CURVE Scooter CEBU OWNERS' Thread! Come Here, CHECK THIS OUT!!!

This is an AMAZINGLY UNPOPULAR two-wheeled commuter vehicle...

just got my kawasaki curve... this is my third scooter.

some few points from this amazing scoot:

- biggest fuel tank in its class (about 6 liters / less fuel station stops specially in long ride traveling)
    - biggest storage box in its class under the seat (can accommodate my travel bag with dslr inside and other bulky stuffs)
    - biggest foot board and leg room in its class (can fit a solane/shellane gas tank, tried and tested)
    - biggest front storage box in its class (can safely put phones without the risk of tumbling over in high speed running)
    - only scooter in its class with the fuel entry in front for convenient (no need to stand up and open the seat to refuel just like a typical scooter / fuel station sometimes get surprised)
    - wisely designed centralized key system (ignition, seat lock, fuel tank lock, security lock / it has smart controlling feature as well)
    - only scooter with dual hooks (one is fixed in the front for carrying grocery bags, and one is collapsible fronting the seat to carry extra helmet or any other stuffs)
    - powerful 115 euro II engine (tested climb transcentral highway near mount manunggal with backride and cargo / fast high speed acceleration on level road)
    - engine ventilation design is enormous (for engine cooling purpose)
    - great drive handling
    - beautiful face-lift design (maintaining elegance in a sporty look)
    - halogen4 pre-installed headlamp (more powerful & brighter than usual ordinary bulb stock headlamp from other scooters)
    - has dual more lights on head (adds visibility and light with cat eye design for fierce outlook)
    - surprisingly the most comfortable seat, specially long drive, i have experienced out of different scooters i owned, and its wide too
    - has an internal helmet hooks inside the seat
    - short arm side mirror for narrow driving
    - bigger side mirrors than my previous scooters with wider view
    - parking and brake systems have very good and easily noticeable design
    - the only scooter in its class with highly audible clicks sound in turn signal (just like a car / very useful in bright daylight if you happen to forget turning off back the signal light because you cannot see well the blinking light in the instrument panel)
    - the only scooter in its class with built-in or out of the box passing feature (just like a car, light blasting for additional driving safety signal)
    - very clear and straightforward instrument panel that you can read right away upon a glance while driving (i got the point of its design for quite a time using it)
    - dedicated splash cover in rear tire
    - 3 spoke light weight magnesium alloy wheels (tubeless specialized that prevents tire lip damage) and easy to clean
    - IRC tubeless tires built-in (experienced by my officemate who has kawasaki curve also; 3-day punctured by nail and did not went flat)
    - has a very good weight balance (tried banking with ease and good feel in incliding road)
    - engine is gy6 family thus ideal for racing upgrades (for enthusiasts)
    - impressive design overall
    - kawasaki brand is known for its durability
    - its carburetor engine has a feature that auto stops fuel supply if system is flooded to prevent fuel wastage

some stuffs to ponder:

- you can buy china or third-party brand parts like mtrt, coso, sun, etc. ( you can get mostly from manila "conveniently" through online via door-to-door delivery by lbc, air231 / it has some mtrt or koso brand parts)
    - of the many scooters i tried in actual, this is the one that has NO vibration in high speed driving (very good weight balance, wind drag aerodynamic design, and ergonomics)
    - genuine/original kawasaki parts more expensive than china parts (though there are inter-compatibility as tested by manila kawasaki curve owners like the following; compatible with 3rd party brand honda beat/scoopy flyballs, compatible with 3rd party brand yamaha mio shocks, compatible with chicken brand of rear brake shoe of honda beat, compatible with 3rd party brand skydrive braking lever, compatible gear and cvt system with kymco free lx scooter and sym jet 100 scooter...... others are need to test/explore yet, will update this)
    - genuine/original parts can be acquired from gud moto(kawasaki p del rosario near sunstar cebu), reliance motors corp and solid group ( can also bought online(has a dedicated kawasaki online parts seller) and conveniently delivered in your doorstep via lbc, air21, etc.
    - manufacturing plant is in luzon, muntinlupa
    - in cooperation by kymco company, the top scooter brand in europe (reliable and durable assembler/brand)
    - kawasaki has less promotion/marketing activity in this amazing scooter from them because seems they are focusing in their big bikes (kawasaki, wake up)
    - endorser is katrina halili (so we know the reason why it has good handling with hayd** k*o... i forgot the theme song in that popular video clip, LOL! just kidding)

-------------------------------------------------------

so KAWASAKI CURVE Cebu Owners, lets share our wonderful scooter's maintenance, electrical, mechanical, parts, accessories, and all other related stuffs here... photos and videos related to it too are all welcome!

we can also do meetups and organize travel rides

Official Website ----> Kawasaki Motors Philippines | Commuter Bikes

kawasaki curve stunts (dont to this at home)

kawasaki curve fx mode lights

driving my curve on the highest road elevation in cebu...so high/steep climb? no problem... "cool ride, literally"

good handling because of her, lol! ^^

-

driving my kawasaki curve scooter on a very dangerous wet road; very slight skid, improper braking techinque, and bad tire-landing could result into a swim ^^ so there you go, a scooter not designed for this scenario but the kawasaki curve can handle.

huge underseat box (U-Box) that conveniently carries your stuffs when traveling (can even carry my travel bag with dslr camera inside plus some bulky stuffs at the sides... ps, all new expensive FI scooters nowadays are mimicking this feature from kawasaki curve, you can notice/observe it)

***we have made a GROUP PAGE IN FACEBOOK named "Cebu KAWASAKI CURVE Owners" . you cam search and join there.... there is also a whole philipines group which is the "Curve Owners Philippines" ...everybody is welcome to join!

-
    Last edited by Chipmunk888; 11-06-2015 at 05:44 AM.

my kawasaki curve during her second climb in transcentral highway going to felixberto, and passing near the point of mount manunggal in the height of 1,003 meters above sea level

** excuse the bottled water and corn, can't stop myself buying along the road due to its so tasty and fresh ^^

-

Default Curve E-start malfuntioning

Quote Originally Posted by Chipmunk888 View Post
    my kawasaki curve during her second climb in transcentral highway going to felixberto, and passing near the point of mount manunggal in the height of 1,003 meters above sea level

** excuse the bottled water and corn, can't stop myself buying along the road due to its so tasty and fresh ^^

-
    Tanong ko lang bago lng ang curve ko nsa 200kms pa lang ang odometer. Pero hirap mag start using e-start..every Saturday ko lang din sya nagagamit..normal ba yon? any recommendation pls..wala akong alam pa sa sa mga motor.
    ano mga dapat gawin?Your suggestions highly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by mhayann29 View Post
    Tanong ko lang bago lng ang curve ko nsa 200kms pa lang ang odometer. Pero hirap mag start using e-start..every Saturday ko lang din sya nagagamit..normal ba yon? any recommendation pls..wala akong alam pa sa sa mga motor.
    it's either the battery was drained without using it. normal cases happen on cars when the lights were switched on even if the engine was off. try switching off all electrical and go to the mechanic of kawasaki to get some feedback..
    Chipmunk888 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mhayann29 View Post

since your kawasaki curve is new, metals inside the engine are still very tight thus engine movements are hard that can add up to hard starting. a factory pre-configured setting is done or the store mechanic will adjust before delivery to make your kawasaki curve have higher idle setting to compensate the break-in period/stage (higher idle engine helps fasten the break-in period and sets the metals inside the engine to their form)...

zeratul is also right, another possible cause is the battery. since your kawasaki curve is still new, most likely its battery is not fully charge thus less interval of usage can lead to its depletion. weak battery does not have the exact strength to start up the engine.

on the other hand, these are some of the common causes of hard starting and engine stoppage in a brandnew scooter: incorrect adjustment of carburetor in its fuel and air mixture, or incorrect adjustment of valve clearance, and/or dirty carburetor (yes, most stores' stock rooms in our country are dirty thus lead to clogging brandnew carburetor / carburetor is very sensitive to tiny dusts)... take note of these things above and inform the mechanic about them... cge, update kayo mam on your k.curve.

ride safe and congratulations sa bagong kawasaki curve mo

-
    Last edited by Chipmunk888; 05-08-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Pila ang km/L sa curve? As fuel efficient siya sa uban scooters like mio soul?

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha4322 View Post
    Pila ang km/L sa curve? As fuel efficient siya sa uban scooters like mio soul?

their official website says 47km per liter ---> Kawasaki Motors Philippines | Commuter Bikes

actual usage of mine is about 35-38km per liter(on break-in period stage yet). this should go higher after the break-in, hopefully.

*i find it more efficient than a honda beat in our house specially that its bigger,wider, and far heavier.
    * definitely better fuel consumption than my relative's yamaha mio smiley
    Last edited by Chipmunk888; 05-08-2015 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipmunk888 View Post
    their official website says 47km per liter ---> Kawasaki Motors Philippines | Commuter Bikes

actual usage of mine is about 35-38km per liter(on break-in period stage yet). this should go higher after the break-in, hopefully.

*i find it more efficient than a honda beat in our house specially that its bigger,wider, and far heavier.
    * definitely better fuel consumption than my relative's yamaha mio smiley
    DIli pa ni fuel injected?

di ni hinimo sa kymco? as far as i can remember LX FREE man ang base ani. but good bike nonetheless and indeed a unique scoot. was supposed to get this baby other than the suzuki skydrive but i chose the latter due to "10cc" more capacity of the SD. and at that time i thought the curve was going to get phased out. dunno with kawasaki why they have so weak scooter line up pero overall this is a very good bike pang utility kaayo.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha4322 View Post
    DIli pa ni fuel injected?
    GY6 engine, i think dli fuel injected
    Chipmunk888 likes this.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast